Friday The 13th Collection - 40th Anniversary (Deluxe Edition Box Set) (Scream Factory) [USA]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: October 13, 2020
Purchase links: Shout Factory - Amazon - DiabolikDVD - WowHD
Price: $159.98 (Shout ) - $129.99 (Amazon) - $141.99 (DiabolikDVD) - €111.23 (WowHD)
Notes: Special Offer: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get an EXCLUSIVE 36" x 24" ROLLED LITHOGRAPH PLUS an EXCLUSIVE 24" x 36" ROLLED POSTER (limited to the first 7,000 orders)

Friday the 13th replacement disc program

See info below in spolier

On behalf of everyone at Scream Factory & Shout! Factory, we want to thank everyone who has purchased the Friday the 13th Blu-ray Collection (Deluxe Edition). We hope you are enjoying it. A lot of hard work went into it from many contributors and fans—us included. We think Jason would be pleased (for once!).
Unfortunately, there were some unintended mistakes in our process due to human error, for which we accept responsibility, and we extend to you our genuine apologies. We plan to correct those errors by offering replacements for three discs: Friday the 13th Part 3, Jason Goes to Hell (Uncut version) and Jason X.

How to request replacement discs:
If you would like to sign up to receive the three corrected discs at no cost to you, please go www.discshipment.com
and follow the instructions on the form. Replacement disc fulfillment will be handled by a third party. If you have any questions about the status of your replacement disc shipment once you have completed the form, please email: [email protected]. Shout! Factory customer service will not have any info on the status of your replacement disc order.
  • When filling out your form, please enter “Friday the 13th” in the “What Title Do You Need Replaced” section.
  • When filling out your form, you will need to upload a copy of your proof of purchase (photo or scan of receipt or digital receipt from online retailer).
Discs are expected to be shipped out in November 2020.
Corrected discs will be marked with “R1” on them. They will be shipped in a rigid cardboard mailer and each disc will be placed in individual sleeves to protect them further in transit.
Discs will be sent out globally to those wishing to redeem.

Affected Discs:
  • PART 3 (When viewing in 3D) – First instance of 3D opening credits does not come out of the screen correctly.
  • PART 9: JASON GOES TO HELL (Unrated Cut) – Missing “snapped wrist” gore in an uncut scene.
  • PART 10: JASON X: Missing audio during a scene in the film in which Jason kills camp counselors in a sleeping bag.
Thank you again and, as always, we appreciate your loyal support and patience.
October 15, 2020 in Uncategorized. Tags: friday the 13th

Fri13CollectDE_BR_PS_Slipcase_72dpi.png

Fri13Collect_BD_BeautyShots_WebExclu_72dpi.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The "same" unrated version has never been officially released on bluray and of course the 3D version is the proper 3d version. These were what I was hoping for from the set! Took several tries but got my preorder secured from Shout. Excited!
I couldn't remember if it was unrated in the first box sets. So that's good then.

Reactions: 3Maters
Shout Factory just posted this in an email....

NEW 4K film transfers for Parts 1-4 (including Part 3 in its original 3D presentation).

Doesn't sound like a proper 3D conversion......

I will pre order when Amazon list for pre order
As to keeping my order depends on what funds I have available in October

The Lithograph and poster as usual is what is exclusive to shout factory webstore

The amazon import deposit on this + Global Priority Shipping will make this very expenesive

Totally, too expensive. Go with DiabolikDVD - 141$ is there and they send very customs friendly if asked.

Shout Factory just posted this in an email....

NEW 4K film transfers for Parts 1-4 (including Part 3 in its original 3D presentation).

Doesn't sound like a proper 3D conversion......
I believe they mean original as in original release. Technically it wouldn't be a conversion anyway. By scanning the original elements they would have access to it in 3D. In fact, the 2D version is the conversion of the 3D negative. I think you are reading into this the wrong way lol

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Totally, too expensive. Go with DiabolikDVD - 141$ is there and they send very customs friendly if asked.
DiabolikDVD postage to Ireland more expensive than Amazon
Shipping cost from DiabolikDVD to Ireland is $62.32
Total cost $204.31

Amazon shipping will be $12.98
UPS USA to Ireland delivery in 1-2 days after been dispatched

DiabolikDVD take payment when ordering so that is a total no for me
Amazon only take payment when dispatching and they will drop price before release date giving you lot of time to decide if to keep order or cancel
Amazon even with shipping and import fee deposit will be cheaper than DiabolikDVD

Last edited:
Do they take payment on order?
WowHD
Credit/Debit card payment taken when dispatched
You may notice full amount show up as a pending transaction but will drop off after a few days

PayPal payment taken when ordering

Those based in UK vat is added to price at checkout when delivery address is based in UK

Other countries you might have customs look for vat payment due to price of box set but most times I have avoided customs with WowHD orders

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Steelselecta
WowHD is free shipping

WowHD Ireland
€122.32

WowHD UK
£108.58

WowHD USA
$137.44

Note
Due to Covid-19 expect dealys getting delivery using WowHD if delivery address is based outside USA
You might be left waiting 2-8 weeks or longer for delivery after your order has been dispatched

Last edited:
Note when Amazon go live you might see not available for delivery to your address in some countries based outside USA
This usually changes closer to release date allowing to place an order to other countries but with this release it might be sold out before that happens

Hopefully that won't happen with this release and Amazon allow at checkout to delivery to Ireland as soon as it goes live

I would use WowHD but they have long delys in deliveries at the moment and use USPS to Europe lot of the parcels go by sea travel at the moment
I also be wary of the packaging they would use for a Box Set
WOWHD ship items orderd from USA to Europe usually Holland or Switzerland a large batch of items same time you then have to wait for it to be shipped from a WowHD Hub in Europe to UK and Ireland addresss

Going by the rumours nothing about this set warrants buying it if you have the complete tin collection for me price tag is steep, no 4k, no new scans etc. So what are we getting that’s different other than some new commentaries?

The first 4 movies are new 4K scans.

Reactions: BluSteel2012