Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: December 14, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £249.99

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 20.42.46.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupendously entertaining.

But stopped buying physical media of TV series long ago.
Waste of money. Never ever watched any of many box sets that I owned. Sold them all. Just not practical. You can spend 2 hours watching your favourite movie again but how often do you get the urge to watch a whole season of something you have already seen.

Even though I've not really gone for TV shows in steelbooks - not that any of these even have steelbooks - I've bought and revisited Amaray editions of THE TWILIGHT ZONE (1959-1964) and STAR TREK the original series 1966-1969 and "Next Generation" (1987-1994) plus THE PERSUADERS (1971-1972), DEPARTMENT S (1969-1970), RANDALL AND HOPKIRK (DECEASED) (1969-1970), HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR (1980), CIVILISATION (1969), THE WORLD AT WAR (1973-1974), THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN (1991-1992), THE PRISONER (1967-1968), QUATERMASS AND THE PIT (1979) not to mention MONTY PYTHON, FAWLTY TOWERS etc., etc.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Stupendously entertaining.

But stopped buying physical media of TV series long ago.
Waste of money. Never ever watched any of many box sets that I owned. Sold them all. Just not practical. You can spend 2 hours watching your favourite movie again but how often do you get the urge to watch a whole season of something you have already seen.

I hear you and I'm always reluctant to buy physical media of TV shows. That being said, it's not so much about rewatchability for me, but more about appreciation for a show that you just want to own. I have the French Breaking Bad Steelbook box set and no real intention to ever watch it again. I have the GoT magnet box sets still sealed, but am now condidering selling those to buy the 4K box set and a bunch of others (Chernobyl, Better Call Saul, Luther,....) and plenty of other Bluray box sets of my favourite shows (The Wire, Sopranos, Curb your Enthusiasm, Twin Peaks, Seinfeld, Millennium, Mad Men, The Office UK, Extras,....), but just to "have" them and not to watch them over and over again. Stupid, but I just feel better being able to watch Sopranos again whenever I feel like it instead of checking where it is or isn't streaming that day and also sometimes the special features are great (Sopranos, The Office UK,...)

Just a heads-up regarding the sets from Best Buy in the U.S. which have already been released.
I don't know if the sets in the UK and other countries will have the same problems but hopefully not.

I've read a few posts on another site mentioning that some people are missing discs in one of their seasons from the Best Buy U.S. set. Sometimes one disc, sometimes all the discs in season 7 (empty steelbook). Not always the same season is missing a disc.

It varies.

"Opened my set today. Season 7 box was totally empty. No discs whatsoever... "

"Someone on BBs website had the exact same issue only they are missing season 2."

"Yes - Definitely check the discs on all of your seasons with this set. I just exchanged mine for the regular set at Best Buy, as Season One was missing discs 2 and 4, and there were duplicate copies of disc 3."

"My top was also slightly dented. Everyone make sure you check your discs, because I was missing discs 3 and 4 from season 1. Luckily I already had the original 4k release, so I swapped in the discs, but still..."

Just received mine from WB Shop UK. Packaging is up to the usual "standard", so good luck people. All discs present and correct. The outer case is a little flimsy compared to the Tolkien ones (due to the size). The embossing is very nice, it is shame that the Tolkien ones didn't get similar treatment. I'm definitely going to change the stacker used for Season 8.

GoTBox.jpg SteelbooksFromSanta.jpg