Gattaca (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #007) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: April 14, 2021
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order on January 28 at 8 PM - UK time)
Price: £42.98
Note: Limited and Numbered to 850 - Premium Slipcase with multi-level embossing and metallic details - 7x A6 Art Cards - A4 Poster (Tubed) - Photo Booklet (28pg) - Collectors Folder - Premium Envelope with Foiling - Plastic Numbering Card - Numbering Sticker - Region Coding: FREE (A,B,C)

1080_gattaca_preorder_1024x1024.png

gattaca_box_art_1_1024x1024.png

Last edited:
10 left, low number talked me into it. Might be the last one, for the price of shipping someone must be rowing it across the ocean and hand delivering it.

I've never understood collecting this type of thing. I'm all for premium steelbooks but to me, buying up a job lot of freely available ones, putting them in a box with some goodies and calling them 'premium' is just lame. Especially when the steelbook in question is so very average. I know, I don't have to buy it, and won't, but I find it irritating. I guess Black Barons and Steelarchive have demonstrated that the business model works but I don't for the life of me get why people go for it.

I've never understood collecting this type of thing. I'm all for premium steelbooks but to me, buying up a job lot of freely available ones, putting them in a box with some goodies and calling them 'premium' is just lame. Especially when the steelbook in question is so very average. I know, I don't have to buy it, and won't, but I find it irritating. I guess Black Barons and Steelarchive have demonstrated that the business model works but I don't for the life of me get why people go for it.
Lots of different opinions in the world. Most people don't understand why anyone would spend over $100 on an exclusive, limited steelbook with a fancy slipcover, cheap postcards, and a booklet in a language you don't understand, all for a movie they can watch anytime on their streaming service. :) We like what we like, and in the case of movie collecting, some people like having some kind of souvenir of a movie they enjoy. For a release like this, there's also the potential mix-n-match—maybe you like the slip but not the steel, so you buy it in case a better steel comes along, and then you have the perfect edition. I doubt there's any level at which the existence of an edition like this one is preventing the kind of edition you prefer from being produced.

I admire you
I admire your strong will :). I was like you when I started collecting premiums in 2016, was telling myself exactly the same "Im here for WEA Steelbooks, I will never buy just dressed up WWAs" haha, but some of these editions are just too nice to pass. Im holding to just one or two retailers with those WWA dress ups though, mainly HDzeta and just few FAC and Black Barons, very sporadically some others (few EverythingBlu and Blufans OAB). Main focus is still on WEA real premiums, that´s the real deal and always will be :cigar: :coffee:

Too bad WEA are few and far between of late. I like having something show up in the mail at least once a month :) , I do end up buying stuff that is not a major want, but who cares, bills are paid !

Reactions: andy01652
This because, IMHO, you see such editions in the wrong way.
To me Gattaca is a film which holds a special place in my heart. I've never bought any EB stuff but this time I've made an exception.
Manta Global (which are no more), OAB or even HDzeta Silver aren't solely meant for collectors but also for people who won't accept to own a regular blu-ray/steelbook. Such editions use available artwork because I guess custom ones would cost too much and could be rejected by the studio, let alone WEA's which have a minum quantity of about 2.000 copies or so.
So they are not just "dress up" WWA's but "creations" which may or may not be liked, but finding them "irritating" questions me quite a lot ;)

I admire you

I admire your strong will :). I was like you when I started collecting premiums in 2016, was telling myself exactly the same "Im here for WEA Steelbooks, I will never buy just dressed up WWAs" haha, but some of these editions are just too nice to pass. Im holding to just one or two retailers with those WWA dress ups though, mainly HDzeta and just few FAC and Black Barons, very sporadically some others (few EverythingBlu and Blufans OAB). Main focus is still on WEA real premiums, that´s the real deal and always will be :cigar: :coffee:
I was exactly the same as you! I never understood why anybody would pay top currency for a standard WAA steelbook with some disposable extras. It became almost ridiculously cynical with Steel Archive who bought up bad-selling leftover steelbooks of worse-than-average films and dresses them up, but then they did just that for The Neon Demon and it became legitimate.

I LOVE steelbooks, because they are all exactly the same size and look perfect on a shelf. It looks so neat and OCD-compatible in a way, that VHS tapes, DVDs and Bluray Amarays or DigiBooks before that couldn't do. Well, then movies that I liked came out in special edition steelbooks ONLY (Her, Gone Girl, later The Nice Guys, The Mission,....) and while I tried to compensate with 1/4 slips, at one point I had to start buying Premium slipcover releases of varying sizes and I couldn't stop anymore. It is stupid and I even bought films I didn't particular like because they had amazing premium releases (Ghost in the Shell FAC - I'm looking at you....admiringly though). It's certainly an addiction and an expensive one at that, but everybody needs their little projects and if you love movies, having the best possible edition of it is just priceless!

Average? I'll go so far as to call it downright ugly lol, so I'm glad someone decided to put some nice window dressing on it.

Reactions: andy01652
Got this beauty today. Will post some pics shortly but, for now, I wanna tell everyone who purchased it that they did the right thing. A stunning beauty.