E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Untitled Ghostbusters Sequel

Genre: Fantasy, Adventure, Comedy

Plot: A sequel to the 2021 film Ghostbusters: Afterlife. It will be the fourth film in the original Ghostbusters franchise.

ghostbusters-frozen-empire.jpg

like the look of this. The ghosts looks like the original visual effects!

I just got back from watching this in Australia and it was awesome. I loved every second of it. The writing is great, there were quite a few moments when I thought I knew what was going to happen (and was happy for it to play out that way), but it went in a slightly different, but even better direction. Afterlife was enjoyable, but ultimately was just a set up for this.

I just got back from watching this in Australia and it was awesome. I loved every second of it. The writing is great, there were quite a few moments when I thought I knew what was going to happen (and was happy for it to play out that way), but it went in a slightly different, but even better direction. Afterlife was enjoyable, but ultimately was just a set up for this.
That's a long way to go to watch a movie.
:LOL:

(Sorry, I had too)

A pretty good installment, but missing something. The whole surviving cast is here, but there's nothing for them to do, besides Aykroyd. There's a few send-offs, like the same library intro music and camera angle, same old woman ghost, but it's just for the 'oh remember that' moments.
Seems there isn't enough actual ghost busting, and most of all it's missing great songs. How awesome it is when the titular song starts playing - well both original movies had at least 4-5 songs during each. Like when another sky beam happens, and all the ghosts are flying everywhere - Magic by Mick Smiley was playing. Here there's nothing. Maybe some boring background orchestral score, and everyone's very serious...
Why do people forget that music plays a very important part, it can make or break a movie. Yes it's not the 80's anymore, but you can still use 80's songs, or even choose some good new ones.
There's only one joke from Murray, and the main villain shows up basically in the last 15 minutes in one location. It all feels TV series monster of the week small-time.
I don't like Wolfhard, but Kumail Nanjiani fits here very well, kinda wish he was one of the ghosbusters, but he was in place of Rick Moranis.
Atherton playing Peck the Mayor again is too old to even speak angrily anymore, his voice trembles and is too weak.
I do appreciate them using puppets, and even some jerky animation in places, made it look more real.
There's just too much exposition and building - it's not a first film, there doesn't have to be so much of it. It's kinda strange - as in it's almost two hours, but is too short, shows too much and yet too little, a lot and not enough. Don't know what to make of it.

Reactions: TheWildEye