Game of Thrones - The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £299.99

71YOA-GeBjL._SX385_.jpg

12143366-2814684911240381.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Marco86
Given I already own Seasons 1-7 this will have to be something amazing otherwise I'll be waiting for the eventual Seasons 1-8 in 4K set

Given I already own Seasons 1-7 this will have to be something amazing otherwise I'll be waiting for the eventual Seasons 1-8 in 4K set
Yep... depending on what's included (it'll have to be something truly special), that price will have to come down by at least £100 before I even consider picking this up.

I'll probably pick this up, such is my obsession. I can see that not being the final price though, unless it comes with an actual dragon or something seriously special.
The Breaking Bad barrel wasn't even that price (I know there's more seasons here, but still.)

after THAT final season I dont know, if I want this tv show in my collection. maybe I'll buy the cheap variant or the re-re-re-release for few bucks.

Just an FYI for anyone who was planning on preordering this, just to reserve a copy and then decide when it finally gets revealed, Amazon UK recently changed their preorder terms and conditions and they now take payment in full upon preorder, rather than at the point of dispatch as they used to do

Just an FYI for anyone who was planning on preordering this, just to reserve a copy and then decide when it finally gets revealed, Amazon UK recently changed their preorder terms and conditions and they now take payment in full upon preorder, rather than at the point of dispatch as they used to do
Yeah had noticed this on a couple of my recent orders and didn't realize till id checked my statement :whistle:

Jesus, that's crazy! So I'm guessing they just refund you any savings upon dispatch?

Jesus, that's crazy! So I'm guessing they just refund you any savings upon dispatch?

Yup, that’s exactly how they do it.

I’m not really a fan of this way of doing things, but then again maybe their previous preorder policy was generous.

It’s worth noting that this doesn’t seem to be the case with Amazon US as I have a preorder for the same set there, but didn’t get charged.

Yeah had noticed this on a couple of my recent orders and didn't realize till id checked my statement :whistle:

I’m a bit miffed this wasn’t clarified or stated when placing the order. I doubt I’m the only one who has preordered before, so I’m sure this will surprise many.

Don’t know about anyone else but I don’t have £300 laying about to pay for this now. Especially without knowing what it’s going to be. It almost feels a bit like crowdfunding, and maybe the final set will be based on the amount of interest from preorders.

Yup, that’s exactly how they do it.

I’m not really a fan of this way of doing things, but then again maybe their previous preorder policy was generous.

It’s worth noting that this doesn’t seem to be the case with Amazon US as I have a preorder for the same set there, but didn’t get charged.
I hate it... I'm very rarely able to pay for pre-orders straight away, so having them charge on dispatch gave me plenty of time to prepare/save.

All other retailers I regularly buy from (Zavvi, Zoom, HMV) don't charge until an order is shipped, so I don't see why Amazon have to change things all of a sudden. Hopefully the others won't follow! :ohno:

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
I can’t believe they are doing that. I will be doing a lot less pre-orders from now on. I used to always put a pre-order in and not worry about it but I’m not paying up front for something that won’t be out for months. That’s a stupid policy.

This could be a nice set but that price is very high depending on what it comes with.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Is it for all Amazon or only UK?

I have the same set on preorder with Amazon US, and I didn’t get charged, so I’m thinking it may just be an Amazon UK thing

It’s a bit much to ask considering there is no release date or any indication of what the set will turn out to be.

Reactions: galareta2332
I have the same set on preorder with Amazon US, and I didn’t get charged, so I’m thinking it may just be an Amazon UK thing

It’s a bit much to ask considering there is no release date or any indication of what the set will turn out to be.

Good. I rarely order something from UK.

Is this new pre-ordering payment policy on their website? I've pre-ordered a few things and none of those have been charged, and their 'Release Day' policy states the following (on their site as of today):

"Note: Payment for your pre-order is taken when your item is dispatched to you. If you choose to pay by credit or debit card, please ensure that the expiry date of your card is after the release day."

Is this new pre-ordering payment policy on their website? I've pre-ordered a few things and none of those have been charged, and their 'Release Day' policy states the following (on their site as of today):

"Note: Payment for your pre-order is taken when your item is dispatched to you. If you choose to pay by credit or debit card, please ensure that the expiry date of your card is after the release day."

I guess it might just possibly be for this value of item? Or maybe this category of item?

All I was told when they called me to explain is that the policy had changed a month or so ago, and they now charge when you pre-order. I assumed they were referring to all pre-orders but I could have assumed incorrectly.