Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 526
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
I was fortunate enough to have read the books a long time ago (I'm currently on A Dance of Dragons) and I watched episode 1 of the first season on Blu-ray this past weekend.

All I can say is "WOW!". It's so closely mirrors what happens in A Song of Ice and Fire. I am glad that George R.R. Martin is one of the Executive Producers on the show. This bodes well for future episodes and seasons.

I can see that at some point, Jon Snow and Daenerys will have to "meet". The Dragons vs. the White Walkers. And they need to get more Valyrian steel from somewhere.

One thing concerns me though, is what George Martin has said when people have asked him what the ending of the ultimate story will be. I'm paraphrasing here, but he essentially said that there will be nothing left, except dust, bones and broken castles, i.e. everyone dies. I'm sure he was kidding, as I've gotten quite attached to the Stark children, especially Jon. Hell, I even like Tyrion! I can't wait to see Cersei get more of a comeuppance. Some of that is explored in A Feast for Crows.

One of the main appeals of the books is that it so closely mirrors real life; there is no clear distinction between good and evil; there is so much grey areas. For the first few books, I hated Jaime Lannister. When you get around to the last 2 books (and I don't mean last as in the story is finished; not by a long shot!) you slowly start warming up to him.

I can easily see this series going at least 10 books. Easy.

New season begins March 31 2013

Game of Thrones was in Hall H this year, and it was well worth the wait. George R.R. Martin has created fan frenzy, and Comic-Con has accommodated his fans by putting him in the bigger venue.

The line to get into the hall was beyond long, and some people still couldn’t get in. Martin was the moderator and he introduced the cast, and all but one, were new to the panel.

Emilia Clarke, Michelle Fairly, Alfie Allen, Richard Madden, Rose Leslie, and executive producer Carolyn Strauss were in attendance, answering Martin’s question as well as fans of the show.

Some things learned from the panel is that the show will return March 31, 2013 and that Dianna Rigg will play the Queen of Thorns. More news is that Richard Dormer and Mackenzie will also be in season 3.

We also learn that Emilia Clarke uses life size dragon models unlike Richard Madden who uses a silver fuzzy ball attached to a long stick. Richard Madden stated that he loves working with Michelle Fairly that their scenes together were his favorite.

One fan asked the panel what their sigil would be and some of the interesting ideas ranged from a horse to an eagle. Emilia and Richard went with their fictional sigils of the wolf and dragon.

All in all it was a pretty interesting panel and maybe not as fun as last year, there was some valuable information to be had.

comic con 2012 panel

got-cast-580x358.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What can I say that hasn't been said about this show? I love it, I've read the books and whatched both seasons... Great show, for sure

I absolutely love this show! I can't wait for season 3 to start and hopefully it would be as good as the previous two seasons.

Ah, looking forward to season 2 blu-ray release as well.

Looking forward to season 3. Season 2 was a bit of a disappointment for me but that was down to having finally read all the books and being too aware of the plot changes. Now I'm prepared for them I'm hoping I'll enjoy it as much as i did S1. Some great new cast members by the looks of it. Rose Leslie looks hot in that comic con panel pic on a side note.

I believe the episodes for season 3 will be 5 minutes longer too. I love this. Episodes go by so fast and there is so much good stuff in season 3 that they had to extend it a little bit. Can't wait!!