泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: September 20, 2019
Purchase link: Group buy
Price: $99.99
Notes: 4K+2D+Bonus, 3 discs boxset edition. WEA steelbook

88802748-DC8C-42C2-9BAE-3303A8857715.jpegEB2F2981-CFA9-42D4-BF74-3077B9DC87B4.jpeg93B5A0AD-F424-471E-8B61-D5B8A8CD44BC.jpeg067C4F6C-F7AD-4DD8-92F7-B72CB64CAEF1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
damn. not really sure this trend of releasing the same movie from the same retailer for 4K even though it is another WEA

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316
Actually, I wouldn’t mind if it was exactly the same as the original release (FS at least). I never purchased it, and it’s virtually flawless design (infinitely better than this new FA), so a second run with 4K included would be perfect for everyone in my situation. Bring it on.

Last edited:
Love me some more Gladiator and yes I do own the original boxset & 1/4 slip from HDZ and will double dip but plz no more re-releases HDZ :whistle:

Last edited:
Yep, was hmmming and aaaring over the FAC WWA one but slightly more excited for this as I never got the original HDZ release and am mainly buying 4K or 3D now.

So no non-4K option again?!

Well I'm guessing the point of this release by HDZ is that it's a 4K release.

They have already done a release of Gladiator in normal Bluray.

That said, have to wait and see what the package includes I guess.

Now FA on the other hand, not sure why they haven't got a non-4K option as I don't believe they have a previous release.

Well I'm guessing the point of this release by HDZ is that it's a 4K release.

They have already done a release of Gladiator in normal Bluray.

That said, have to wait and see what the package includes I guess.

Now FA on the other hand, not sure why they haven't got a non-4K option as I don't believe they have a previous release.

Well if it turns out to be the same package aside from the disc then yes my comment would be invalid for this release.

Well if it turns out to be the same package aside from the disc then yes my comment would be invalid for this release.

Hmm maybe I misunderstood.

I guess it's not so good if it doesn't include the non 4K disc for those that actually want the package. Especially if they didn't get hold of the original release.

If it includes both then I assume that would be fine?

Film masterwork . . . its impact not lessened despite repeated viewings . . . its classic status assured indefinitely.

Would never say it's a bad thing to add another steelbook to the phalanx of GLADIATOR steelbooks already out there . . . only got the UK steelbook myself and that suffers from the issues of its day i.e. fully printed back and blue banner header (an issue affecting other editions too) . . . but that said it's still got that great front art:-

Steelbooks rated:-
#1 - Italy/HDZ (1st ed.)
#2 - UK
#3 - Italy etc./FA
#4 - US
#5 - Germany (Reel Heroes)
#6 - Universal 100th Anniversary/Germany (2nd ed.)
#7 - Germany (1st ed.)
#8 - Benelux
#9 - France

? HDZ (2nd ed.) ?

U.K. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Italy / HDZ (1st ed.) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Italy etc./ FA -----------------------------------------------------------------

upload_2018-3-20_12-36-0.png
upload_2018-3-20_12-32-35.png
upload_2018-3-20_13-49-34.png

U.S. (no inside art) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Germany Reel Heroes (no inside art) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
upload_2018-3-20_12-46-43.png
/
upload_2018-3-20_14-53-40.png
upload_2018-3-20_14-56-9.png

Universal100th Anniversary Edition (Germany 2nd ed., no inside art) ---------------------------- France (no inside art) ----------------------------------------- Benelux (same inside art as UK) -----------------------------Germany (1st ed., no inside art) -----
upload_2018-3-20_12-37-4.png
/
upload_2018-3-20_12-38-48.png
upload_2018-3-20_13-10-15.png
upload_2018-3-20_13-16-7.png

. . . but as they've decided to do it again would be nice to see some fresh artwork for a change . . .

• Helpful Post
Reactions: lgans316 and milky
Status
Not open for further replies.