Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: January 31, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £149.99
Notes: Ghostbusters (1984) - Ghostbusters II (1989) - Ghostbusters Afterlife (2021) 8 discs (3 x 4K UHD - 3 x Blu-ray - 2 x Bonus discs)

GB4k.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
There is another video on YouTube, the guy gets the lights to work once and not again :/
Found it, watched it, as much as it was possible with constant pixelation (guy wrote it's because of a slow SD card). He was pulling on some unrelated piece of cardboard to make it light up.
Ken there, on Twitter, replied to me with a close up clip of what appears to be a proximity sensor - very advanced for this kind of thing, and I think a first for any home media release. It's in the side wall closer to the top, so whenever you remove all the slips, it lights up for a while.

Reactions: Dannykd88
Found it, watched it, as much as it was possible with constant pixelation (guy wrote it's because of a slow SD card). He was pulling on some unrelated piece of cardboard to make it light up.
Ken there, on Twitter, replied to me with a close up clip of what appears to be a proximity sensor - very advanced for this kind of thing, and I think a first for any home media release. It's in the side wall closer to the top, so whenever you remove all the slips, it lights up for a while.
Yes, i noticed that afterwards ha. The card he was moving i think was there to open the trap doors maybe?

Not my pics, From Facebook.

He confirms that:
1 - It does not have light up features.
2 - It does not have cardboard slip covers.
3 - It does not have 2016 rubbish inside.
4. Added steelbooks in himself, Does not come with steelbook's just amaray cases.

Attachments

• C08686D5-CF70-436A-8C1D-529B99A5C155.jpeg
    C08686D5-CF70-436A-8C1D-529B99A5C155.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 185
  • 6B6A9B2E-45C8-4F2B-BA32-14C1A60923DB.jpeg
    6B6A9B2E-45C8-4F2B-BA32-14C1A60923DB.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 46CFC7E1-7ED8-4676-9845-83DB24C4F6E2.jpeg
    46CFC7E1-7ED8-4676-9845-83DB24C4F6E2.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 166
  • E87D81CB-08F8-4A3D-9B44-68BE454D218F.jpeg
    E87D81CB-08F8-4A3D-9B44-68BE454D218F.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 169
The one in the video was all scuffed up too. I stand by its’ £60 value.. It’s quirky and the plastic sleeve is nice but the price is a joke. I’ll have to just buy the movies separate.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187

He confirms that:

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

4. Added steelbooks in himself, Does not come with steelbook's just amaray cases.

I guess because the UK amarays are as wide, as steels, they do fit in the box. Cardboard on the sides is probably narrower to accommodate. Won't work with the US box.
...is THAT why the sensor and lights were removed, to push the sides for thicker UK cases?
Of course it could've all fit and worked, but they probably just couldn't bother, ripped it all out with the 'innards', and hand stuffed in narrower cardboard filler walls...

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

I guess because the UK amarays are as wide, as steels, they do fit in the box. Cardboard on the sides is probably narrower to accommodate. Won't work with the US box.
...is THAT why the sensor and lights were removed, to push the sides for thicker UK cases?
Of course it could've all fit and worked, but they probably just couldn't bother, ripped it all out with the 'innards', and hand stuffed in narrower cardboard filler walls...

They could have just given us the exact same set just with different ratings logos etc but nope. Just lazy, There is no law saying you have to have thick cases for the UK, The fact that we still have these thick cases when europe and the USA have the thin cases is nuts.

They could have just given us the exact same set just with different ratings logos etc but nope. Just lazy, There is no law saying you have to have thick cases for the UK, The fact that we still have these thick cases when europe and the USA have the thin cases is nuts.
Yeah, BTW. They do look kinda bad, plus all these double ratings logos. Gives out an outdated vibe of a VHS next to DVD.
I saw a collection video of one UK guy on YouTube, who bought everything from the US, a 1000 titles, just because he couldn't look at local cases.

Yeah, BTW. They do look kinda bad, plus all these double ratings logos. Gives out an outdated vibe of a VHS next to DVD.
I saw a collection video of one UK guy on YouTube, who bought everything from the US, a 1000 titles, just because he couldn't look at local cases.
Its the main reason i buy most of my favourite movies in steelbook, Because no ratings logos and alternative artwork.

Reactions: Lenny Nero

He confirms that:

Damn, I'm gonna have to cancel and wait for a price drop.

Just absolutely not worth the money.

The more I read on here, the happier I am that I managed to cancel my order in time. I would've paid £120 for this?! (Uk version) ☹️

Although im now incredibly sad that I cancelled my sold out AFTERLIFE steelbook now for this I have the 2 zavvi 4k steelbooks from GHOSTBUSTERS & GHOSTBUSTERS 2 aswell

The more I read on here, the happier I am that I managed to cancel my order in time. I would've paid £120 for this?! (Uk version) ☹️

Although im now incredibly sad that I cancelled my sold out AFTERLIFE steelbook now for this I have the 2 zavvi 4k steelbooks from GHOSTBUSTERS & GHOSTBUSTERS 2 aswell
I cancelled mine too and I'm gutted about it, but I can't imagine this will stay full price for long.

Fingers crossed we get an Afterlife steel that matches the others

I cancelled mine too and I'm gutted about it, but I can't imagine this will stay full price for long.

Fingers crossed we get an Afterlife steel that matches the others
Well I'd be happy to pay around £60 for this, £80 max! so ill jump back on zavvi monday morning with a discount code to see what i can get it for, doubt ill get it for less than £120 though.

As for the afterlife steelbook, always expect a couple to pop up on release day, so keep an eye out

He confirms that:
USA/Canada release Ultimate Collection
2016 film is digital code only it's not included on Physical Media in USA/Canada release

UK/Ireland don't get digital codes of the films from Sony a few years now that is why 2016 film not in UK release
If Sony in UK/Ireland had still been providing digital copies of films the 2016 would have been included

Majority of Film studios Blu-ray/UHD releases in UK/Ireland no longer include digital copy

UK/Ireland Digital versions are now purchased separately with likes of Google Play/Apple Tv and iTunes/Amazon Prime Video/Sky Store/Virgin Media Store/Microsoft Films & TV etc etc and other platforms that provide option to purchase digital version of films and TV series
There is more revenue now made from digital purchases and streaming subscriptions compared to DVD/Blu-ray/UHD physical media

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Feel bad for the guy. Seems so disappointed but still gives it an 8-10 to justify the purchase. This release is kind of criminal due to the lack of details given for the pre-order along with the price. For the money the whole box should be plastic, twice as big with an auto opening mechanism and lights up. This is not unrealistic, I paid way less for the Star Wars Book of the Sith secrets which does all of that and more. Otherwise just the standard Amarays and a mini Stay Puft would be more satisfying to me than this release. My venting is over :)