George Clooney is a "Road Dog" (Sequel to Out of Sight)

Out of Sight is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. I think everyone in the film was just lights out fantastic. From Clooney and Lopez, to Ving Rhames and Steve Zahn, to Albert Brooks and Don Cheadle, and even side players like Isaiah Washington and Dennis Farina were really fantastic.

I read the sequel to Out of Sight which came out late 2009 called Road Dogs, which Elmore Leonard wrote with Clooney in mind.

Glad to see this is potentially going forward. Hopefully they bring back Soderbergh. Lopez' character is not in the book as much (just a bit in the beginning), but it'd be nice to get her back, because otherwise it's kinda difficult to pull off, as her character is important in the book.

NOTE: synopsis of Road Dogs is below the cover at the bottom of this post. "Cundo Rey" is NOT the Samuel L. Jackson character from the end of Out of Sight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Sight-sequel--word-Jennifer-Lopez-love-.html

George Clooney is being lined up to star in a sequel to Out Of Sight, the hit film which sealed his breakthrough as a big screen actor, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Clooney played charming bank-robber Jack Foley, who falls for Jennifer Lopez’s beautiful U.S. Marshall Karen Sisco, in the 1998 film.

Directed by Steven Soderbergh, the film catapulted Clooney, then best-known for playing Dr Doug Ross in the medical television series ER, to movie stardom – and featured steamy scenes of the screen heartthrob locked in a car boot with popstar Jennifer.

Out Of Sight was based on a novel by Elmore Leonard, the legendary American crime writer. And Leonard, 85, today revealed that he has asked Clooney, 49, to revive the role in a sequel, called Road Dogs.

He told the Mail: ‘Clooney is one of the few actors who can deliver the words exactly the way that I heard them when I wrote them.

'I’ve sent the new book to George. The role is the same guy as Out Of Sight. I don’t know if he’s read it yet though.’

Road Dogs picks up the story with Foley leaving prison in Florida and travelling to California, where he gets caught up with a dangerous crime boss and his fortune-teller girlfriend.

roaddogs.jpg

Road Dogs opens with Foley on the van to prison with Cundo Rey, a pint-size Cuban who soon engineers their early release--legally, this time. Jack's happy to be out and enjoying the California hospitality of Cundo and his wife Dawn (both Leonard veterans too, from LaBrava and Riding the Rap). But Dawn is lovely and wily (and maybe a psychic), Cundo is a murderously jealous husband who may well think Jack owes him big-time, and Jack? Well, when you've robbed a hundred-twenty or so banks, is it that easy to go straight? As so often with Leonard, the real fun is less in the action than the talk, especially from Foley, the pleasure-minded, level-headed hood: an ex-con whose biggest con may be that he is exactly who he says he is.