泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: September 20, 2019
Purchase link: Group buy
Price: $99.99
Notes: 4K+2D+Bonus, 3 discs boxset edition. WEA steelbook

88802748-DC8C-42C2-9BAE-3303A8857715.jpegEB2F2981-CFA9-42D4-BF74-3077B9DC87B4.jpeg93B5A0AD-F424-471E-8B61-D5B8A8CD44BC.jpeg067C4F6C-F7AD-4DD8-92F7-B72CB64CAEF1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't it mentioned recently (right about the time when the preorder for Saving Private Ryan came about) that this was scheduled for a release next month?

That's probably right @C.C. 95
I've been patiently waiting for this one.
Sorry to hear that. That's a let down. I can sympathize. Your best bet:
You can either find a sale copy of the FA from a member....OR, find someone selling one of the earlier HDZ editions (or box set).
I was passing on both (FA & HDZ) since I had the earlier HDZ box set (and I am happy to just put a 4K disc into one of those steeelbooks).

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Yep, I've already looked into those options as well.
I was most interested in seeing the new artwork they were supposed to be releasing.
I hope we get an official confirmation either way here before taking any further steps.

If it's just a licensing issue, can't that be fixed and still release this even at a later date? I have to assume a month before "launch" most of the work is done.

Yep, I've already looked into those options as well.
I was most interested in seeing the new artwork they were supposed to be releasing.
I hope we get an official confirmation either way here before taking any further steps.

If it's just a licensing issue, can't that be fixed and still release this even at a later date? I have to assume a month before "launch" most of the work is done.
Hard to say. Criterion loses licenses and movies drop out of their library occasionally because of that.
Maybe HDZ just assumed they still had an active license when it had lapsed.
One of the other reasons I had little interest was the new Interstellar 4K set they put out looks almost identical to the old one- and I assumed that Gladiator might take the same route.

Patience will be my master. Zeta will end up doing this when the issues are finally resolved. For now, the OG one click will suffice and my wallet will have a Red bull gives you wings celebration.

One of the other reasons I had little interest was the new Interstellar 4K set they put out looks almost identical to the old one- and I assumed that Gladiator might take the same route.
That may be true. However, I had interpreted they would be doing a different WEA for the steel not only the slips. Also almost as important, they would have the chance of dropping the O-rings this time around.

Hopefully we'll get HDZ official word on this soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.