apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Does this interest you? Would you get a steelbook or rare slip cover graded?

The more the merrier! CGC Home Video™ is thrilled to announce the expansion of its expert authentication, grading and encapsulation services to include DVDs, Blu-rays and other digital home videos.

“Collectors have been eagerly waiting for CGC Home Video to begin accepting DVDs and Blu-rays for certification,” said Paul Zamarelli, CGC Home Video Senior Finalizer. “We’re very excited to begin offering these services, and we can’t wait to see what collectors submit to us!”

CGC Home Video is all set to start grading your CD-video discs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs! Here’s what will be graded at launch:

CD-Video/CD-i/VCD/DIVX:​

Single Jewel Cases
Single Jewel Cases with Slipcover
Double Jewel Cases

DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray/4K:​

Slipcases (single)
Most Clamshells
Drawer Boxes
Book Boxes
Box only
Standard Keepcases
Standard Keepcases with Slipcovers
Steelbooks
Steelbooks with Slipcovers
DVD Snapper Cases
Jewel Cases

Source:

• Haha
Reactions: leelee17 and laz305
Wtf does grading mean? Video is just films in security boxes. Confused

the condition you phuckin' muppet
Whos grading the condition though? Don’t we all just check the quality when we open stuff? Video literally just shows a bunch of films in a few plastic security boxes. It’s confusing. And weird

what a strange business idea. Never heard of this in my life and it sounds utterly f**king stupid! I can send stuff to them for them to check how mint it is? I can do that my f**king self

Reactions: astycorax
You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

Interesting! I have quite a few comics CGC graded, although once graded you can no longer have access to the movie inside. Some steelbooks yes, others no, it all depends if I want to watch it again.
Sorry what? So basically it’s a scam lol. They get to keep the discs :rofl:

Maybe it was a genius idea on their end :LOL:

what a strange business idea. Never heard of this in my life and it sounds utterly f**king stupid! I can send stuff to them for them to check how mint it is? I can do that my f**king self

Have you seriously never seen comic books that have been CGC graded?