Gangs Of New York (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #24) [Korea]

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: September 27, 2019
Purchase links: 1/4 Slip - Full Slip - Lenticular Full Slip A - Lenticular Full Slip B - Box Set (Pre-order Aug 22, 2019 @ 10 PM (Korea Time, UTC+9) - check your local time here)
Price: $35.99 (Full Slip) - $36.99 (Lenti A or B) - $129.99 (One Click) - $34.99 (1/4 Slip not numbered)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Lenti A - Lenti B - Full Slip - 1/4 Slip
Notes: WEA, Total Print Run 3000 (One Click 300, Full Slip 700, Lenti A 700, Lenti B 700, 1/4 Slip)

67827638_338639917071369_3984414256824057856_n.jpglenti a.jpglenti b.jpgone click.jpgquarter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The last of the mohicans was a great film but get what you mean , cheesy as **** when i look back at it now :D Have never seen there will be blood so cant comment on that.

He was never an actor that i wanted to see in a film and for most of the roles that he played i can think of better to play the part.

I'd even go one further and say There Will Be Blood was his only great film. :muted:

That's not to say he isn't a fantastic actor though... I'm just not a huge fan of a lot of the films he's in.
Am the same.
Think he was fantastic in TWBB but the movie itself wasn’t great for me. Just average and a bit slow.

Each to their own,

However, this movie (gangs of New York) is both a great movie and another fantastic performance from Sir Lewis.

Yea I’ll accept that. Mohicans is good but it’s a bit cheesy. There will be blood is epic in every way tho. I do love that.

So I liked him as Lincoln but I found the actual film boring.

Glad your on the same page tho because I knew that comment was going to be hugely controversial but I’m just not a fan
Am the same.
Think he was fantastic in TWBB but the movie itself wasn’t great for me. Just average and a bit slow.

Each to their own,

However, this movie (gangs of New York) is both a great movie and another fantastic performance from Sir Lewis.
That's the problem I have with most of his films... I find them to be quite tedious.

Lincoln... great performance, but boring film. Gangs... great performance, but boring film. TWWB... great performance, but boring film - or at least that's what I thought on my first watch. Now I love it and have seen it countless times!

Reactions: yeslek and Flloydo
I don't know what you guys have been smokin' but Daniel Day-Lewis is a fantastic actor and all of his films are fantastic imho. I love them all, not a single one that I don't like. :thanks:
Just look at all the Academy awards he's either been nominated for or won.

Academy Awards, USA
Nominee
Oscar
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Phantom Thread (2017)
Winner
Oscar
Lincoln (2012)
Winner
Oscar
There Will Be Blood (2007)
Nominee
Oscar
Best Actor in a Leading Role
Gangs of New York (2002)
Nominee
Oscar
In the Name of the Father (1993)
Winner
Oscar
My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown (1989)

Well...to each there own.

Last edited:
I don't know what you guys have been smokin' but Daniel Day-Lewis is a fantastic actor and all of his films are fantastic imho. I love them all, not a single one that I don't like. :thanks:
Just look at all the Academy awards he's either been nominated for or won.

Academy Awards, USA
Nominee
Oscar
Phantom Thread (2017)
Winner
Oscar
Lincoln (2012)
Winner
Oscar
There Will Be Blood (2007)
Nominee
Oscar
Gangs of New York (2002)
Nominee
Oscar
In the Name of the Father (1993)
Winner
Oscar
My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown (1989)

Well...to each there own.

Meh, I've seen a lot of actors/ actresses or films over the years that have won awards they don’t deserve (DDL deserved some of them but not ALL of them)

Stallone won a Oscar for Rocky FFS

Daniel Day-Lewis is very good in these films
My Left Foot (Academy Award for Best Actor )
The Last of the Mohicans
In the Name of the Father
The Boxer
There Will Be Blood (Academy Award for Best Actor)
Lincoln (Academy Award for Best Actor)

My favourite Daniel Day-Lewis films
My Left Foot
In the Name of the Father
There Will Be Blood

The Last of the Mohicans and Gangs of New York I like but I would consider 3 films I listed above better in terms of acting especially My Left Foot

Reactions: Lone Crusader
so 6am start time on this one AND am undecided on which lenti to go for....shall leave it until I get to work for 9am, let fate decide, whatever, if any, are still in stock directly come that date/time

so 6am start time on this one AND am undecided on which lenti to go for....shall leave it until I get to work for 9am, let fate decide, whatever, if any, are still in stock directly come that date/time
Negative. The time is wrong in the OP. This will go live at 10 PM in Korea. So that's 2 PM for your island.

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles