paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 23, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi) - £34.99 (HMV)

378002000_10229832149488484_6960135156118044114_n.jpg
71lG4mVS53L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81cUTtikOBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sure when I watched this originally in the cinema in London there were subtitles for the French speaking scenes.The original artisan dvd also had forced English subs as well as the criterion recent release .I thought the subs really added to the scenes and made them funnier but probably because it’s the way I have always watched it .

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I’m sure when I watched this originally in the cinema in London there were subtitles for the French speaking scenes.The original artisan dvd also had forced English subs as well as the criterion recent release .I thought the subs really added to the scenes and made them funnier but probably because it’s the way I have always watched it .
I've only ever seen it without subs.
Clearly it works both ways then. :thumbs:

Reactions: magnetic1
Watched this last night there are no English subs on the French speaking sections if you select to watch with subtitles “speaking French “ is displayed .This was not the director’s intent .Very disappointing .Issue present on both the 4k and Blu-ray Discs.Agreed Steelbook finish disappointing too as per previous comments View attachment 566253
If that's how it is on the UK release, the German one that I ordered is probably the same...

Nice. Film is ok imo, bit of an odd mash-up of mob, assassin, samurai, gang/hood genres. Odd concept in itself tbh, probably just a product of it's age. Late 90s, says it all really lol

That's not the 90's, it's just Jarmusch - watch his Mystery Train from 10 years earlier, or The Dead Don't Die from 20 years later. :D

If that's how it is on the UK release, the German one that I ordered is probably the same...
Yep, German release is the same. Both from Studiocanal.
That's not the 90's, it's just Jarmusch - watch his Mystery Train from 10 years earlier, or The Dead Don't Die from 20 years later. :D
Oh right haha it was just an odd film. The entire concept and plot felt like it should be a joke, but it was played straight lol

Reactions: Lenny Nero