Game Saves Question

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
So ... as many know, you can buy game saves off of ebay.

Now, I'm obvioulsy not for just skipping past a game as its pointless ..

but I lost all my game saves ... so if I buy a game save ...

Does it still allow me to get trophies?

I mean yeah I know it wont let you just get a trophy for beating the game as the save has it already beaten ... but if you dont have the trophy and you just play the last level over again do you get the trophy?

Cause I was at the last level on hard in wolverine :(

Last edited:
what if the save is from a game not yet beaten at all, but yet very close ... then if you beat it would you get the trophy? Or does the PS3 somehow know u uploaded the save?

Cause then for the most part, backing up your ps3 is pointless in the sense of trophies.

what if the save is from a game not yet beaten at all, but yet very close ... then if you beat it would you get the trophy? Or does the PS3 somehow know u uploaded the save?

Cause then for the most part, backing up your ps3 is pointless in the sense of trophies.

I don't know because i've never bought one. I just know they're not supposed to work.
________
CHEAP SILVER SURFER VAPORIZER

Last edited:
I have my own wolverine save with the game beat, so hard is unlocked ... but I didnt save it at the last point which I was at ... which is hard as hell ... but if I were to through it all on hard again and actually beat him at the end and not get a platinum I would be STEAMED!!!

I have my own wolverine save with the game beat, so hard is unlocked ... but I didnt save it at the last point which I was at ... which is hard as hell ... but if I were to through it all on hard again and actually beat him at the end and not get a platinum I would be STEAMED!!!

yeah. it's a tough call. I think you're screwed on buying any saves. You may have to do it again.
________
MARIJUANA

Last edited:
if there is any kind of encoding from ps3 to ps3 then that would also mean id be screwed even in this case with my own game save as its from ps3 to ps3 just like a game save would be.

I think more so they say you cant get trophies from other peeps game saves because they alraedy completed the task to get the trophy.

Hence why im curious in my situation where I didnt complete that task on my game save.

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE! YOU CANNOT earn trophies from using other saves.

This is correct...I will explian a bit.

I have a couple PS3's

I can transfer my LBP (as the example game) game save from my primary to the kids upstairs. but they have (had) a different user ID or login ID. The system knows that the game save you are using is from so and so's PS3 account so it tells you (sort of a quote) "this is not your game data so you do not have access to trophies while playing with this data" something like that.

BUT, if I was to transfer "thepmac" data from one machine to the other machine and used "thepmac" on the second machine it allows me trophy access and whatnot, because it is from my account to my account.

I hope that explains it to you. This is from experience transferring trying to let my son get more trophies for me :) but it didnt work under his login so we had to have him use thepmac while playing.

Paul

EDIT or P.S.

Now one thing a game save is good for...Burnout paradise for example (bad example, apparently you can't use game saves for BP, but I could be wrong :) )...if you have a platinum, and just want the 100% of everything, then why not use the game save since it wont affect the trophies you already have and with it you can get the platinum coloured cars without having to spend so much pointless time winning all the 120+ events all over again plus one or two of those acheivements are pretty hard like 20x burnout i think is one, the highest I have ever gotten was a 7x. I know there is a trick to it but I like going flat out while doing it, or the 40x multiplier for the stunt run...that seems to be too much of a pain in the butt for me to waste so much time trying. But you can download game saves free on the internet if you look around enough. I did it for a few games about a year ago for oblivion I think, and a few others Ohh Assassins Creed I believe.

Game saves can be had here for free.

Last edited:
That all makes alot of sense! :scat:

Very helpful info and since my own save is from my own account atleast I got the game beat once so I can go through again on HARD when I get motivated to do so .. :rolleyes:

As for now, im stuck on Red Faction :D

I can CONFIRM, that as long as they are your game saves from ANY ps3 just under YOUR PSN Name that it will unlock trophies.