Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 521
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
Was he yelling that? That must've totally passed me by... I didn't think he was even aware of what Arya was up to and had instead just accepted his end, but then obviously got lucky lol.

I’ve rewatched it twice. You can see Jon take notice of something other than the dragon and then he clear-as-day says “go” when you pay attention. I originally thought he was just yelling, but then it was hard to make out the words with music and Viserion roaring.

Was he yelling that? That must've totally passed me by... I didn't think he was even aware of what Arya was up to and had instead just accepted his end, but then obviously got lucky lol.
From express.co.uk
"some Game of Thrones fans still think Jon Snow played a major part in the Night King’s death as they think he shouted “GO!” while staring at ice dragon Viserion.
In the final moments of The Last Night, Jon stood up in front of Viserion and began yelling.
What exactly he says is inaudible, although many think he screamed “GO!” and, subsequently, ordered Arya to kill the Night King while he distracted Viserion.
While this seems plausible, the closed captioning from Game of Thrones on NOW TV simply says: (YELLS)
No exact words are written out, suggesting Harington’s character was merely screaming in exhaustion, anger, and fury at the dragon."

Reactions: Noodles
I’ve rewatched it twice. You can see Jon take notice of something other than the dragon and then he clear-as-day says “go” when you pay attention. I originally thought he was just yelling, but then it was hard to make out the words with music and Viserion roaring.
Interesting! I'll have to rewatch it.

From express.co.uk
"some Game of Thrones fans still think Jon Snow played a major part in the Night King’s death as they think he shouted “GO!” while staring at ice dragon Viserion.
In the final moments of The Last Night, Jon stood up in front of Viserion and began yelling.
What exactly he says is inaudible, although many think he screamed “GO!” and, subsequently, ordered Arya to kill the Night King while he distracted Viserion.
While this seems plausible, the closed captioning from Game of Thrones on NOW TV simply says: (YELLS)
No exact words are written out, suggesting Harington’s character was merely screaming in exhaustion, anger, and fury at the dragon."

Ah, was just about to go look this up lol. Thanks for posting it! :thumbs:

After rewatching it, I still believe he's oblivious to what Arya's up to, so isn't yelling anything at her... I doubt she'd even be able to hear him from where she is anyway lol.

That last part is exactly what I gathered was happening... "Harington’s character was merely screaming in exhaustion, anger, and fury at the dragon."

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
the problem is the rushing and the gaps ...you will know what we mean soon.
I have watched all now, but to be honest, I don’t understand the rushing and gaps mentioned. For each character the time is taken to either end or continuing it. It all fits. Even the last minute there’s symmetry with the very first episode (the northern wood).
I still stick with my opinion I find this the best season. Man, there were so many great shots. And the music and the cinematography! :thumbs:

Ah, was just about to go look this up lol. Thanks for posting it! :thumbs:

After rewatching it, I still believe he's oblivious to what Arya's up to, so isn't yelling anything at her... I doubt she'd even be able to hear him from where she is anyway lol.

That last part is exactly what I gathered was happening... "Harington’s character was merely screaming in exhaustion, anger, and fury at the dragon."
If Jon saw Arya (only Arya can see in the dark) and told her to "Go" and distracting the ice dragon by sacrificing himself again (one more reason he should be the King) so Arya could kill the Night King?
Does he even know Arya has the skill and ability to kill the Night King?
Even if John knew Arya was trained by Faceless Men. He's sending his beloved little sister to fight a wall of whites and white walkers, then the Night King.
And yet Jon is still so protective of Arya when she sneak up behind him again when the unsullied took Tyrion with Dany in episode 6.
Shes' supposed to have a sneaky Mach 1 super power ability and yet she can't out run, jump and escape a crowd in episode 5?

D&D: "So many plot holes and storylines, no more time. Need to write Star Wars: R2-D2 The Ultimate Jedi."

I'll be watching The Last Watch. I'm interested on what D&D have to say about the finale.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Noodles
If Jon saw Arya (only Arya can see in the dark) and told her to "Go" and distracting the ice dragon by sacrificing himself again (one more reason he should be the King) so Arya could kill the Night King?
Even if John knew Arya was trained by Faceless Men. He's sending his beloved little sister to fight a wall of whites and white walkers, then the Night King.
And yet Jon is still so protective of Arya when she sneak up behind him again when the unsullied took Tyrion with Dany in episode 6.
Shes' supposed to have a sneaky Mach 1 super power ability and yet she can't out run, jump and escape a crowd in episode 5?

D&D: "So many plot holes and storylines, no more time. Need to write Star Wars: R2-D2 The Ultimate Jedi."

I'll be watching The Last Watch. I'm interested on what D&D have to say about the finale.
Exactly. It poses too many odd questions and doesn't really add up... not that most of the final season did anyway lol.

I'm sticking by my assumption that he'd just accepted his fate and decided to go out by basically welcoming death (encouraging the ice dragon), rather than by cowering behind a wall.

• Thanks

Arya is now a lethal assassin, she can sneak past anyone and kill three people and that person wouldn't have even know she was there. She went from a meek little girl to a cold blooded assassin by the end of season 7. This is why Arya became my favorite character by season 3. There's more than meets the eye with Arya. If you want to see the breakdown of Arya look at this video.

• Thanks
Arya is now a lethal assassin, she can sneak past anyone and kill three people and that person wouldn't have even know she was there. She went from a meek little girl to a cold blooded assassin by the end of season 7. This is why Arya became my favorite character by season 3. There's more than meets the eye with Arya. If you want to see the breakdown of Arya look at this video.

Once you give one of your heroine a super power ability, she can do anything. I don't have a problem Arya killing the Night King. But making Jon a mere bystander.
It would better and more satisfying if Jon and the Night King has a duel and clearly Jon has no match against the Night King and when Jon is about to die, Arya comes flying in and saves Jon's life by stabbing the Night King at the back of his neck. Reminiscent of season 6 episode 3 when Howland Reed saved Ned from Ser Arthur Dayne. Or you can do the same exact scene where the Night King caught Arya mid-air and does that trick that she did to Brienne. That was a cool scene.

Once you give one of your heroine a super power ability, she can do anything. I don't have a problem Arya killing the Night King. But making Jon a mere bystander.
It would better and more satisfying if Jon and the Night King has a duel and clearly Jon has no match against the Night King and when Jon is about to die, Arya comes flying in and saves Jon's life by stabbing the Night King at the back of his neck. Reminiscent of season 6 episode 3 when Howland Reed saved Ned from Ser Arthur Dayne. Or you can do the same exact scene where the Night King caught Arya mid-air and does that trick that she did to Brienne. That was a cool scene.
Well no super power to speak of but she is a very lethal killer, and she does it very well. Hell, she could even kill you in complete darkness if she needed to. Not even the Night King could survive her.

• Thanks
Well no super power to speak of but she is a very lethal killer, and she does it very well. Hell, she could even kill you in complete darkness if she needed to. Not even the Night King could survive her.
I guess Arya is pretty unstoppable. Just don't let her be in a crowd of people that's her weakness.
George R. R. Martin can kill her easily. Not even using a valyrian pen.

• Haha
Reactions: Lone Crusader
I have watched all now, but to be honest, I don’t understand the rushing and gaps mentioned. For each character the time is taken to either end or continuing it. It all fits. Even the last minute there’s symmetry with the very first episode (the northern wood).
I still stick with my opinion I find this the best season. Man, there were so many great shots. And the music and the cinematography! :thumbs:
the directing and the visuals were top notch, we all agree here, but the rest ..argh.
but it's all a matter of taste.

• Thanks
Reactions: rschiks