Fright Night (1985) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: October 4, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon - Bull Moose - DiabolikDVD - Target - Best Buy - Walmart
Price: $29.19 (Walmart) - $27.99 (Amazon - Best Buy) - $27.97 (Bull Moose) - $29.49 (Target) - $29.99 (DiabolikDVD)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

20220711_150148.jpg

91MU+bW4snL._SL1500_.jpg
Coming to 4K UHD 10/4 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

Fright Night 4K UHD Steelbook

4K UHD Special Features:
Feature scanned from the original camera negative and presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision
All-new Dolby Atmos audio + 5.1 + original Dolby Stereo

BLU-RAY FEATURE special features:

Feature presented in High Definition, sourced from the 4K master
5.1 + original Dolby Stereo
Special Features:
NEW: Deleted Scene Storyboards – Tom Holland guides us through the film’s only deleted scene, using his personal pre-production storyboards
NEW: Holland/Beyda Spec Trailer with an Introduction by Tom Holland – the never-before-seen alternate trailer cut by Fright Night editor Kent Beyda with the guidance—and narration—of Tom Holland
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors Chris Sarandon & Jonathan Stark, Moderated by Filmmaker Tim Sullivan
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors William Ragsdale & Stephen Geoffreys, FX Artist Randall Cook, Moderated by Journalist Jeremy Smith and Filmmaker Tim Sullivan
You’re So Cool, Brewster! The Story of Fright Night
What is Fright Night
Tom Holland: Writing Horror
Theatrical Trailers

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES DISC Special Features:
NEW: Fright Night 35th Anniversary Script Read – an anniversary cast reunion and script reading featuring writer/director Tom Holland and special guests including Rosario Dawson, Jason Patric, and many more!
NEW: The ***** Lens: Bryan Fuller in Conversation with Amanda Bearse – a candid discussion between Fright Night aficionado Bryan Fuller (Hannibal, ***** for Fear: The History of ***** Horror) and Fright Night star Amanda Bearse about the Gothic’s ***** roots, the film’s ***** subtext, and its metaphorical power
NEW: A Novel Approach: The Splatterpunk Story of the Fright Night Novelization – Tom Holland, Fright Night novelization authors John Skipp and Craig Spector, and publisher Mark Alan Miller discuss how the progenitors of the splatterpunk genre came to work on the book, their writing process, and the novel’s enduring legacy
NEW: SFX Storyboard Comparisons – a selection of original storyboards from key effects sequences, compared with their final filmed versions
Roddy McDowall: From Apes to Bats
Tom Holland and Amanda Bearse Talk Fright Night
Round Table with Tom, Stephen and William
Shock Till You Drop Presents Choice Cuts with Tom Holland and Ryan Turek
First Ever Fright Night Reunion Panel – Fear Fest 2 (2008)
Weekend of Hell Panel with Amanda and Stephen
Vintage EPK with Behind-the-Scenes Raw Footage

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I can be tempted, as I already have the blu ray steelbook, that appears to be the same. And I don't think I've watched it since I bought the blu ray steelbook.

Amazon price will drop before release date
$38.99 is the (MSRP) price

Pre order price guarantee you automatically get lower price on your pre order when price drops on Amazon
Amazon Pre order price guarantee covers to close of business on release date
Amazon also sometimes will cover price drops that happen 1-2 days after release date and give a refund of price difference

Amazon will likely price match bull moose price $27.97 or be less if Best Buy sell at a cheaper price
You won't end up paying $38.99 as the price will drop

DiabolikDVD has very high shipping costs in regards to international delivery and not worth it if you based outside USA
You will also have customs looking for payment in regards to EU as vat not included

Reminder with DiabolikDVD if you cancel a pre order you only get store credit and not a cash refund

Amazon USA to a EU delivery address price + shipping vat is added at checkout so no customs looking for vat payment as it's already paid

• Helpful Post
Reactions: milky
I like that the image is a bit bigger than the Arrow version. But yeah no title is a bummer.

Reactions: jaffajakes