Ghost in the Shell (1995) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 27, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Anime-On-Line - Amazon UK
Price: £39.99 (Zavvi - HMV - Amazon) - £37.49 (Anime-On-Line)
Note: The special features are on the blu-ray disc

AC486906-1CA0-42DF-A140-9E3366BF24E8.jpeg

97A90D20-30F3-4018-9568-59790D3905BE.jpeg7EB4DF16-1E19-4EFD-8081-4B85C535E3E7.jpegCA0DFEBC-5BC9-4BA2-BBE6-4F79055EE2A3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
it actually arrived very shortly after i wrote that message lol... unfortunately quite the disappointment imo.. steelbook is quite alright, but wouldve benefitted massively from a better finish.. plus the embossing is weird... the full slip is too dark and just feels super cheap :/ too bad because the art itself is cool

78D6A303-D137-43DA-A74D-29949CDD4ACA.jpeg

3F77AF49-8B38-4210-86FF-7FBA7C94E204.jpeg

90441839-4823-4806-83A8-029C158E45DA.jpeg

E2C004B5-A00F-4862-AACD-94DFBD731E8E.jpeg

Last edited:
it actually arrived very shortly after i wrote that message lol... unfortunately quite the disappointment imo.. steelbook is quite alright, but wouldve benefitted massively from a better finish.. plus the embossing is weird... the full slip is too dark and just feels super cheap :/ too bad because the art itself is cool

View attachment 517812

View attachment 517813

View attachment 517814

View attachment 517815
The embossing is a bit lazy I must admit. They should've individually embossed the letters on the title and major on the rear, seeing as they've debossed the border behind her... so that's a bit off, but certainly better than being flat.

I actually quite liked the finish. I don't think gloss would've made a difference with the colours, satin (like the BB 4K) would've been nice though. I liked the box too, nice feel to it. Nothing amazing, but on par with the better arrow slips, which honestly was a best case scenario here.

I do overall prefer my BB 4K steel, so I'll be holding onto both.

The embossing is a bit lazy I must admit. They should've individually embossed the letters on the title and major on the rear, seeing as they've debossed the border behind her... so that's a bit off, but certainly better than being flat.

I actually quite liked the finish. I don't think gloss would've made a difference with the colours, satin (like the BB 4K) would've been nice though. I liked the box too, nice feel to it. Nothing amazing, but on par with the better arrow slips, which honestly was a best case scenario here.

I do overall prefer my BB 4K steel, so I'll be holding onto both.
yes, the finish on the metallic parts is good, but couldve been better on the rest... but i guess its good enough, so maybe my "benefitted massively" was a bit too much

the box is like the arrow ones, but those are usually much brighter and colorful.. the artwork is already too dark for this type of dull and matte paper and then the final result is even darker then it shouldve been... + you can see exactly where and how it is folded :/

6C341D17-2841-4F37-9BE3-CAC64C1AB30D.jpeg

id say the steelbook is good, the full slip is unfortunately quite bad... if you want to keep it sealed like @TheCollector86 , i wouldnt recommend it

i'm so sorry to read that @hatredhorror i know how long you waited for this release, not even that, it also should be your first nice edition in your trash collection
damn you manga entertainment
star-trek-the-wrath-of-khan-star-trek2.gif

you killed the dream of a very good friend of mine

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
Able to cancel in time from Zavvi. $65 USD with everything that is coming out the next 3 months...nah.

yes, the finish on the metallic parts is good, but couldve been better on the rest... but i guess its good enough, so maybe my "benefitted massively" was a bit too much

the box is like the arrow ones, but those are usually much brighter and colorful.. the artwork is already too dark for this type of dull and matte paper and then the final result is even darker then it shouldve been... + you can see exactly where and how it is folded :/

View attachment 517817

id say the steelbook is good, the full slip is unfortunately quite bad... if you want to keep it sealed like @TheCollector86 , i wouldnt recommend it
Yes the slip could've done with some colour, I'll give you that. A bit of spot gloss on the slip might've helped. You'd still see the fold though either way... it's not a knockout, but for £35 I'm reasonably happy.

Yes the slip could've done with some colour, I'll give you that. A bit of spot gloss on the slip might've helped. You'd still see the fold though either way... it's not a knockout, but for £35 I'm reasonably happy.
for 35GBP perhaps, but for the 65$ @Shark has to pay apparently, you can get a manta lab release thats much *much* nicer.. at the very least slipwise

Reactions: samdavies
Yeah, had to update payment info, but reluctantly. Was anxiouly awaiting, but now after hearing the full slip is of their cheaper variety, I'm bummed

Thanks for the pics, looks like one I'm gonna cancel for now since it looks like Amazon is waiting for the 27th.
Seeing this for the first time at the IMAX while it's running though, so maybe that'll convince me otherwise who knows... :whistle:

Ah man that looks rubbish. Money saved

And yeah the steel would of looked miles better in full gloss. And that slip should of had some nice detail too. Shame