FoxDirect - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK]

zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012

Fox Direct are trading via Play.com and look to be offering many of their Steelbooks direct.

Feel free to discuss service, shopping and experiences about this shop here.

Welcome to Fox Direct, the online retail store for Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

We stock everything from the very latest home entertainment releases to
all-time classics direct from Fox Studios as well as great films and TV
from our partners MGM, Pathe and DreamWorks.

Whether you want Blu-ray, DVD, Box Sets or Steelbooks, we are committed to giving you value for money and great service as well as the best in entertainment.

Fox Direct is a wholly owned subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (TCFHE), the industry leading worldwide marketing, sales
and distribution company for all Fox produced, acquired and third party
partner film and television programing. Each year TCFHE expands its
award-winning global product portfolio with the introduction of new
entertainment content through established and emerging formats including
DVD, Blu-ray and Digital HD. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
is a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to pick up Wolverine for £9.99, looks good and should go well with the HMV wolverine steelbook. Theres a few more on their page that interest me but will wait till November is over.

I got ID4 from them for £9.99 can't believe how fast it turned up, the only thing they should do is put foam protection around the steel book to protection at when i got mine it just came in a cardboard envelope luckily no damage.

I got the same cardboard packaging when mine turned up yesterday after ordering on Thursday. It was in perfect condition and the Wolverine origins steelbook was worth the £9.99 price.

Reactions: kalel
Not very happy with them at the moment i've ordered two steel books off them in the last month no problems, then i placed a order for another steel book never turned up and its nearly two weeks now when i contacted them and now being told they have to authorise my order then i have to re-order as they don't do replacements which is dumb as i've already paid for it in the first place.

Reactions: digitalbabe
I won't be using them ever again they can give you a refund on a missing if you wish but they actually can't process a replacement order if your item goes which many other companies do you should be at least given the option to either ask for a replacement or ask for refund, it would have made sense if they never had the item in stock so they had no choice but to give you a refund. Now i would rather pay the extra the money else where knowing that i can do this.

Looks like they have decided to do a Sainsburys and use an A1 cardboard envelope!

pa7y6u4u.jpg

epupu7em.jpg

su6emequ.jpg

upy6ered.jpg

That's what you get with crappy A1 mailers.

They got back to my email quickly and are sending a returns label. I have had to buy another copy, as they don't issue replacements!

They also advised they rarely get reports of damaged steels in this packaging! Yeah right!

I hope this was a one off and they are not changing to A1 mailers. If they do, no more business from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kalel and smileyx9
has anybody else had any difficulty cancelling an order, i have ordered x-men 3 and want to cancel as it is now available on amazon at a cheaper price except every time i try to cancel it i get the message " We are unable to display the page you requested. Click 'Refresh' or 'Back' in your browser to try again. If this problem persists, please email us at [email protected] and let us know." when i try to send an e-mail it is asking me for a pop3 info which i do not know

I last used FoxDirect back in the Autumn when I purchased a number of Steelbooks from them at only £9.99 each. All were sent in A1 mailers but arrived in perfect condition.

This week, I decided to get the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" FuturePak as the price had dropped to £10.97. It arrived this morning and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had been shipped in a cardboard sleeve of the type used by Entertainment Store. Sturdy and fit for purpose.

It may just be a one-off but I do hope this indicates that FoxDirect have listened to customer's complaints about their use of the A1 mailers and that this is how they are going to send out their Steelbooks and FuturePaks from now on.

All we need now is for Zavvi and Amazon to follow suit.