泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: September 20, 2019
Purchase link: Group buy
Price: $99.99
Notes: 4K+2D+Bonus, 3 discs boxset edition. WEA steelbook

88802748-DC8C-42C2-9BAE-3303A8857715.jpegEB2F2981-CFA9-42D4-BF74-3077B9DC87B4.jpeg93B5A0AD-F424-471E-8B61-D5B8A8CD44BC.jpeg067C4F6C-F7AD-4DD8-92F7-B72CB64CAEF1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's just leave it guys. We don't need more people chiming in on this.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Lets move back on topic now....
It's messed up when people can't complain about a retailer incase they upset them!

It was always the other way round. What happened to 'the customer is always right'?

The harsh truth is HDZETA don't need HDN anymore as their stuff always sells out (without our help) anyway.

To be fair, their treatment of this forum in recent months has been very shoddy to say the least. So I can see where @SEAN3431476 is coming from.

But I've sucked it up, and I'll move on......
I also think to post something somebody said in a private PM on the public thread is a low blow and shows certain character.

Despite what the content was. There are other ways of dealing with that.....
Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Now back on topic....
:LOL:

Since we got some heavy hitters here, wanted to ask if you guys open up your premium editions, or keep them sealed. Just curious as to how other collectors appreciate the artwork/goodies.

Since we got some heavy hitters here, wanted to ask if you guys open up your premium editions, or keep them sealed. Just curious as to how other collectors appreciate the artwork/goodies.
I keep sealed 85-90% of my steelbooks. I'll for instance have 1 copy of each Best Buy & Zavvi 4K Marvel MCU and open one of them depending on if one has embossing or Gloss I'll open the inferior copy. I have only been opening certain 4K's over the last 6 months. I would almost never open a Filmarena, ML, Blufans, and so on. Only open Best Buy, Zavvi, HMV, Amazon, and so forth. You'll find it's close to 50/50 I think, just preference. I end up buying more 1/4 Slips as a result since I rotate what I'm showing off in my collection on my bookshelves.

Reactions: djjez83
I keep sealed 85-90% of my steelbooks. I'll for instance have 1 copy of each Best Buy & Zavvi 4K Marvel MCU and open one of them depending on if one has embossing or Gloss I'll open the inferior copy. I have only been opening certain 4K's over the last 6 months. I would almost never open a Filmarena, ML, Blufans, and so on. Only open Best Buy, Zavvi, HMV, Amazon, and so forth. You'll find it's close to 50/50 I think, just preference. I end up buying more 1/4 Slips as a result since I rotate what I'm showing off in my collection on my bookshelves.
What's the point of buying an expensive edition but not opening it?

I always think that people who buy copies but don't open them are doing some people out of a copy who actually want it to enjoy.

As I said before, it's like buying a car but then never driving it. You're just looking at it in the drive/garage. A waste of money if you ask me.

By the time these collectors sell them, they'll be worth the same as an open copy anyway, the value will have dropped that much (unless as Kili says, they are Hyenas and are looking to sell them on at a strategical time!!)

The same thing happened with DVD'S when Blu Rays came along. I had hundreds worth of collectible special/Ltd edition DVD's. Now I can't give them away!!!

I keep all editions sealed.
Because they know they will be selling off everything at some point in the future
nah, I want my items in the best condition as possible, so the only option is to keep them sealed.
My OCD level is over 9000
giphy.gif

I hate loose discs, rips in the seal ...even scratches on the seal.

Sure, many sealed collectors keep them sealed to sell them for big money in the future, but I keep them sealed, because of my OCD.

• Friendly
nah, I want my items in the best condition as possible, so the only option is to keep them sealed.

Sure, many sealed collectors keep them sealed to sell them for big money in the future, but I keep them sealed, because of my OCD.

This annoys me aswell. Your essentially collecting packaging/cellophane then and not the actual item inside it.

Why not collect say, biscuits or chocolate bars or anything for that matter that had no rips or tears in it!!!! :rolleyes: :p

• Haha
Reactions: milky and Hereticz
I keep all editions sealed.

giphy.gif

Dont you ever feel like you're missing out on what's inside of the seal though? I mean there's some truly stunning steelbooks out there which even the best pictures dont do true justice to

Aaaand the classic sealed - open debate again. Although Im totally with you guys, it is pointless to argue with them "sealed collectors" as we will never understand this. It is beyond me to collect so many expensive editions only because of outside artwork and keep them sealed and never really enjoy insides, steelbook, movie etc....

I give up :rofl:

I always think that people who buy copies but don't open them are doing some people out of a copy who actually want it to enjoy.
You're implying those that buy to keep sealed don't enjoy them. I would say that's a mistake.
But anyway, if those people that obtained them to keep them sealed did so following the rules, then those others that wanted a copy "to enjoy" should have been faster.
As I said before, it's like buying a car but then never driving it. You're just looking at it in the drive/garage. A waste of money if you ask me.
Funny you would bring cars up. The most collectible/expensive cars (not counting racing cars) are barely driven. They are mostly admired by the owner and friends (and youtubers) in the luxury of their own heated garages (air chamber is optional).
By the time these collectors sell them, they'll be worth the same as an open copy anyway, the value will have dropped that much (unless as Kili says, they are Hyenas and are looking to sell them on at a strategical time!!)
Maybe, maybe not.
The same thing happened with DVD'S when Blu Rays came along. I had hundreds worth of collectible special/Ltd edition DVD's. Now I can't give them away!!!
If BD ends up being the last physical disc format we see then IMO it will not end up as bad as the DVD vs BD price drop.

You're implying those that buy to keep sealed don't enjoy them. I would say that's a mistake.
But anyway, if those people that obtained them to keep them sealed did so following the rules, then those others that wanted a copy "to enjoy" should have been faster.
Funny you would bring cars up. The most collectible/expensive cars (not counting racing cars) are barely driven. They are mostly admired by the owner and friends (and youtubers) in the luxury of their own heated garages (air chamber is optional).
Maybe, maybe not.

If BD ends up being the last physical disc format we see then IMO it will not end up as bad as the DVD vs BD price drop.

isnt the price drop also or even mostly related to G1 vs G2 steelbooks? nothing stops you from putting your 4k or 8k BLU RAY disc into a 2k steelbook...

Reactions: DMD4k
Status
Not open for further replies.