General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have hundreds of theatre posters. Originals are 27x40 and double sided from the 1980's on (they actually used to be 27x41 pre 1980's and were not double sided, I only have one 1970's poster). Usually your reprints are 24x36 and single sided. The dvd posters released to places like blockbuster and hollywood video were also 27x40 but single sided.

I should post pics of all my movie posters. Or the ones I have hung up over the years.

Please do. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be interested in seeing some pics. :)

I've got quite a few (with a few being signed also), just wish I had the room to get them all framed

can anyone tell me the best place to buy original 11x17 size movie posters i have brought a few now off ebay and they are all like home printed even the new iron man 3 poster is not real any help i be grateful thanks

WoW! Check these out:

CIMG7680.jpg

CIMG7681.jpg

You can order already made art bags, or you can have custom ones made by selecting the Mystery Bags option and contacting her with what art you want on them. She will only do a print once, so those 8 above are taken and 1 of a kind. :p As you can imagine a lot of the coolest prints are already taken, but you can pic whatever you want. She'll probably even do steelbook scans. I thought about doing that, but decided on those prints instead. You'll see them in use in the new print thread shortly. ;)

The Bag Lady Likes Art

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wreck and zoneism
what do you do with them?

They are poster/print/art bags. When you get a print in a shipping tube, it stays rolled. You use the bags to flatten it out again. If a print has not been stored for an extended period of time, it should flatten in a few hours.

Plus, try taking a picture of a print that just came out of a shipping tube without anything weighing it down. :p

Btw, steelbooks work just as well. ;)

AP's - "Artist Proofs"

Ok so I've noticed these AP's are of less qty .... some # I suppose they negotiate to still be able to sell.... my question is are they more coveted or not?

School me ...

APs are supposed to be much less than the orginal run, but still part of the run. I think this is scewed by some artists, as they seem to have a bunch of APs.

Like with the Mother of Dragons I got, the run was 75. The artist told me Mondo sold 60 and he got 15 APs. So, I got an AP 14/15. This is the way it is supposed to be, but like I said I think some artists have much more than they should.

When they do prints for a company or show (say Mondo), they are only allowed to print the actual number of prints in the series. Meaning if they say it's a 500 run, then there is only 500 prints.

I found out some artists do multiple runs for their own peices. Like the Breaking Bad "The Cook" from Tim Doyle. The one I have is a 4th run of 300. EEK!

Just to add to Rose, AP's usually are identical to the regular run, save any added "extras" the artist puts on after printing. Some artists doodle in the margins or add signatures to otherwise unsigned prints, etc.

So in regards to a Mondo print ... what is better ... one from the run signed ... or an AP signed.

So in regards to a Mondo print ... what is better ... one from the run signed ... or an AP signed.

Depends on the collector, but the APs signed & numbered are rarer. Some APs are not #ed, so you get into the territory of how many APs are there. They should still be way less than the intial run, but not knowing makes it iffy to some collectors.

Now this is how you restore a poster!!

When I visited Las Vegas in 2011 I got quite friendly with a memorabilia store in Manadalay Bay hotel. Whilst buying my signed framed Total Recall poster he showed me a 'Twins' 10 x 8 picture signed by both Arnold and Danny DeVito. As tempted as I was I left it as I'd rather have a poster.

About 6 months go by and I get an email from them telling me that they have just found me a signed Twins poster, but not in the best shape..... I bought it and this was what arrived -

8489cac1-cd99-40c6-85d0-9a68753088b1.jpg

Obviously in a very very bad shape, but I expected this.

I then searched around the internet for a poster restorer to have it restored and linen backed. I found someone, and sent the poster over to him. He had it for a few weeks, and the day came when it would come back. The guy told me not to expect miracles as the poster was in bad shape...... I didn't know what to expect, especially as he had only charged me £65!

This is what I received back -

file-12.jpg

:thumbs: :scat: :oohyeah: :scat: :oohyeah: :thumbs: :LOL:

As you can see all of the rips have been repaired, all the missing bits of the poster have been replaced and it looks brand new!

Needless to say I was over the moon, and it just proves that no matter how bad you buy something at, you can get it fixed.

This is now framed and waiting to be hung on a wall when I buy a house next year :)