Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 528
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
@tridon Of course they're jamming storylines and rushing things mate :) They have 6 episode to fill in at least 2 normal seasons :rofl::hilarious::hilarious: Even GRRM said so..

First of all, yes this tread is a golden shower for ASOIAF or GOT for tv fans

Second, I don't know about you but i am a first a reader fan who read the 5 books 4 times since they release and impatiently waiting for the next installement as millions of people out there:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::(:( So regarding the storyline that the show has been taken since season 3 and forward i believe, the showrunners have been based their story on the books and the big lines that GRRM throws them about the ending...etc. And to be honest, i think they did a pretty good job in general, by hiring great directors such as Miguel Sapotnik and David Nutter to name a few and mostly because the limited budget i believe ( Is that why the last season has only 6 episodes ??)

Yes i would have loved an extended battle scene between Sandor and his zombie brother ! That scene in the stairways and the back scene with the dragon and the city burning was EPIC !!!!! And that dear ser Gregor who since from his zombification, has been a perfect pitbull to Cersei and Qyburn, but as soon as he saw his brother, didn't hesitate a second to make it personnal and regain a conscious -_- poor Qyburn.. he never saw it coming :)
I completly agree with you with Jaime and Cersei's demise, both deserve better and worse... And that's link us to Arya.. I mean the girl, after ALL that happened to her, the sacrifices, the deaths...etc and when it came to do a few more steps to kill Cersei, decides to back off because of the hound and something about death ?? SHE was trained to bring death and do not fear it.. I think they could've make her kill cersei in front of Jaime's eyes (and then, a quick flash back to the face of Sansa) and let her flee the castle to her way out to the city..
That episode was beautifuly shot and directed IMO and i still don't understand the hate.. and that is coming from someone who read and loved the books.

As for your predictions, i don't see the last 5 or 6 happening at all..but who can tell ?

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
This thread is golden right now! So many great comments, predictions, and -- thanks to @Noodles -- memes (seriously, that last one about the parents naming their children is hilarious).

I've been reading, but staying quiet. I'm really absorbing this season. I've been watching since the first episode of Season 1, so I'm trying to look at all angles before making final judgments. I've loved Dany since the beginning, so her current actions have been upsetting, but in no way have they been surprising. And honestly, I don't really blame her.

Her constant protector died in her arms. Two of her children were murdered. Her best friend was decapitated in front of her. She risked everything for strangers and received nothing but hated in return. She's been betrayed countless times by so-called advisers and rejected by her lover. I'd likely go mad, too.

I was talking to one of my buddies after 'The Bells' when everything was still fresh and I was hating on more things than loving things.

I'm still irked that Rhaegal perished from the Iron Fleet in a matter of seconds, but Drogon and Dany were able to take them all out in seconds. Seemed a little ridiculous. I know the showrunners are running off of GRRM's notes, but it just seemed weird. Maybe because they're jamming too much into only 6 episodes? Seriously, everything seems too rushed. Jaime dying in the rubble with Cersei annoyed me. He deserved a death more noble and she deserved one more horrible. I loved The Hound vs. The Mountain, but I wanted more. Again, it felt too rushed and being crammed in-between everything else, it was tough to fully appreciate it.

My predictions for that sure-to-be-rushed finale (not really listed in order):

- Tyrion taken prisoner -- is recused by Bronn
- Dany wants to punish Sansa, but Jon won't have it. Jon defeats Grey Worm in combat. Dany tries to burn Jon with Drogon, but Drogon refuses. Dany breaks down. Jon embraces her, but stabs her. She dies in his arms (I'm thinking very much Logan/Jean Grey from The Last Stand with the way this is shot).
- Jon heads North of the wall and is reunited with Ghost
- Sansa stays Lady of Winterfell with Tyrion residing with her (a Lannister would never be wanted near the throne again)
- Brienne will either stay with Sansa or Sansa will free her from the promise she made to Catelyn (if freed, she may join Jon and head North)
- Bronn is gifted Casterly Rock by Tyrion
- Arya, realizing that life is precious after last episode, joins Gendry... or she lives in the wild next to Nymeria
- Bran ends up on the throne with Samwell returning to be his adviser

I think that's about it. I feel pretty positive that's the way it'll go. I know that HBO will want to end it on a somewhat good note for fans if they want the spin-offs to succeed. Either way, I can't wait for the finale and I'm definitely rewatching the entire series as soon as it's over!
Good shout with Bran... I hadn't considered him!

I'm hating what I perceive to be inconsistencies and bad pacing in this season that my mind keeps on identifying straight after I have watched an episode. It's like my enjoyment stops as soon as the credits hit and my mind is all "BUT THATS NOT RIGHT" "HOW DOES THAT WORK?" "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

Rhaegal's death for example: Three shots from the Scorpions and ALL THREE HIT!? Given the distance they were from the Iron Fleet even BEFORE Dany starts her charge towards them on Drogon, I don't believe you hit ANY dragon on your first shot! The distance is too great, meaning there should have been ample time for Dany and either Dragon to notice a great big F off bolt coming at them, not to mention that bolt would be subject to arcing due to gravity..... at least ONE sighting shot would definitely be needed for that range. Plus the air is a dragon's natural space, they could easily have dodged a large majority of Scorpions and then flank the Iron fleet. And then from that in the previous episode we move to The Bell episode....

So after Rhaegal is picked off by absolute MLG Pro snipers we are treated to Drogon going absolute ham on every single Scorpion in and around King's Landing! All of a sudden the people manning the Scorpions have been replaced by Stormtroopers who couldn't hit a barn door if it was in their face. Oh my god it pisses me off so much.

Combine that with the rapid deaths of various Big Bads. The Night King..... my god! We have been building that up for so many seasons and then in one battle episode he is dispatched. Though it was pretty damn awesome how Arya did it. Cersei Lannister...... this is the most ruthless woman in the seven kingdoms and just like that in another battle episode she dies..... FROM A CAVE IN!? I thought she was going to be like the alabama tick that Jesse Ventura mentions in Predator...... dug into King's Landing until the very end and that her death would be something alot more spectacular. Now, we don't ACTUALLY see her dead body so there is a chance she has survived, but if we have seen the end of Cersei Lannister, this was not the way it should have been done. Didn't like that Arya didn't follow through with going to find Cersei as she was on her list and it would have been alot better to see her tick that name off after what Joffrey had done to Ned.

I echo sentiments that they should have given themselves more time to finish off this series, but it is what it is. I'm enjoying the episodes as I watch them but I'm annoyed that they have put themselves in this position where I need to wrap things up quicker than it feels like it should be done.

Someone's actually started a petition to remake Season 8. :LOL:

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

"David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on," a fan named Dylan D. wrote in his petition on change.org, which currently has just over 58,000 signatures. "This series deserves a final season that makes sense." The ludicrous request established by poster Dylan D. then added, "Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!"

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
The poison thing I completely missed, and ya, while the petition will show how annoyed fans are, it won’t change anything.

Someone's actually started a petition to remake Season 8. :LOL:

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

"David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on," a fan named Dylan D. wrote in his petition on change.org, which currently has just over 58,000 signatures. "This series deserves a final season that makes sense." The ludicrous request established by poster Dylan D. then added, "Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!"

This is possibly the stupidest thing ever. lol
Internet fanboys make me so frustrated sometimes. Maybe at least wait until the series is actually over???

giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles