Funny/Awesome Movie Related Videos!

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
I just wanted to create a thread where we can share videos that are not official trailers or featurettes :thumbs:
Anything funny/awesome/fan made but film related! HAVE FUN! :woot:

hdn film reel.jpg

popcorn2.gif

It's easier to just read the article and see the footage without having to listen to that guy.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/opinion/sunday/this-is-why-uma-thurman-is-angry.html

Yeah I just read it all. What I take from it all is Harvey is still a major dbag , QT handled it most of all that semi ok but even he has admitted he could have done better and more and if any Director among the Harvey backed movies could have I feel QT could have. So that sucks.

But I dont think its odd that a Director is persuading and pushing for that perfect shot etc what with what followed in the crash. All Directors do it. But basically its sad, horrible and frightening that you pushed for the perfect shot thinking or hoping nothing bad would happen and in fact something bad did happen.

I think the emotional well being of Uma was already f00ked with the Harvey stuff prior, the tragic scary crash, and then then script always was what it was so(for the writer?uma? cant decipher) to throw some cheap jab by stating QT got to extract revenge on her by having other actors kick her ass on film basically is crazy and cruel because that was the script before and thus he didnt plan that in that type of way ...

And years later he makes Inglourious Basterds in which he steps in and chokes out Diane Kruger, so he has always been about pushing the envelope to get the best shot which is a similarity of all great Directors. Now if the majority of other Directors say he is crazy an takes too many chances in regards to safety then I could respect that, but I dont think he is being bias in any negative way is what I'm getting at. Seems to treat it all the same way, the Quentin way.

Also it said Miramax was the ones collectively saying to her from the jump you cant have the footage after being threatened to sue. Granted she is in her right to do so, and I think its a crappy deal that the studio wouldnt provide the footage but she likely also signed injury waivers etc. *shrug* and while im sure QT is demanding she still could have said no, tuff sh!t kick rocks im not doing the scene.

No matter what tho, this is all just some my early thinking on the above based on the old saying of ............ There's her side of the story, there's his side of the story, and then their's the truth! (and sure the footage is there for proof of that, but the comments of all the arguing to happen there after many times over we will never know the exact words exchanged throughout all.)

I'd love to see if the 2 of them can get over the hump for a kill bill 3 if not traumatic for her, but with this coming out who knows if that will ever happen.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Yeah I just read it all. What I take from it all is Harvey is still a major dbag , QT handled it most of all that semi ok but even he has admitted he could have done better and more and if any Director among the Harvey backed movies could have I feel QT could have. So that sucks.

But I dont think its odd that a Director is persuading and pushing for that perfect shot etc what with what followed in the crash. All Directors do it. But basically its sad, horrible and frightening that you pushed for the perfect shot thinking or hoping nothing bad would happen and in fact something bad did happen.

I think the emotional well being of Uma was already f00ked with the Harvey stuff prior, the tragic scary crash, and then then script always was what it was so(for the writer?uma? cant decipher) to throw some cheap jab by stating QT got to extract revenge on her by having other actors kick her ass on film basically is crazy and cruel because that was the script before and thus he didnt plan that in that type of way ...

And years later he makes Inglourious Basterds in which he steps in and chokes out Diane Kruger, so he has always been about pushing the envelope to get the best shot which is a similarity of all great Directors. Now if the majority of other Directors say he is crazy an takes too many chances in regards to safety then I could respect that, but I dont think he is being bias in any negative way is what I'm getting at. Seems to treat it all the same way, the Quentin way.

Also it said Miramax was the ones collectively saying to her from the jump you cant have the footage after being threatened to sue. Granted she is in her right to do so, and I think its a crappy deal that the studio wouldnt provide the footage but she likely also signed injury waivers etc. *shrug* and while im sure QT is demanding she still could have said no, tuff sh!t kick rocks im not doing the scene.

No matter what tho, this is all just some my early thinking on the above based on the old saying of ............ There's her side of the story, there's his side of the story, and then their's the truth! (and sure the footage is there for proof of that, but the comments of all the arguing to happen there after many times over we will never know the exact words exchanged throughout all.)

I'd love to see if the 2 of them can get over the hump for a kill bill 3 if not traumatic for her, but with this coming out who knows if that will ever happen.
And btw - this is FAR from being the first of its kind. Go back and read the stories about James Cameron (allegedly) endangering his crew on the Abyss....
Like you said - directors push the limit to get footage, and sometimes it's fine and works out. Sometimes it doesn't (John Landis on The Twilight Zone movie). But, the actors are still grown adults who can say "No".
I think this effectively ends any chance of Kill Bill 3 - maybe that is why QT is doing Star Trek instead?

And btw - this is FAR from being the first of its kind. Go back and read the stories about James Cameron (allegedly) endangering his crew on the Abyss....
Like you said - directors push the limit to get footage, and sometimes it's fine and works out. Sometimes it doesn't (John Landis on The Twilight Zone movie). But, the actors are still grown adults who can say "No".
I think this effectively ends any chance of Kill Bill 3 - maybe that is why QT is doing Star Trek instead?

I would almost argue maybe this is why he in later years has always said Kill Bill 1 and 2 is really just 1 movie. The WHole bloody affair etc. wonder if there is anything to that in regards to why we have never seen that ever released on disc. Like, as if what if it needed some further sign offs from Uma? Not sure, but just saying.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I would almost argue maybe this is why he in later years has always said Kill Bill 1 and 2 is really just 1 movie. The WHole bloody affair etc. wonder if there is anything to that in regards to why we have never seen that ever released on disc. Like, as if what if it needed some further sign offs from Uma? Not sure, but just saying.
I dunno. Certainly it needs no work (since we know it actually exists as a print).
I really do wanna see that. It was really hard to gauge from that article whether Q and U are completely on the outs, or if this is just a tiff.
(Also it was kinda weird how she seemed to hold Miramax responsible as opposed to QT...??)