Godzilla (2014) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: March 23, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

BB_Godzilla_4K.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One offer on Ebay and price is high as ridicously high. Lul.
Just a question regarding possible group buy if it'll happen. Do ppl outside USA have to pay import fees or not?
I mean i know on Ebay if you buy item which is sent through global shipping program u don't need to pay any extra customs or import fees when item arrives in your country.
Is that also case here?

Just a question regarding possible group buy if it'll happen. Do ppl outside USA have to pay import fees or not?
I mean i know on Ebay if you buy item which is sent through global shipping program u don't need to pay any extra customs or import fees when item arrives in your country.
Is that also case here?

Not sure where you live, but if you were to purchase from ebay right this moment, and live in the UK you should be charged VAT, and that's because of the BREXIT changes to importing.

There is no longer a 15 GBP exception for items going into the UK. Everything below 135 GBP has to be paid in advance, anything above 135 GBP can be assessed at the time
of the package arriving in the UK.

Things are a lot different for UK folks now.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Is that also case here?

I mark a low value, if it gets grabbed by your local customs office, that's out of my control.

Reactions: IRON MAN
I'll definitely go after steelbook. Own 3D steelbook from 2014, but i'll upgrade for this one. Prices will drop down sooner or later near release date for sure.
I don't even think about ordering this with skyrocket of price on ebay for example right now.

One question: are they obliged to place all that text in back of the steelbook?
Anybody knows?
Not obliged to put a slab of text on the back

For example THE EXORCIST from October 2019 or BLADE from November 2017 ...
1612357110458.png
1612357270719.png

... not forgetting that when Blu-ray steelbooks first appeared in the UK in May 2008 the back of the steel was fully printed with text and images as there was no J-card or O-ring provided.
For example: SWEENEY TODD in May 2008
1612352907965.png

In June 2009 TERMINATOR 2 was the first UK steel to have an O-ring ...
1612354087090.png

... and in November 2009 STAR TREK XI was the first UK steel to have a printed information card on the back ...
1612356184768.png

... and in March 2010 the first UK steel to have a J-card was 2012 ...
1612356617482.png

... but, despite these innovations, fully printed backs did not completely die out until after RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD in June 2012
1612354651339.png

Not obliged to put a slab of text on the back

For example THE EXORCIST from October 2019 or BLADE from November 2017 ...
View attachment 497370 View attachment 497371
... not forgetting that when Blu-ray steelbooks first appeared in the UK in May 2008 the back of the steel was fully printed with text and images as there was no J-card or O-ring provided.
For example: SWEENEY TODD in May 2008
View attachment 497361
In June 2009 TERMINATOR 2 was the first UK steel to have an O-ring ...
View attachment 497363
... and in November 2009 STAR TREK XI was the first UK steel to have a printed information card on the back ...
View attachment 497368
... and in March 2010 the first UK steel to have a J-card was 2012 ...
View attachment 497369

... but, despite these innovations, fully printed backs did not completely die out until after RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD in June 2012
View attachment 497365
Wow, amazing.
Thanks for the "master class", virkia.

Reactions: virkia
Not sure where you live, but if you were to purchase from ebay right this moment, and live in the UK you should be charged VAT, and that's because of the BREXIT changes to importing.

There is no longer a 15 GBP exception for items going into the UK. Everything below 135 GBP has to be paid in advance, anything above 135 GBP can be assessed at the time
of the package arriving in the UK.

Things are a lot different for UK folks now.
What about Europe countries? I can confirm eBay for us European, on USA Listings is showing always the Global Shipping Program

This Best Buy Steelbook has been OOS for at least the last 2-3 weeks online and no store I've seen has it In Stock.
So if you want one and can find it for a reasonable price I would do so. Sort of surprised a catalog title from 2014 was this popular, they must have had a smallish print run

This Best Buy Steelbook has been OOS for at least the last 2-3 weeks online and no store I've seen has it In Stock.
So if you want one and can find it for a reasonable price I would do so. Sort of surprised a catalog title from 2014 was this popular, they must have had a smallish print run

It hasn't been released yet. Not until Tuesday March 23rd. Most SteelBooks at Best Buy go out of stock online before release day now but come back in stock around 1 a.m. Eastern time Tuesday morning (release day). At that time you can usually place orders for shipping or in-store pick-up.

It will also be available in some stores on release day as well.

This has been standard operating procedure for Best Buy in the U.S. since some time last year.

It hasn't been released yet. Not until Tuesday March 23rd. Most SteelBooks at Best Buy go out of stock online before release day now but come back in stock around 1 a.m. Eastern time Tuesday morning (release day). At that time you can usually place orders for shipping or in-store pick-up.

It will also be available in some stores on release day as well.

This has been standard operating procedure for Best Buy in the U.S. since some time last year.
I didn't remember exactly what time it was the day of but many times they do have copies back In Stock day of, TY for the close to exact time.
I preordered a copy a while ago but there already selling for double on eBay might have to pick up a spare.
King of the Monsters copies are going for about $150, wish I had grabbed an extra copy of that back when it came out 18 months ago, not that I think this will be worth what KOTM is selling for.
I own a copy and can't figure out why KOTM is worth so much, I know the "final movie" is coming out but there must be more of a reason? Plus they won't stop at this upcoming one, to much cash to just stop making Godzilla movies!