GA
Release date: May 14, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $24.99
SKU: 6338663

g.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I wonder if this will be true 4k unlike the “4K” U.K. release from a few years ago.

The "Mastered in 4K" titles from Sony back then were before there was an UltraHD Blu-ray standard so Sony squeezed a little more color information on a Blu-ray and supposedly matched the downscaling of the 4K master to the upscaling done by the player to have "more accurate" 4K upscaling. Anyway, Sony has a proper 4K master of this and it can already be streamed in 4K (without the HDR + Atmos remix) in some markets.

Should look great.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles
Someone on Reddit got theirs early. The eye is white and not bare metal.

Yes, it’s not the old SteelBook. New rear art and spot gloss finish! No internal art, just dark blue color, but that doesn’t matter to me much. Metallic effects on the eye are much better too.

Also watching the UHD and it looks great but WOW this is probably the best Atmos remix I’ve heard. So good.

paJFPUKh.jpg

Forgot to add it yesterday but here’s the inside and discs if anyone wanted to see. Could be better but the outside alone makes it a worthy upgrade. That and the UHD disc being another top tier catalogue UHD from Sony with probably their best Atmos remix too.

QMt8q37h.jpg