Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 22nd, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99

11274760-8094384792016061.jpg

11274760-1274384792035765.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wtf!

Is this the one with the creepy things in the toilet?

I have f*cked up memories of this from a kid. My dad played it to me when I was about 6 and I've never seen it since but it stays in my memory. Don't some kids go to a house or something?
If it what I'm thinking of then i didn't know there was a second

Edit: just looked this up too and it is what I was thinking of lol

I also rememeber a film he played me with some girl that had some weird mirror in her room.

Oh and a film with a kid helping out some ghost. All I remember is the kids name was franky (I think)
Actually I can see the kid clearly in my head and I think he's the drug dealer in brick but grown up

I need to look up that one

Edit: it was him in it- the lady in white lol probably terrible but it freaked me out when i was a child

They messed me up when I was young lol

Reactions: harry
Wtf!

Is this the one with the creepy things in the toilet?

I have f*cked up memories of this from a kid. My dad played it to me when I was about 6 and I've never seen it since but it stays in my memory. Don't some kids go to a house or something?
If it what I'm thinking of then i didn't know there was a second

Edit: just looked this up too and it is what I was thinking of lol

I also rememeber a film he played me with some girl that had some weird mirror in her room.

Oh and a film with a kid helping out some ghost. All I remember is the kids name was franky (I think)
Actually I can see the kid clearly in my head and I think he's the drug dealer in brick but grown up

I need to look up that one

Edit: it was him in it- the lady in white lol probably terrible but it freaked me out when i was a child

They messed me up when I was young lol

My dad did the same thing to me with this film when I was a kid lol and I haven't seen it since either.

I think I might have to get this one :)

Reactions: Flloydo
My dad did the same thing to me with this film when I was a kid lol and I haven't seen it since either.

I think I might have to get this one :)

Lol

He also did it with creepshow, nightmare on elm street and something else I can't remember (might of been something puppet master or hell raiser)

He hated sci fi though so films like alien and event horizon I found myself and messed myself up when I was a kid lol

Lol

He also did it with creepshow, nightmare on elm street and something else I can't remember (might of been something puppet master or hell raiser)

He hated sci fi though so films like alien and event horizon I found myself and messed myself up when I was a kid lol

I can remember a Sunday afternoon watching Alien with him and I couldn't have been older than 7 and having to make a run for it every so often lol

Hell raiser & Dracula (Frank Langella & Doctor Who) was another too, strange how my mother was never around when this happened :whistle:

I can remember a Sunday afternoon watching Alien with him and I couldn't have been older than 7 and having to make a run for it every so often lol

Hell raiser & Dracula (Frank Langella & Doctor Who) was another too, strange how my mother was never around when this happened :whistle:

I really wish my dad was into sci fi but I have my mum to thank for that but more family sci fi so she introduced me to Star Wars and that kind of thing, she was never a Star Trek fan thankfully so I never got Into that although she was a dr who fan but I never got into that anyway.

My mum was also not around when my dad was showing me these films either lol but then they divorced so when I went round my dads he didn't have to hide the gory films lol aslong as I kept my mouth shut when I went back home lol
Then me waking up having nightmares and my mum going mental at my dad lol she knew

Everything else like alien, predator etc I found by myself late at night watching tv in my room with the sound on extreme low so I could hear if she was coming up to my room. Controller in hand and a quick power off and pretend to be asleep lol
Or by going round mates for a sleepover and them raiding their dads VHS cupboard
Oh the memories

• Thanks
Reactions: milky and BDDB
I really wish my dad was into sci fi but I have my mum to thank for that but more family sci fi so she introduced me to Star Wars and that kind of thing, she was never a Star Trek fan thankfully so I never got Into that although she was a dr who fan but I never got into that anyway.

My mum was also not around when my dad was showing me these films either lol but then they divorced so when I went round my dads he didn't have to hide the gory films lol aslong as I kept my mouth shut when I went back home lol
Then me waking up having nightmares and my mum going mental at my dad lol she knew

Everything else like alien, predator etc I found by myself late at night watching tv in my room with the sound on extreme low so I could hear if she was coming up to my room. Controller in hand and a quick power off and pretend to be asleep lol
Or by going round mates for a sleepover and them raiding their dads VHS cupboard
Oh the memories

LOL I know what you mean one of fondest memories was a sleepover and four of us all huddled up in a basement bedroom watching Evil Dead 2 for the first time and purposefully scaring the baby Jesus out of each other as we watched it, no wonder it became my favourite horror.

Plenty watched on my own too, Elm St. Stands out for giving me nightmares (corny but true) and the Exorcist now that freaked me out and I think I was well into my teens by that point too.

• Thanks
Reactions: milky and Flloydo
LOL I know what you mean one of fondest memories was a sleepover and four of us all huddled up in a basement bedroom watching Evil Dead 2 for the first time and purposefully scaring the baby Jesus out of each other as we watched it, no wonder it became my favourite horror.

Plenty watched on my own too, Elm St. Stands out for giving me nightmares (corny but true) and the Exorcist now that freaked me out and I think I was well into my teens by that point too.

I remember one sleep over my mates dad sat with us and put on child's play lol love dads like that

Nah not corny at all, when your under I dunno 12ish then they are going to **** you up lol

But then that also makes it easier for when your older. In my teens I was absolutely fine watching horror becuase of it all........ Until I watched the first paranormal activity with a bunch of mates, we were 23/24 literally when It just came out and it absolutely messed me up. We was all in my room and they were all fine (half didn't like it anyway) and I asked them not to leave for a bit lol they just laughed and wound me up but it got me for a good year and couldn't watch any kind of horror on my own (except cabin fever lol and things like scream/ slasher films) I only watched it for the first time on my own about a year ago lol and I really like it but it does freak me out that film. Only because I find it quite real with the whole found footage.

And then when the new evil dead came out I had a free house (I had Moved back home) there was about 8 of us in my lounge (all 27 I think) and we were literally in bits watching it, not scared but just soooo violent and creepy (like the tounge bit and stuff), my mates GF who's a few years younger just had a pillow over face for the whole film lol. It is a gross film - we all still liked it though (except her)

I have never seen the exocsist!!!!! :wow::OMG:

Oh the original evil dead is another my dad showed me very young
I remember having nightmares of the girl in the basement - thinks it's daddy's going to find you or whatever she says)
Edit: were going to find you lol just googled it

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BDDB and cg2729
Seriously? Who's making these decisions - a 12 year old? 101 Films would do better to save their money and not waste their time! It will only rot away in the flash sales anyway, so best to save themselves the humiliation! Zavvi are like a bad smell of rotten eggs and fish, that tarnishes anyone who goes near them!

Also, why only the first two and not an all-in-one package featuring all four?

Reactions: luke98
I have memories like this- I think the film was called Troll. It involved a monster in a basement and it stabbed people with a ring and they turned into a forest!!!

I watched it over 30 years ago now, so I can't really remember - but some things stick

Anyone else remember this film? Or did I make it up?