Ghostbusters 1 & 2 - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: June 11, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Target
Price: $43.99 (Amazon) - $39.99 (Best Buy) - $47.79 (Target)

ghostbusters-steelbook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dfoles
ALL-NEW & RARE ARCHIVAL SPECIAL FEATURES:

GHOSTBUSTERS

§ Fan Commentary featuring Troy Benjamin and Chris Stewart (Interdimensional Crossrip podcast), Ashley Victoria Robinson (Geek History Lesson podcast) and Sean Bishop (Ghostbusters prop replica expert), moderated by Ghost Corps’ Eric Reich

§ 6 Rare & Newly Unearthed Deleted Scenes, including the long-requested Fort Detmerring scenes!

o Also includes Raw Takes for the Central Park Bums sequence

§ 1984 ShoWest Exhibitor Reel, featuring Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd pitching an early reel of footage to theatrical exhibitors!

§ Full Ghostbusters TV Commercial from the film

§ Ghostbusters TV Commercial Outtakes

§ “A Moment With the Stars” – Original EPK Featurette

§ Original Domestic Teaser Trailer

§ Original Stereo Audio for the Feature (Blu-ray only)

GHOSTBUSTERS II

§ Commentary featuring Director Ivan Reitman, Star/Co-Writer Dan Aykroyd and Executive Producer Joe Medjuck

§ “The Oprah Winfrey Show: Cast of Ghostbusters II” – June 1989

§ Full Ghostbusters II Theatrical EPK

§ Rare Unfinished Teaser Trailer – featuring the full commercial from the film!

§ Original Stereo Audio for the Feature (Blu-ray only)

THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS

§ "The Real Ghostbusters - Pitch Concept Pilot" - A Fan Restoration by Robert Barbieri

ALSO INCLUDES:

GHOSTBUSTERS

§ Commentary featuring Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis and Joe Medjuck

§ Slimer Mode Picture-in-Picture Track

§ “Tricks and Trivia” Text Commentary

§ 10 Deleted Scenes

§ Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective

§ 1984 Featurette

§ SFX Featurette

§ Cast and Crew Featurette

§ Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car

§ Multi-Angle Explorations

§ Storyboard Comparison

§ Alternate TV Version Takes

§ “Ghostbusters” Music Video by Ray Parker, Jr.

§ Photo Galleries

§ Trailers

o International Teaser Trailer

o Domestic Theatrical Trailer

o 30th Anniversary Theatrical Trailer

GHOSTBUSTERS II

§ 7 Deleted Scenes

§ Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond

§ “On Our Own” Music Video by Bobby Brown

§ Photo Galleries

§ Trailers

o Domestic Teaser Trailer

o Domestic Theatrical Trailer

o International Theatrical Trailer

GHOSTBUSTERS has a run time of approximately 105 minutes and is rated PG. GHOSTBUSTERS II has a run time of approximately 108 minutes and is rated PG.

New materials include:

GHOSTBUSTERS
  • 6 Rare & Newly Unearthed Deleted Scenes, including the long-requested Fort Detmerring scenes!
  • Raw takes for the Central Park bums sequence
  • 1984 ShoWest Exhibitor Reel, featuring Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd pitching an early reel of footage to theatrical exhibitors.
  • Full Ghostbusters TV Commercial from the film
  • Ghostbusters TV Commercial Outtakes
  • “A Moment With the Stars” – original press kit featurette
  • Original Domestic Teaser Trailer
  • Original Stereo Audio for the Feature (Blu-ray only)
  • Fan Commentary featuring Troy Benjamin and Chris Stewart (Interdimensional Crossrippodcast), Ashley Victoria Robinson (Geek History Lesson podcast) and Sean Bishop (Ghostbusters prop replica expert), moderated by Ghost Corps’ Eric Reich
GHOSTBUSTERS II

• Commentary featuring Director Ivan Reitman, Star/Co-Writer Dan Aykroyd and Executive Producer Joe Medjuck
  • The Oprah Winfrey Show: Cast of Ghostbusters II” – June 1989
  • Full Ghostbusters II Theatrical EPK
  • Rare Unfinished Teaser Trailer – featuring the full commercial from the film!
  • Original Stereo Audio for the Feature (Blu-ray only)
  • The double feature Steelbook set will be released on June 11th!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stygian
I'm guessing this is the same 4k scan as the already available ones?
I'm not sure. Unlike a BD disc, can you improve on a 4K transfer? (I don't have any experience as I don't have a 4K set up. But I'd expect 4K can't be improved upon?)

But I do know that Ghostbusters 2 now has a commentary track for the first time. So this couldn't have been on the first release (although I know that has nothing to do with PQ)

Where is the french one for €35 available from? There's no thread here for it.....

(although, if its only 4 discs it sounds like it's missing the bonus disc which is the whole point of this)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks v. smart in a matte or possibly a zero finish . . . liking the red frame tying the covers together.

Pics courtesy Steelbookpro:-
1559571680283.png

Pretty in blancmange pink but zero artwork although the discs do kind of compensate:-
1559571855693.png

Just lucky it's not a trilogy as 'icon ghost' would either need a third arm or would have to use one of his toes . . . three heads could work with the fingers doing it for 1 & 2 too:-
1559572457381.png
/
1559572710973.png

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Disappointed with the finish. If they couldn't make it glossy, they could have at least had some embossing. They are charging a premium price for these after all.

I wonder if this is the European edition or the U.S. edition or if there'll be any difference between the two at all?

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Looks v. smart in a matte or possibly a zero finish . . . liking the red frame tying the covers together.

Pics courtesy Steelbookpro:-
View attachment 430520

Pretty in blancmange pink but zero artwork although the discs do kind of compensate:-
View attachment 430521

Just lucky it's not a trilogy as 'icon ghost' would either need a third arm or would have to use one of his toes . . . three heads could work with the fingers doing it for 1 & 2 too:-
Do we know is this the European edition?