UK
Release date: December 30, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few glossy steelbooks, maybe it's because I put my steelbooks together but is it pretty common that they scratch? the only way you can see the scratches are in certain light, you wouldn't notice otherwise.

I have a few glossy steelbooks, maybe it's because I put my steelbooks together but is it pretty common that they scratch? the only way you can see the scratches are in certain light, you wouldn't notice otherwise.

Due to the relatively high cost of steelbooks protection is recommended (if you unseal them) and wish to keep them as pristine and scratch free as possible.
Various types available with the most popular being the two below - 40 micron 14mm poly bags available in lots of 50 for about GBP 2.50 each + P&P to lots of 2,000 for GBP 60 + P&P each to the more expensive translucent box sleeve available in several sizes and styles.
The bags really only suitable for the steelbooks by themselves - i.e. with no j-card or quarter slipcover as the fit is tight as.
The box sleeves are available in different styles and sizes (SC2 to the SC6 jumbo as well as the fully enclosed SCF1 to the DVD steelbook size SCF5) and are quite a bit more expensive.
sw1-premium-blu-ray-dvd-steelbook-protective-wraps-sleeves-40-micron-452-p.jpg

Just so I know I'm not the only one... do most of you guys have imperfections on your steelbooks? Wether it's scratches, slight denting etc?

There is no steelbook that's damage free. There are always imperfections even on those who call them mint. But I don't really care as long as it's not a major defect I'm fine with it. It is a thin piece of metal with a very, very thin coat of paint on it after all. You can look at a steelbook the wrong way and it gets damaged :)

I would be scared to ever sell one of these sealed on Ebay. No matter what kind of disclaimers or "rules" a seller puts on a listing, if the buyer gets a steelbook, opens it, sees a scratch on it, then initiates a return because it's "damaged", the buyer is getting their money back.

I often wondered about this.

Does Ebay really expect a private seller to accept a used item as a return when they sold it as new. I would understand if the item is damaged but a small scratch that is visible even before opening the item and yet the buyer proceeds to open it. Let alone that the seller listed and pointed out the scratch.

I have heard stories of Ebay really protecting scammers errr buyers so this wouldn't surprise me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Goonboy
Anybody received Eureka's email?

Fright Night

Eureka is set to release Fright Night for the first time on Blu-ray in a dual format special edition, with over 4 hours of extras.

Sample Headline

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Anybody received Eureka's email?

Fright Night

Eureka is set to release Fright Night for the first time on Blu-ray in a dual format special edition, with over 4 hours of extras.

Sample Headline

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Ah the age old lets put the Latin block of text in then get the full paragraph for release overwriting the Latin text, get proof reader in and double, or more importantly triple check the email release and then hit the group spam button. Appears someone didn't do a very good job down the chain of events to get a solid publication of information out to a mass audience. History repeating itself in parallel with the release of same steelbook?

I've missed out on getting this steelbook and was awaiting it to hopefully come back in stock. Half of me is glad I missed out, though the other half definitely wants this steelbook. It's such a shame that this release has been a shambles and people are not getting a product they bought. Now it would appear the service may be also as bad too. What a shame.

• Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
No need to take umbrage folks as I was just responding to post #1219.
totoro.gif
it helps if you click the reply button on the referenced posts so we can all follow along, dude.

but falling asleep twice, at the same time by @tokaman was pretty funny.

to the steel, i also am at a point of happy/sad over not getting this. as much as i enjoy steels i'm always a little put off when they have no back art and/or inside art. the plane solid color thingy just doesn't work for me folks. in fact, it's possibly THE REASON my JAWS steel isn't my favorite steel, as they went cheap there, too, and gave us nothing. As for FN, it's likewise true my happy balloon bursts tears of sadness when I get one damaged. Just a massive letdown to me. really hope everyone gets taken care of.