Give-Away - Terminator 2 Japan Blu-ray SteelBook (CONCLUDED)

What is an acceptable cost difference between regular Blu-ray cases vs Steelbook™

• $5

Votes: 36 20.0%
  • $7

Votes: 57 31.7%
  • $10

Votes: 65 36.1%
  • $15

Votes: 22 12.2%
  • $5

• $7

• $10

• $15

• $5

• $7

• $10

• $15

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s definitely different for new releases. I think $5-7 is fair for those, but back catalogue stuff is normally peanuts on amray

Using Glaurung’s example above, TDK is £4 from Axel and the .jp release is about £30-32. Who here is stupid enough to buy the .jp release when they already have the amray…….me :lol:

Think Again

awesome! i dont care what the price difference is, if i want the steelbook, ill get it

This is a tough one, but I'll give you an example of how steels don't necessarily need to be more expensive: Scarface. I just picked up the American steelbook version of this one from Amazon for a paultry $12. This tells me that, while some releases will be expensive due to manufacturing costs, it is not logical to assume that all should be automatically priced higher.

Think about the Jurassic Park release as well. About $30 when I got it, and for that price you received discs that ended averaging $5 each.

Just my thoughts, but thanks for such a great question!

Matt

I voted $15 because the majority of the people on this site would gladly pay much more than $15 to have something a little more rare and special in their collection.

I think $10 is reasonable. Its not too much more but its still enough to differentiate it as a special edition at a premium for the collectors out there. This way not everyone buys the steelbook only the collectors and fans thereby actually making it a special edition. Too often you see the special edition label thrown around only to find its the only edition and the one that everyone bought... so its not really a special edition now is it!

Status
Not open for further replies.