Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: December 14, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £249.99

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 20.42.46.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to place order last night but it needed my 3 digit number back of my card but could not be bothered to get it.
I tried so hard to find working codes to get bit of discount but nothing worked. Today its sold out lol.
Sort of glad it is sold out as very pricey and already have the wooden set, but obviously not 4k which im more than happy with.
Maybe this will be available worldwide but maybe not in australia. And im sure there be other sets of this to come.
I would most likely have canceled as zavvi sucks with packing anyway.
They dont even use good sturdy boxes just paper thin boxes and dont have a clue how well to pack stuff like this.
I had the batman tin set i assume this is the same tin set sent from them last year in a paper thin box actually it was wrapped around it tight to look like a box and nothing else.
It was badly dented all over and was lying at an angle. I took it further than customer service as got the bs send back for refund etc.
I had them pay from there end a courier to pick up from me and i sent it back better wrapped and packed than how i got it which i should not have.
They had me down as a refund i said when it arrives i wanted a replacement and they sent the other. You would think after the carry on with first one they do better next time.
Box second one was sent in was not wrapped like first but slightly bigger but paper thin, had one bubble layer around it which did nothing and one air bag on one place which did nothing.
I asked for a replacement again i can't help if they cant pack well but where not having it. But i was told i could keep it and not return.
The box was not as bad as first but bad enough keep for money spent on it.
If i wanted just the steels i would have just got the steels, but the reason to get the tin set was obviously for the complete package.
In the end i have a banged up tin box with steels inside all still sealed and im sure steels are still ok.

As a collector i wanted an undamaged set but zavvi could not do that twice.
The only thing i trust them with these days is steelbooks anything limited is a risk.

Even the frozen collectors set arrived this week in a box which im surprised but thin as box, the edition lying at bottom of box and are air pocked at top, least they are trying lol no damage but they need to train there staff on packing.

If i was in the uk would not be an issue sending stuff back for replacements and less transit times and less risk of damages but it's much harder overseas. The thing is they pack stuff the same be in going to uk address or overseas address im not saying to give priority to overseas but they are in transit much longer.
I know from the batman set that some of you got yours mint shape and others not within uk, and some got it ok overseas and some not.
But thats the luck of the draw, but for me i had it twice and that was a nightmare to deal with.
As much as it might be cool to have this set would not be surprised if same happened again.
You guys in uk should be ok easy to deal with and sort out but anyone ordering from overseas maybe not as much.
Im even wondering if this will be widely available as normally its just best buy and zavvi with this editions and france.
Be nice in jb hifi has them but cant see it, but zavvi are sure out of the my radar on this one.

Hmm been thinking about this one, but not a fan of the GOT on the front of each steelbook. I dunno, the other game of thrones steelbooks with the magnets on the front just look much better as a set and the magnets do make them stand out more
I would not mind a set in 4k with magnets, i somehow missed out on them and magnet set currently and as i had missed many was no point in starting, dont know why i never got them from day one as i buy plenty of steels as is.
Maybe the steels with. magnets came out when i took time out from buying steels.
But i probably prefer a set with magnets than this one thats been listed the steels dont look that great.
Are guys buying it for 4k part and nice box, steels are not the best, as much as im a collector and love these sorts of editions zavvi is a big let down so highly advise to grab elsewhere.
So cancel your orders with zavvi so i can place my order lol and then go through some painful times dealing with them.

Was going to place order last night but it needed my 3 digit number back of my card but could not be bothered to get it.
I tried so hard to find working codes to get bit of discount but nothing worked. Today its sold out lol.
Sort of glad it is sold out as very pricey and already have the wooden set, but obviously not 4k which im more than happy with.
Maybe this will be available worldwide but maybe not in australia. And im sure there be other sets of this to come.
They dont even use good sturdy boxes just paper thin boxes and dont have a clue how well to pack stuff like this.
I had the batman tin set i assume this is the same tin set sent from them last year in a paper thin box actually it was wrapped around it tight to look like a box and nothing else.
It was badly dented all over and was lying at an angle. I took it further than customer service as got the bs send back for refund etc.
I had them pay from there end a courier to pick up from me and i sent it back better wrapped and packed than how i got it which i should not have.
They had me down as a refund i said when it arrives i wanted a replacement and they sent the other. You would think after the carry on with first one they do better next time.
Box second one was sent in was not wrapped like first but slightly bigger but paper thin, had one bubble layer around it which did nothing and one air bag on one place which did nothing.
I asked for a replacement again i can't help if they cant pack well but where not having it. But i was told i could keep it and not return.
If i wanted just the steels i would have just got the steels, but the reason to get the tin set was obviously for the complete package.
In the end i have a banged up tin box with steels inside all still sealed and im sure steels are still ok.

The only thing i trust them with these days is steelbooks anything limited is a risk.

Even the frozen collectors set arrived this week in a box which im surprised but thin as box, the edition lying at bottom of box and are air pocked at top, least they are trying lol no damage but they need to train there staff on packing.

If i was in the uk would not be an issue sending stuff back for replacements and less transit times and less risk of damages but it's much harder overseas. The thing is they pack stuff the same be in going to uk address or overseas address im not saying to give priority to overseas but they are in transit much longer.
I know from the batman set that some of you got yours mint shape and others not within uk, and some got it ok overseas and some not.
But thats the luck of the draw, but for me i had it twice and that was a nightmare to deal with.
As much as it might be cool to have this set would not be surprised if same happened again.
You guys in uk should be ok easy to deal with and sort out but anyone ordering from overseas maybe not as much.
Im even wondering if this will be widely available as normally its just best buy and zavvi with this editions and france.
Be nice in jb hifi has them but cant see it, but zavvi are sure out of the my radar on this one.

When Zavvi said you could keep the second set, did they give you a refund?

When Zavvi said you could keep the second set, did they give you a refund?
Yes sorry should have said they refunded me and just told me to keep, if the idiots could pack right would never been issues.
There be no way i just accept either as is and they obviously had enough. If you do get a hard time with customer services then it can be taken further and someone more superior which i did and you get somewhere.
Yes they could have paid to have the second one returned in advance but after first time maybe they thought it was not worth it.
Amazon would just replace and tell you to keep where as zavvi they just wanted the first one back regardless but not at my cost i made sure of that.
Yes its not ideal having it damaged but was free in the end but they need to learn but they never do just pack better simple.

Reactions: Stygian
Yes sorry should have said they refunded me and just told me to keep, if the idiots could pack right would never been issues.
There be no way i just accept either as is and they obviously had enough. If you do get a hard time with customer services then it can be taken further and someone more superior which i did and you get somewhere.
Yes they could have paid to have the second one returned in advance but after first time maybe they thought it was not worth it.
Amazon would just replace and tell you to keep where as zavvi they just wanted the first one back regardless but not at my cost i made sure of that.
Yes its not ideal having it damaged but was free in the end but they need to learn but they never do just pack better simple.

I originally thought that's what you meant but then I wasn't sure. I later thought that maybe they told you to keep it but without a refund. That would have been shocking.

I originally thought that's what you meant but then I wasn't sure. I later thought that maybe they told you to keep it but without a refund. That would have been shocking.
If the damage was minor i would have been ok but first was really bad and second not as bad but bad enough to keep, by this time i was ready for a third round but by then maybe they had enough.
I was ready to send second back but i said they need to arrange pick up from here and they pay.
It was then they said you can have it for free for the hassles. I thought to myself as much as i wanted one that was ok after two goes and getting same results was not worth the risk, end of day i ended up with the 4 steels free but case is worthless which was the main reason for buying in first place.
Im postive a long time ago zavvi was ok for packing and made an effort but not so much these days.
I did have a good moan at them for packing and guy said they are looking into it and will sort it out. I have seen a small improvement these past 6 months or so with some or certain things being better packed but its hit or miss.
And god knows where the find these thin boxes they would probably damage a roll of loo paper if packed inside as so shocking.
Its nice to see people get stuff with no issues and when i seen this arrive with others on here with no damage i was great mine should be ok too.
But due to the longer transit times its you get lucky or you dont.
I think that was my worst experience with them and it was not a cheap item as pre ordered. It did drop in price afterwards.

Reactions: Stygian

Why don't you just get the Amazon's France one, as I did?
I recall me doing the same with Batman set too, but got it from Italy, and amazingly, despite not being so well packed, arrived in good shape.

For this one now, I firstly ordered it with normal shipping, but then, I thought, for that money, another 10 Euro plus for the security and speed of courier was worth it, and changed the order to fast delivery, and now the price is 264,72 Euro, INCLUDING shipping, which is MUCH cheaper than the UK ones, just taking the EUR<=>GBP parity alone. And yes, I can live with that giant J-Card in French, since the rest is all identicall (I saw this it on the Batman set).
1594454263483.png

So, have at it... ;)
I saw you said too know that Amazon's Customer Service si WAY BETTER than Zavvi's, so...
Also, until November there's plenty of time to change your mind, if necessary, right?

Reactions: Mararagan
Why don't you just get the Amazon's France one, as I did?
I recall me doing the same with Batman set too, but got it from Italy, and amazingly, despite not being so well packed, arrived in good shape.

For this one now, I firstly ordered it with normal shipping, but then, I thought, for that money, another 10 Euro plus for the security and speed of courier was worth it, and changed the order to fast delivery, and now the price is 264,72 Euro, INCLUDING shipping, which is MUCH cheaper than the UK ones, just taking the EUR<=>GBP parity alone. And yes, I can live with that giant J-Card in French, since the rest is all identicall (I saw this it on the Batman set).
View attachment 477780
So, have at it... ;)
I saw you said too know that Amazon's Customer Service si WAY BETTER than Zavvi's, so...
Also, until November there's plenty of time to change your mind, if necessary, right?

If only it was that simple i used to be able to order from all amazon sites but not anymore well since 2 yrs now amazon. They don't send here australia anymore due to gst. And now new zealand are the same. We have a amazon site but its crap.
Usa started offering again about a yr ago but with covid thats stopped that and we can use our prime from au amazon to but some items are restricted or need to be in stock to order.
Like the django i was very interested in this from arrow due to covid was not sending here as was not in stock to buy through prime au.
And no stock ever made it to order, twice i missed out on this which is a bugger.
But maybe one day it be available again there is plenty of other stuff to get or i need to pay for.

• Wow
Reactions: Jaxxx
If only it was that simple i used to be able to order from all amazon sites but not anymore well since 2 yrs now amazon. They don't send here australia anymore due to gst. And now new zealand are the same. We have a amazon site but its crap.
Usa started offering again about a yr ago but with covid thats stopped that and we can use our prime from au amazon to but some items are restricted or need to be in stock to order.
Like the django i was very interested in this from arrow due to covid was not sending here as was not in stock to buy through prime au.
And no stock ever made it to order, twice i missed out on this which is a bugger.
But maybe one day it be available again there is plenty of other stuff to get or i need to pay for.
Have you at least try it today?
I think there's a chance, even slim, that you could be surprised, right?
And in the end, is not worth the time spent for a try?
Also there is the WB shop I shared earlier too...
Or if you want, can ask a fellow ninja here to help you getting it (in certain circumstances, I might be willing to help, at cost).

Looks really nice, especially if the steels receive the right finish. Way out of my price range though and too bulky, so I'll stick to my plan of buying the previous set once it hopefully gets a price drop.

@Mickle_89 do you want to take this one? :naughty::LOL::rofl:
:LOL: Errr I think I'll pass, but thanks for thinking of me :joy::angel:
you have to view the page on a desktop or choose desktopmode in your browser on your phone. you cant manually cancel each one, you have to email warner and ask them to cancel. @Mickle_89 loves warner store :p
I want to say their incompetence last time round was due to Covid and severe lack of staff, but they were absolutely uselss to deal with I have to say, even with plenty of notice given. A HUGE pain in the a$$ just to cancel 1 frickin' order :mad: So proceed with caution @Steelselecta, though hopefully now things might be different and getting back to normal etc. If you signed up as an account holder you'll see your orders via desktop as jez already said, if checked out as a guest, you only have your confirmation email to go by. WB shop overall aren't bad at all and one definite positive is their packaging, they're just hard work if you ever need or want to cancel :rolleyes: Requires a bit of..... :chill pill:

Looks like it’s sold out in WB shop now as on the desktop it’s nowhere to be found. Go on through a mobile, try to pre order and it won’t be in your basket

Looks like it’s sold out in WB shop now as on the desktop it’s nowhere to be found. Go on through a mobile, try to pre order and it won’t be in your basket
Desktop web browsers link still works but it's the same won't add to cart when you click pre order now been like this since yesterday

Reactions: Steelselecta