Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
March 28th, 2015:
FUTURE SHOP CLOSING ALL THE STORES:
To answer few questions:
http://links.newsletter.futureshop....MTM0MTIzOTQyNzg5S0&j=NjQzNzE3NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0

And the FAQ:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/futureshop-bestbuy-faq.aspx?cmp=vrd-bbyquestions

If you want to know if your store is still open:
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/stores/store-locator.aspx?icmp=BBYStoreLocator_en_5

For ALL Future Shop release:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/35674/
futureshop.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Future Shop Canada website.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to Canada. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluraysteel
Pre-ordering Looper

Hello,

I just recently started to buy steelbooks, and I've dropped about $200 in 2 days already... Anyways, on to my real question! I live in the US, and I was wondering if there is any way to pre-order Looper from futureshop.com? So far the only way I've found to pre-order Looper is from eBay, but they are charging a hefty price of $50. Also, just for my clarification, blu-rays from Canada will work and play on my blu-ray player (bought at best buy) correct?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello,

I just recently started to buy steelbooks, and I've dropped about $200 in 2 days already... Anyways, on to my real question! I live in the US, and I was wondering if there is any way to pre-order Looper from futureshop.com? So far the only way I've found to pre-order Looper is from eBay, but they are charging a hefty price of $50. Also, just for my clarification, blu-rays from Canada will work and play on my blu-ray player (bought at best buy) correct?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum, i have moved your post to the Futureshop section. You are unable to pre-order from Futureshop unless you live in Cananda. Once you reach 30 posts you will have access to the trading area where you can access group buys for these titles. As for the Blu-rays yes the US and Canada are both region A so the discs will play fine.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phi Chong
I recently got Expendables 2 in just a thin envelope with no padding at all.

Some how it does not appear to have any damage.

Amazing Spider-man and the MIB steels I ordered came in large boxes ... seems to be hit and miss which ones get this packaging.

Still needs work FS! ;)

Welcome to the forum, i have moved your post to the Futureshop section. You are unable to pre-order from Futureshop unless you live in Cananda. Once you reach 30 posts you will have access to the trading area where you can access group buys for these titles. As for the Blu-rays yes the US and Canada are both region A so the discs will play fine.:)

My bad, I thought that was the correct place to post that, hah. Thank you very much for the information. I'll be sticking around these forums now :).

Agreed, although the Steelbooks don't look too flashy, they're good films and with the embossing these won't be around long. They make a great Christmas gift for the Bourne admirer.

^^^ Yup, exactly. Its that crazy time of the year for sales... people will buy these out by weeks end I bet.

I pre-ordered all four... they still haven't shipped. I'm guessing they must be busy with a lot of christmas orders, but still. Anybody else still waiting?
I decided to go in a buy extras just incase. Not many left in store.

^^^ Honestly KAW Future Shop has been sh^t slow shipping out pre-orders since March/April of this year for myself. I have been ordering pre-orders for like 4 - 5 years from FS.CA and almost always they charged my card 3 - 4 days in advance of releases and ship them. Day of release or maybe 1 - 3 days after release I would have my items in hand. This entire effing' year they haven't once charged my card before release date. Almost always 2 - 3 days after and then deliver my stuff a goods 7 - 10 days after release. You see I wouldnt care much about this as an extra week here and there is not a big deal but my issue is now a days steelbooks are sold out and out of print within one week of release (usually). So if those steelbooks arrive with any kind of damage and the stores are out of stock and so is online your screwed.

So now I just put in online order's as "back-ups" in-case we have a John Carter situation where they only get 6 in-store, lol, and you don't get a copy in-store on release day. So yeah, thats what I do now go in-store pick up my copies I need for me and any HDN buddies and then come home and cancel the pre-order since it always sitting there not shipped or charged.

And add to that this new revision of FS.CA glitches like crazy. Just not happy with FS.CA lately :angry: And I seem to be the only one too with these issues .... bad luck perhaps, not sure :dunno:

The Amazing Spider-Man situation was even worse, that stupid t-shirt held up my order for a week after release and still it didn't ship. Good thing they had lots of stock in-store. Gave up, cancelled the order and got it in-store. FS's new packaging for steelbook's has been of no use to me ever since they implemented it :hilarious: Order's never ship!

End Rant/

Reactions: kaw
HAHA good rant JB!
I agree, everytime I have ordered from FS online its ALWAYS come a few days late (Except for once... but that was HALO4, not a bluray steelbook). I have a feeling because they ship from the east coast, us Vancouverites get the short end of the straw. :(

Going in store and getting backups I guess is always a good idea. Just frustrating that we have to do that. You would think as a reward for pre-ordering it might get sent early not days late.

But in this case of these BOURNE Steelbooks... Looking on my account online, in my order details, it says the item status is OUT OF STOCK. ummm... I pre-ordered. Shouldn't that mean that I get priority?

Reactions: Jason Bourne
HAHA good rant JB!
I agree, everytime I have ordered from FS online its ALWAYS come a few days late (Except for once... but that was HALO4, not a bluray steelbook). I have a feeling because they ship from the east coast, us Vancouverites get the short end of the straw. :(

Going in store and getting backups I guess is always a good idea. Just frustrating that we have to do that. You would think as a reward for pre-ordering it might get sent early not days late.

But in this case of these BOURNE Steelbooks... Looking on my account online, in my order details, it says the item status is OUT OF STOCK. ummm... I pre-ordered. Shouldn't that mean that I get priority?

Yeah Ive gotten that out of stock after release status too. Eventually they will allocate more stock for online orders from somewhere and it will ship. The whole west coast thing is a big factor too as I see east-coaster's getting online orders on time all the time from FS.

My issue is this.... orders should be filled in the order they were received. I almost always order the same day of an item going up for pre-order on FS's website and yet somehow my stuff still never ships until after release while other's are even receiving stuff before release. I know I seem to be a anomaly this year with the complaining with problems with FS.CA in general. So I dunno if other's have continually been getting the same issues or if for some reason its just me with bad luck streak. That being said zero issues buying stuff in-store ever. Even on-line really its not that I have any serious issues I just dont get why my pre-orders aren't shipping on time.

Anyhow, I have given up since this has been almost a year long issue with them for me now so I just go in-store and keep the online order's as backup's.

In the past (only few weeks/months), I was receiving my stuff always 1-2 days before release. That gave me the time to go back in store to exchange my copy/ies if there was a problem before it solds out.

Now, it's always on release date (wich is perfect), a day late (ok...) or 1½ week late (Brave) :angry:.

Dunno what's happening... CS is not helping... but seriously, with all the business we at HDN brings them, it's too bad they don't appreciate it more.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
In the past (only few weeks/months), I was receiving my stuff always 1-2 days before release. That gave me the time to go back in store to exchange my copy/ies if there was a problem before it solds out.

Now, it's always on release date (wich is perfect), a day late (ok...) or 1½ week late (Brave) :angry:.

Dunno what's happening... CS is not helping... but seriously, with all the business we at HDN brings them, it's too bad they don't appreciate it more.

Similar situation for me in the last 2 to 3 months or so. I told a work colleague of mine who lives in the same area about the good deal for Brave when FS had the $8 off discount. I had already ordered mine at that point. He decided to order one and received his around the official release date. I received mine over a week later, well after they had been released in their stores. I wrote to FS when I heard about him receiving his a week earlier but they did not even bother to reply.

My concern is also that if I receive my Steelbook damaged that they will be sold out before I can replace it.

Reactions: Drum18
Yesterday I got my Bourne Legacy steelbook without the usual packing slipinside. I think that's the first time it's ever happened :)

Futureshop claims they have same day shipping, so they'll send out your item on the same day if you order by a certain time. However I notice that's not actually what happens, it takes them at least 2 days later to ship out my order.
Pretty disappointing.
Also their site is always kinda glitchy, like earlier today I couldn't do searches properly.

FS is really starting to piss me off... tried to return my Bourne Legacy today to the store (after recieving it like 4 days after release date) because it has some paint chips and a scratch on it. But the store in my city is sold out. I was just in another city a few days ago and they had lots of copies. :angry:

So I guess I am stuck with this damaged copy.

I am just going to cancel all pre-ordes and get my stuff in store on release day, this is how I used to do it anyways. FS shipping really sucks recently as most of you have already said. They also keep overcharging me and not the release day price. They never change the pre-order to the lower price, plus the last 2-3 boxes I have gotton did not have the packing slips in them so I had to go online and print them out myself. I know its a small thing but all these little things are starting to add up.

sorry for ranting, lol!

Reactions: Drum18
A few of my steelbooks arrived paint chips or scratches, but the shrink wrap was still perfect...i'm guessing these damages come from handling during production.
Which steels are you refering?

Bourne? A lot of them have these defects, but you can find some perfect in stores...

TDKR? Paint chip on the back, lower right corner.

Bourne? A lot of them have these defects, but you can find some perfect in stores...

I got TDKR with paint chips or scratches, the shrink wrap looked perfect though.
Same with Hunger Games, I ordered two copies, both had a chip/scratch on the bottom left corner, same place.

I didn't bother exchanging TDKR....but I might order another couple Hunger Games and see if I can get one that is perfect.

I'm kinda surprised that how much shelf wear the steelbooks get at the store, just what are people doing to them?

Is this visible with the J card? Or you have to remove the J card/shrink wrap to see the paint chip? Still have mine sealed and kind of worried that it maybe damaged underneath the j card.