Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: January 31, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £149.99
Notes: Ghostbusters (1984) - Ghostbusters II (1989) - Ghostbusters Afterlife (2021) 8 discs (3 x 4K UHD - 3 x Blu-ray - 2 x Bonus discs)

GB4k.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
For Comparison The Zack Snyder’s Justice League Trilogy comes with:

- Man of Steel Bluray & 4K
- BvS Bluray & 4K new Master
- ZSJL Bluray & 4K
- All With their own Bonus Features
- Comic book Art Cards, Lenticular cards of each character
- Digipak & Plastic slip

and its £59.99 (I got it for £45)

and yet the Ghostbusters boxset is £150 and has less features than another country for double the price. Sony have royally screwed us UK fans over.

For Comparison The Zack Snyder’s Justice League Trilogy comes with:

- Man of Steel Bluray & 4K
- BvS Bluray & 4K new Master
- ZSJL Bluray & 4K
- All With their own Bonus Features
- Comic book Art Cards, Lenticular cards of each character
- Digipak & Plastic slip

and its £59.99 (I got it for £45)

and yet the Ghostbusters boxset is £150 and has less features than another country for double the price. Sony have royally screwed us UK fans over.
Erm how have i not seen this set?

Yeah they fleeced us well and truly with the price in comparison to the US *sigh*

That aside I'm still happy to have these in the collection in 4K at last and the on disc extras are worthy of an 'Ultimate' collection along with the making Ghostbusters book. Mine arrived earlier but I'm out on a work course all week so unable to check it out until the weekend

Reactions: MM3
I have just read that the UK edition has no green light and no digital download codes!!?? Is this the case? If so, then an even bigger rip off! Are they going to come out as a Standard edition box set by any chance?
Yes no lights with UK edition

There has been no digital codes provided with majority of film studio Blu-ray/UHD releaes in UK/Ireland for a few years now

UK/Ireland
It's very rare you get Blu-ray releases with a digital copy and only 1 film studio still does this in UK and not every release they do includes a digital code

Sony UK/Ireland stopped providing digital copy with physical media releases over 2 years ago

Digital version of films in UK/Ireland are now purchased instead separately from likes of Apple TV/Google Play and other providers that provide option to purchase digital editions

• Informative
Reactions: MM3 and spookz
Thanks for the info. Do you know if they will bring out a seperate box set of the 3 4k's?
Likely yes at some stage but I don't expect will include the 2 bonus extras discs that you get in the ultimate edition

A blu-ray amaray collection of 3 films already available
81P1BYx7McL._AC_SX342_.jpg

@paulboland found his audience, a guy that couldn't be bothered to read a few posts above, and needs the repeated, chewed out info.

Happy Jay And Silent Bob GIF

But yeah, this must be the biggest disappointment for the UK release, and overall actually, yet. I, for example, did not know 80% of the 'book' is a script. Why was it popular and OOP at all? Phee.

Thanks paulboland for your helpful information, however I find the other comment above discourteous, unhelpful and unnecessary if it was aimed at me. Even though I feel I don't owe anyone an explanation, I am usually in the steelbook section and wanted to know quickly if the information was correct about the UK edition of this particular release before I put in an order.

Reactions: paulboland
I just saw this article about the North American sets (actually this is the Canadian set they're using as an example). Some sets have mixed up discs like 2 Ghostbusters 2 4K discs but no Ghostbusters 1 4K disc. Missing digital codes, missing sleeve for Ghostbusters Afterlife. I think that's all the anomalies so far. :ohno:

It also mentions the omissions from the European sets.

So do you want the proper discs or do you want the green lights? :LOL:

So I checked earlier today and saw that you could still order 30 copies at a time from Amazon Canada and the price was $159.99.

I just looked again and it's no longer available. :wow:

I wonder if it suddenly sold out to European buyers wanting the green lights or if maybe it was pulled due to some sets not having the proper discs. :dunno:

I just saw this article about the North American sets (actually this is the Canadian set they're using as an example). Some sets have mixed up discs like 2 Ghostbusters 2 4K discs but no Ghostbusters 1 4K disc. Missing digital codes, missing sleeve for Ghostbusters Afterlife. I think that's all the anomalies so far. :ohno:

It also mentions the omissions from the European sets.

So do you want the proper discs or do you want the green lights? :LOL:

Finally got round to opening my set up today. Its mint thankfully (excellent packaging from HMV - Double boxed too) and discs are all present and correct :thumbs:

Reactions: Stygian
So I checked earlier today and saw that you could still order 30 copies at a time from Amazon Canada and the price was $159.99.

I just looked again and it's no longer available. :wow:

I wonder if it suddenly sold out to European buyers wanting the green lights or if maybe it was pulled due to some sets not having the proper discs. :dunno:
@Stygian
It's still available on Amazon Canada
$119.99

Canada delivery address only