Ghostbusters (1984) (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: June 15, 2020
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order live on May 16, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, general sale around 6 PM)
Price: £24.99 (4K) - £17.99 (BD)
Notes: 4K edition does not include a Blu-ray Disc

12578224-4234768163832588.jpg 12578223-2044768163576763-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stygian and DMD4k
If thats what Zavvi are hinting at, thats been available to preorder on Amazon for a while now so not a Zavvi exclusive. Same description too.
Price on Amazon is £32.38 & release date is February 8th 2021.

That's confusing though, cos the listing sounds like a boxset with production notes, character sketches, insider info & whatnot, but it also states it is a steelbook.

Amazon

Reactions: willbar84
I already have the logo steelbooks and got the 4K discs for £6 each instore in HMV, so this art would have to be incredible to remotely tempt me

Won’t lie, I’m getting a little bored of the old title 4K re releases (again) and their prices. I’ve got all the ghostbuster steelbooks and they cost me around £10 each. This will be over £30. So unless they can beat the classic steels or the awesome dan Mumford illustrated steels then there’s no point

This.

steelbook collecting is getting predictable now. Find myself buying more amarays of new and interesting films. If I stuck solely to buying steelbooks my enthusiasm for films would be dead..

If you are referring to the Zavvi exclusive, I believe its a collectors set of Ghostbusters 1 & 2 and here is the link - Ghostbusters I (1984) & II (1989) - 4K Ultra HD (Includes 2D Blu-ray)

It's not live yet and the listing isn't complete (it may not even be the correct one), as the title doesn't say Steelbook, but Steelbook is in the listing description, but price is £49.99, which is outrageous, hopefully it will drop before going live, whenever that will be...

When these were released by Best Buy Canada I believe they were probably half the price of these (these 4K steelbooks are $44.99 Canadian) but I wasn't able to acquire good copies. I believe I ordered 3 times from Best Buy and all of the steelbooks I received were flawed. I think there were a lot of spine slashes so I just might have to get these.

Glad I got both these Dan Mumford steels for under a score

Even if I picked up the 4K discs at some point to swap over it would be a hell of a lot cheaper

surely anyone who owns these will just do that eventually if it’s the same steelbooks

Reactions: Strangerbyday
Glad I got both these Dan Mumford steels for under a score

Even if I picked up the 4K discs at some point to swap over it would be a hell of a lot cheaper

surely anyone who owns these will just do that eventually if it’s the same steelbooks

That's my plan. Already have these (as well as the 2016 movie), so will just grab the 4K discs down the line.

Reactions: Flloydo
So is this a double feature or is it individual editions?

looks individual by the threads. Same 2 steels from a few years back. But 2 lots (4 in total going live and 6 in total all together) which Is hilarious

Why even bother with the re release of the normal 2D disc. Surprised it don’t feature both 2D and 4k like all these current re releases of old films.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
This is a strange choice/set up, and way too late to the party for the UK......

A bit late in general. Especially with the art. And Italy and possibly Germany had these a few years back too. Because one of mine was from Italy amazon

Reactions: BluSteel2012