Game of Thrones - The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £299.99

71YOA-GeBjL._SX385_.jpg

12143366-2814684911240381.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Marco86
I guess it might just possibly be for this value of item? Or maybe this category of item?

All I was told when they called me to explain is that the policy had changed a month or so ago, and they now charge when you pre-order. I assumed they were referring to all pre-orders but I could have assumed incorrectly.

Ah OK this sounds like pre-authorisation has been introduced. The amount wouldn't be claimed until the release date of the item, so if this item was pre-ordered today, there would be a Pending transaction that would drop off after 10 days or so, and then reappear once Amazon charges for the amount once shipped.

Ah OK this sounds like pre-authorisation has been introduced. The amount wouldn't be claimed until the release date of the item, so if this item was pre-ordered today, there would be a Pending transaction that would drop off after 10 days or so, and then reappear once Amazon charges for the amount once shipped.

Initially I thought that’s what it was, but my bank confirmed it was a full charge transaction, not a pre-authorisation, because amazon actually requested it and took it!

I have pre-ordered just in case. But it will take something extremely special in terms of packaging to keep it at this price. It’s not even 4K. Will be exciting to see though, because they must be planning something big for sure.

That's it? A nice package and a pin? For that price is insane.

I was expecting a little collectible item from each season or something. If I knew it was going to be this lacklustre I'd have bought the individual collectors editions for each season

• Thanks
Reactions: Mararagan
I don't wanna add to the choir of all the haters but if the last 4 episodes wouldn't have been the way they were I would have probably bought this, the packaging looks absolutely stunning

Wow! I love how this sets looks. Love the images that you can see In the window. Like a fable book.

But I can’t bring myself to spend £300 on this one bit. Especially after that last season.
If they ended it right and it was the greatest show on earth from start to finish then I would of thoaught about it. Saying that I couldn’t afford £300 on one series this year anyway

However, and I highly doubt this will happen but if it was to drop to say £50/£60 next year then I wouldn’t think twice

Cardboard sleeves will damage easily and scratch the hell out your discs. Price is insane

I hear that!

Rewatching the video, I noticed this (see attached).

That’s a bit concerning, isn’t it?!

Attachments

• 0917DFCC-7B47-4904-99D8-718078EBD511.jpeg
    0917DFCC-7B47-4904-99D8-718078EBD511.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 329
Reactions: Mararagan
That's it? A nice package and a pin? For that price is insane.

I was expecting a little collectible item from each season or something. If I knew it was going to be this lacklustre I'd have bought the individual collectors editions for each season

I hear you mate :( I too, did the same mistake as i was sure as they will release a premium packaging for the whole series, like an Iron Throne replica with the discs in it with some other goodies like they did with BB and the barrel, but instead we got this... :dunno::dunno: and the price :banghead::banghead::banghead:
The art on the sleeves appears to be astonishing like a fable tale from the Grimm brothers, but they could/should made them on steelbooks instead of this poor quality stuff like shown in the picture of @Brad Holdaway
So yeah, i regret not starting buying the steelbooks of each seasons as well, so i'll patiently wait for a good deal if i can find one :)

I'm really hoping they do a collectors set of all the Steelbooks in now with the detachable collectible Magnet

Put them in a nice wooden trunk or something and I'll be good.

Yeah like the Harry Potter set :)
I just checked if i can buy the steelbooks of each season by itself but holy f*** !!!!! The season 5 and 6 (specially the sixth) is over 140$ and the sixth is 200$ :stop::stop::stop:
and they aren't even numbered..:banghead::banghead:

I can’t believe they are doing that. I will be doing a lot less pre-orders from now on. I used to always put a pre-order in and not worry about it but I’m not paying up front for something that won’t be out for months. That’s a stupid policy.

This could be a nice set but that price is very high depending on what it comes with.

I understand your concern, but i suppose a lot people place pre-orders just cause it is free of charge and they can cancel whenever they want.
The problem is that the amount of preorders might be a serious indication of how much pieces of a limited edition they will press. If the amount of preorders that gets cancelled prior to release but after conception is too high it might be a huge loss for the company who release this title and won't sell most of his produced units.

Reactions: Sigill
I understand your concern, but i suppose a lot people place pre-orders just cause it is free of charge and they can cancel whenever they want.
The problem is that the amount of preorders might be a serious indication of how much pieces of a limited edition they will press. If the amount of preorders that gets cancelled prior to release but after conception is too high it might be a huge loss for the company who release this title and won't sell most of his produced units.

This is my theory too. The only logical thing that makes sense

That may be true but I’m sure its more about amazon taking your money than anything else! You might be right and companies want to see what kind of nunbers they get but I find it strange that they would use them as exact numbers as other places like zavvi you still don’t pay until just before the release date. I do understand thought that it may be helpful for smaller companies to do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jocelin
That may be true but I’m sure its more about amazon taking your money than anything else! You might be right and companies want to see what kind of nunbers they get but I find it strange that they would use them as exact numbers as other places like zavvi you still don’t pay untill just before the release date. I do understand thought that it may be helpful for smaller companies to do this.

Indeed, helpful for smaller companies, limited releases or very expensive releases (like this one)

Reactions: Sigill