泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: September 20, 2019
Purchase link: Group buy
Price: $99.99
Notes: 4K+2D+Bonus, 3 discs boxset edition. WEA steelbook

88802748-DC8C-42C2-9BAE-3303A8857715.jpegEB2F2981-CFA9-42D4-BF74-3077B9DC87B4.jpeg93B5A0AD-F424-471E-8B61-D5B8A8CD44BC.jpeg067C4F6C-F7AD-4DD8-92F7-B72CB64CAEF1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My OC arrived last Friday, I hadn't bothered to check the tracking since it shipped but it did seem to take an unusually long time for a HDZ shipment (22 days in total :wow:). I didn't even notice until after I opened the package, that it had in fact already been opened by customs! :angry: The tape on the foam block had been cut open and the OC Box inside unsealed (n) First of all I just thought HDZ had sent me an unsealed Box lol, but it was then I noticed the different Chinese tape across the bottom of the box where it had already been opened/resealed (says "China postal express & logistics" on it). I also found crumpled up shrink wrap and gold label sticker in the bottom of the box :facepalm: I thought if customs had been at it they'd make it more obvious and say put a sticker on the box to show it had been opened/inspected or something, but looking at the tracking now it did stop for around 2 weeks and states "security return" and "exported directly sealed" ?? :confused:

Fortunately everything seems fine though, with only a small amount of scuffing to the bottom of the Box Lenti, which I can live with and may well have been there prior to opening anyway. The editions inside are still sealed too, but damn, what a collector's nightmare! o_O OCD keep-sealers would be beside themselves lol (@djjez83 @TheCollector86 :p). Luckily I planned on opening it anyway but I obviously prefer to open stuff myself :rolleyes: The almost 5 years I've been collecting I've never experienced anything like this.

that was painful to read. when you started saying they had opened it. i started to shake and get sweats :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Haha
Reactions: Mickle_89
I’ve had 2 packages twice opened by customs. One they opened and sealed up and second they actually opened one of the premium steels. I think they are just standard selected routine checks to see that nothing is suspicious inside as opposed to disagreeing with the declaration value. Didn’t get stung at all.

Reactions: Sigill
My OC arrived last Friday, I hadn't bothered to check the tracking since it shipped but it did seem to take an unusually long time for a HDZ shipment (22 days in total :wow:). I didn't even notice until after I opened the package, that it had in fact already been opened by customs! :angry: The tape on the foam block had been cut open and the OC Box inside unsealed (n) First of all I just thought HDZ had sent me an unsealed Box lol, but it was then I noticed the different Chinese tape across the bottom of the box where it had already been opened/resealed (says "China postal express & logistics" on it). I also found crumpled up shrink wrap and gold label sticker in the bottom of the box :facepalm: I thought if customs had been at it they'd make it more obvious and say put a sticker on the box to show it had been opened/inspected or something, but looking at the tracking now it did stop for around 2 weeks and states "security return" and "exported directly sealed" ?? :confused:

Fortunately everything seems fine though, with only a small amount of scuffing to the bottom of the Box Lenti, which I can live with and may well have been there prior to opening anyway. The editions inside are still sealed too, but damn, what a collector's nightmare! o_O OCD keep-sealers would be beside themselves lol (@djjez83 @TheCollector86 :p). Luckily I planned on opening it anyway but I obviously prefer to open stuff myself :rolleyes: The almost 5 years I've been collecting I've never experienced anything like this.

Funny that you didn’t get hit for customs once they saw the contents. Sorry they opened your box mate, that is so annoying. If you were opening it anyway it takes the sting off it but it is still very frustrating. :(

I’ve had 2 packages twice opened by customs. One they opened and sealed up and second they actually opened one of the premium steels. I think they are just standard selected routine checks to see that nothing is suspicious inside as opposed to disagreeing with the declaration value. Didn’t get stung at all.
I think so too, but I also thought that's what their X-ray machines are for, to detect suspicious articles inside packages. So I assume my box wasn't X-rayed then, as what would look so suspicious in there if they did? Movie disks, booklet, cards etc... :confused::confused: Like why would they insist on removing the seal and physically checking inside otherwise lol?

I think so too, but I also thought that's what their X-ray machines are for, to detect suspicious articles inside packages. So I assume my box wasn't X-rayed then, as what would look so suspicious in there if they did? Movie disks, booklet, cards etc... :confused::confused: Like why would they insist on removing the seal and physically checking inside otherwise lol?

It’s just a random check mate, yours was the unlucky bunch that was hand selected at random just to have the privilege of ripping up the seal before you did lol

• Thanks
Funny that you didn’t get hit for customs once they saw the contents. Sorry they opened your box mate, that is so annoying. If you were opening it anyway it takes the sting off it but it is still very frustrating. :(
Thanks buddy. I take solace in knowing it could have been a lot worse lol, and they could have opened everything and/or cause damage etc... I can't imagine customs officers handling stuff like this with much care :cautious:
Because it was not opened by UK customs, it was opened in China.
@Mickle_89 you got lucky, mine didn't even make it out of the country. Returned to sender :banghead: :blackeye:
You make a valid point, I did think about why was it stopped/opened in China opposed to UK, so that must be why I didn't get stung with customs charges yes.

Sorry to hear yours was returned to sender bud, but at least you can rest assured you should eventually be receiving a brand/new sealed copy.

Reactions: DMD4k and Sigill
Because it was not opened by UK customs, it was opened in China.
@Mickle_89 you got lucky, mine didn't even make it out of the country. Returned to sender :banghead: :blackeye:

Even if it was opened in the UK it’s unlikely they will sting you for customs unless it’s a blatant Rolex gold watching hiding inside the boxset!

The UK are very relaxed and it’s not like other EU countries. In all honesty they couldn’t really care and be bothered with the Paperwork, as long as it’s not prohibited items and hiding anything of significant value 99% time you are good.

All this probably change after brexit I bet.

Reactions: DMD4k
Sorry to hear yours was returned to sender bud, but at least you can rest assured you should eventually be receiving a brand/new sealed copy.
Not ideal but I'm sure the GB hosts will take care of it and it'll eventually get to leave the country.

Reactions: willbar84
Anybody have pics or video of the special pack contents? I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.