Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 531
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
I have mixed feelings about the latest episode. I think it was probably my favourite episode so far. I didn’t rate the episode 3 battle as much as others. I could barely make out what was happening. This had some amazing cinematography, lots of action, maybe too much to be honest. It’s all just feeling too crammed. Too much is happening every episode so things that would normally be a big deal are just being glossed over.
I don’t like the whole Danerys transformation either, in these last 2 episodes she has become a totally different character. She used to fight for the innocent and the victims. It’s just doesn’t fit that she would burn all those innocent people when she had already won the battle. The bell had been rung, she could have just killed Cersei and that would be it. I think they are trying to make people dislike her so they can kill her off and Jon Snow will get the throne.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I have mixed feelings about the latest episode. I think it was probably my favourite episode so far. I didn’t rate the episode 3 battle as much as others. I could barely make out what was happening. This had some amazing cinematography, lots of action, maybe too much to be honest. It’s all just feeling too crammed. Too much is happening every episode so things that would normally be a big deal are just being glossed over.
I don’t like the whole Danerys transformation either, in these last 2 episodes she has become a totally different character. She used to fight for the innocent and the victims. It’s just doesn’t fit that she would burn all those innocent people when she had already won the battle. The bell had been rung, she could have just killed Cersei and that would be it. I think they are trying to make people dislike her so they can kill her off and Jon Snow will get the throne.
First two episodes were average but the last 3 had me gripped(and I gave up on the show way back in season two only just revisiting and binging a month ago)

I do agree that a lot Ian being glossed over, but the set pieces and battles are phenomenal, almost movie good IMO,

As for your spoilers bit, it’s been a long time coming and hinted it but I agree with what you say ‘should’ have been done

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill

she lost her friends and her children (dragons), she was betrayed by her closest advisors and rejected by the one she loves... as she said, she has no love in westeros, if she just won the battle, she wouldve been betrayed again and would have lost the throne and everything she fought for...or worse: get murdered (varys already tried).. imo in her mind it was the only thing she could have done to conquer the throne and stay! on it... she needed to spread fear to everyone including and in particular to jon and her (former) advisors, so that no one ever tried to betray her... i think shes perfectly aware of what she has done and she wont ever let those people near her, at least nowhere near as close as they were before...

i dont think she became a totally different character.. while she definitely wants to help the poor and helpless, her priority or rather obsesssion was always conqering the iron throne and ruling westeros.. she just never had to decide between ruling and helping people.. in mereen people were held as slaves and by conquering/defeating their tormentors , she was able to help those people... but also back then she was super ruthless to those who stood in her way.. think of the crucifiction, various burnings, etc... in kings landing tho, it doesnt make much of a difference to the common folk who is actually ruling them, there is no one to be freed in that sense... so how could she get the love of them? especially if someone else has a better claim to throne, is already loved by everyone and regarded as a better ruler...

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and vexred
What throne??? She just burned everything to ashes with that dragon ...including the throne. She didn't just burn the throne down either, she managed to burn everybody in the process and I don't mean literally, I mean she burned everybody's trust by her outrage. A little girl having a tantrum if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if she was executed for what she's done. Sansa was right not to trust her.

What throne??? She just burned everything to ashes with that dragon ...including the throne. She didn't just burn the throne down either, she managed to burn everybody in the process and I don't mean literally, I mean she burned everybody's trust by her outrage. A little girl having a tantrum if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if she was executed for what she's done. Sansa was right not to trust her.
throne as a symbol for ruling over westeros.. and yes, of course shes a monster for having done what shes done... but it wouldnt have happened if she wasnt betrayed by everyone she cared about... it was either burning everything to the ground and rule by fear or losing everything she has fought for (or get assassinated)... sansa put her into this position and is therefore also to blame for the outcome

sansa put her into this position and is therefore also to blame for the outcome
Sansa to blame, I think not. She only pointed out what others failed to see. If Daenerys had stayed the course like she had first planned and outed Cersei and NOT kill allllll those innocent folks people would have followed her, now she's burned her bridges.

Reactions: yeslek

Sansa is becoming the new littlefinger since she was schooled by him, so she's always thinking 2-3 steps ahead.. But Dany was trustworthy before the late events, it's her feeling of betrayal by the ones that she loved and trusts that made her do those regrettable acts.. It's Sansa who became suspicious of everyone and knew exactly what she was doing when she told Tyrion about Jon.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror
Sansa to blame, I think not. She only pointed out what others failed to see. If Daenerys had stayed the course like she had first planned and outed Cersei and NOT kill allllll those innocent folks people would have followed her, now she's burned her bridges.
i dont think she saw anything in her... she was just jealous of her, like she was jealous of jon... and imo it was made pretty clear that people would continue to conspire against her no matter what... and even more if word gets out that jons the true heir to the throne

i dont think she saw anything in her... she was just jealous of her, like she was jealous of jon... and imo it was made pretty clear that people would continue to conspire against her no matter what... and even more if word gets out that jons the true heir to the throne
Maybe, IDK... like I said I'll have to give it another watch to see what all I missed.

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror
Sansa is becoming the new littlefinger since she was schooled by him, so she's always thinking 2-3 steps ahead.. But Dany was trustworthy before the late events, it's her feeling of betrayal by the ones that she loved and trusts that made her do those regrettable acts.. It's Sansa who becam suspicious of everyone and knew exactly what she was doing when she told Tyrion about Jon.
i agree with everything.. thinking he was able to outsmart everyone, led to his throat being slit tho...and rightfully so as he wasnt exactly benevolent with everything he schemed...

This thread is golden right now! So many great comments, predictions, and -- thanks to @Noodles -- memes (seriously, that last one about the parents naming their children is hilarious).

I've been reading, but staying quiet. I'm really absorbing this season. I've been watching since the first episode of Season 1, so I'm trying to look at all angles before making final judgments. I've loved Dany since the beginning, so her current actions have been upsetting, but in no way have they been surprising. And honestly, I don't really blame her.

Her constant protector died in her arms. Two of her children were murdered. Her best friend was decapitated in front of her. She risked everything for strangers and received nothing but hated in return. She's been betrayed countless times by so-called advisers and rejected by her lover. I'd likely go mad, too.

I was talking to one of my buddies after 'The Bells' when everything was still fresh and I was hating on more things than loving things.

I'm still irked that Rhaegal perished from the Iron Fleet in a matter of seconds, but Drogon and Dany were able to take them all out in seconds. Seemed a little ridiculous. I know the showrunners are running off of GRRM's notes, but it just seemed weird. Maybe because they're jamming too much into only 6 episodes? Seriously, everything seems too rushed. Jaime dying in the rubble with Cersei annoyed me. He deserved a death more noble and she deserved one more horrible. I loved The Hound vs. The Mountain, but I wanted more. Again, it felt too rushed and being crammed in-between everything else, it was tough to fully appreciate it.

My predictions for that sure-to-be-rushed finale (not really listed in order):

- Tyrion taken prisoner -- is recused by Bronn
- Dany wants to punish Sansa, but Jon won't have it. Jon defeats Grey Worm in combat. Dany tries to burn Jon with Drogon, but Drogon refuses. Dany breaks down. Jon embraces her, but stabs her. She dies in his arms (I'm thinking very much Logan/Jean Grey from The Last Stand with the way this is shot).
- Jon heads North of the wall and is reunited with Ghost
- Sansa stays Lady of Winterfell with Tyrion residing with her (a Lannister would never be wanted near the throne again)
- Brienne will either stay with Sansa or Sansa will free her from the promise she made to Catelyn (if freed, she may join Jon and head North)
- Bronn is gifted Casterly Rock by Tyrion
- Arya, realizing that life is precious after last episode, joins Gendry... or she lives in the wild next to Nymeria
- Bran ends up on the throne with Samwell returning to be his adviser

I think that's about it. I feel pretty positive that's the way it'll go. I know that HBO will want to end it on a somewhat good note for fans if they want the spin-offs to succeed. Either way, I can't wait for the finale and I'm definitely rewatching the entire series as soon as it's over!