Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
March 28th, 2015:
FUTURE SHOP CLOSING ALL THE STORES:
To answer few questions:
http://links.newsletter.futureshop....MTM0MTIzOTQyNzg5S0&j=NjQzNzE3NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0

And the FAQ:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/futureshop-bestbuy-faq.aspx?cmp=vrd-bbyquestions

If you want to know if your store is still open:
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/stores/store-locator.aspx?icmp=BBYStoreLocator_en_5

For ALL Future Shop release:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/35674/
futureshop.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Future Shop Canada website.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to Canada. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluraysteel
Thanks so much! I assume then an IM, or any other of the FS grails, with the sticker would have more "value" than one without (sold elsewhere)?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Whoops, I didn't read all your response. I meant the round sticker on the back that has the name of the title. I have a Public Enemies and Watchmen that have the round sticker.

I pre-ordered The Hobbit Extended 3D SteelBook for $39.99. The pre-order price dropped to $29.99. Unfortunaley, Future Shop charged me the original price $39.99 when it shipped. I thought their system is supposed to charge the lower price according to their website:

What happens if the price drops during the pre-order date or on release date?
In the event that the price of a pre-ordered item drops between the time you place order and the time it ships, you will automatically be charged the lower price.

Their system seems broken. It does not work the way it should. I called to get the difference refunded but every customer should not have to do that every time they pre-order. It is frustrating. Because I used a bank account on PayPal as the payment method, the refund amount $11.30 will only be credited to my PayPal balance instead of going back to my bank account.

Has anyone had a similar experience with being charged the higher pre-order price?

I pre-ordered The Hobbit Extended 3D SteelBook for $39.99. The pre-order price dropped to $29.99. Unfortunaley, Future Shop charged me the original price $39.99 when it shipped. I thought their system is supposed to charge the lower price according to their website:

Their system seems broken. It does not work the way it should. I called to get the difference refunded but every customer should not have to do that every time they pre-order. It is frustrating. Because I used a bank account on PayPal as the payment method, the refund amount $11.30 will only be credited to my PayPal balance instead of going back to my bank account.

Has anyone had a similar experience with being charged the higher pre-order price?

Yes, once before so now I either telephone their CS once the price has dropped to fix the situation or order a second copy once the price drops and then cancel my first order.

Reactions: nexor
Hallo Friends,

i come from germany, where can y buy the futureshop Steelbooks

thank you

As FS does not ship outside of Canada, for current releases, you can buy them through Group Buys, usually hosted by Drum18 and Biscuitnoir. Both are great members that are willing host the FS group buy.

Otherwise, do a search on the trading threads for FS steelbooks that you are looking to buy.

Reactions: Drum18 and nexor
Just received my FS Lone Survivor Steelbook today in a cardboard mailing envelope. I hope this does not become the norm for FS packaging as the item could easily become damaged in transit. There was no wrapping or padding inside the envelope.

One of the corners of my Steelbook front cover might be damaged but I am not sure because of the way the plastic wrap is crumpled in that area and the Steelbook design itself.

Just received my FS Lone Survivor Steelbook today in a cardboard mailing envelope. I hope this does not become the norm for FS packaging as the item could easily become damaged in transit. There was no wrapping or padding inside the envelope.

One of the corners of my Steelbook front cover might be damaged but I am not sure because of the way the plastic wrap is crumpled in that area and the Steelbook design itself.

FS sent me steelbooks in those envelopes recently too. I thought their policy was to only use those sturdy little boxes. Maybe their supply is depleted temporarily I hope.

We have taken all the feedback received for lone survivor about the shipping and are escalating the issue to ensure it is corrected for the next release.

Thank you

I often receive them in cardbord enveloped when I order Online and it goes to a couple of years ago, yes that far they do this, when they shipped my Thor got them damaged since no protection in cardboard and when I complain they say there's nothing they can do for me(on discontinued items like Thors once it was shipped if you received it damaged it was too bad so sad), my 2 thors were damaged in the no protection cardboard enveloped. That's why I stopped buying from future shop because of them shipping the steel in those cardboard enveloppe.

2nd question: lets say there's a limit of 10 per household, if I pass 2 x order of 5 copies will the system give me issue because I pass 2 separate orders for the same steel ?

Last edited:
I often receive them in cardbord enveloped and when I complain they say there's nothing they can do for me, my 2 thors were damaged in the no protection cardboard enveloped.

Hey Zerox39 QUESTION for you, lets say there's a limit of 10 per household, if I pass 2 x order of 5 copies will the system give me issue because I pass 2 separate orders for the same steel ?

It should operate just fine for that.

hi zero, to confirm, its just 2 bluray discs right? there is no dvd?

Frankly I don't think Disney has decided yet. But it's looking like it will match the Thor 2 steel exactly

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Hey Xerox another comment in the packaging WHICH I FIND VERY IMPORTANT !!!

ALSO WHEN THEY SHIP IN BOXES WHEN ORDERING MANY COPIES< THEY JUST PUT THE STELL AT BOTTOM OF BOX WITH PAPER ON TOP BUT THERE IS NO PROTECTION FOR THE STEEL WHICH IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX SO EVERY HIT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX => THE STEEL FEELS IT> THEY SHOULD INCLUDE PADDING AT BOTTOM OF THE BOX FIRST, THAN PUT THE STEEL AND THEN THE PAPER (they should sandwich the steel in the box ii mean to avoid hits to the bottom of the box to damage the steel)

Reactions: stinkofdefeat
Question about PayPal, I want to pre-order a bunch of stuff does FS do they take payment when order is made with PayPal, or is it like credit card and the money is not taken till its shipped? Only want to know cause my CC ends in Nov 14 and some of the stuff I wanna pre-order is after that date, so I need to use PayPal. Thanks for the help.

I have no idea about Paypal, but you shouldn't worry about your CC... You can always use the "Change Payment Information" in your order info at any moment. So when you change your CC, you're safe :thumbs:
Worst case: when they try to process, it will give you an error and they'll give you 48 hrs to solve the issue with your CC (you phone them).

It's not like Zavvi when they cancel automatically... :naughty:

I have no idea about Paypal, but you shouldn't worry about your CC... You can always use the "Change Payment Information" in your order info at any moment. So when you change your CC, you're safe :thumbs:
Worst case: when they try to process, it will give you an error and they'll give you 48 hrs to solve the issue with your CC (you phone them).

It's not like Zavvi when they cancel automatically... :naughty:

The only problem, if it has the dec 31 2014 release date, it will not let me check out with it in my cart :(

Ouch!!!

Future Shop has decided to close its Boucherville (Qc) store. They are claiming that this store was not profitable. BUT (strange coincidence), two weeks ago on June 12th, the 40 employees of that store had started the procedure to syndicate. They were waiting an answer for Québec Work Relation commitee.

Here the article (only in French sorry):
http://affaires.lapresse.ca/economi...e-boucherville-en-voie-de-syndicalisation.php

They also closed their Liquidation center in St-Bruno.

Doesn't smell good... :naughty:

I just got off the phone with Futureshop customer service. My Captain America Winter Soldier steelbook was $29.99 at pre order,then it went down to $26.99 for three weeks,then back up to $29.99 . They refused to lower my pre order price. It's only $3.39 difference (inc taxes) but I think I am in the mood to escalate this...