Godzilla: King of the Monsters (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

frankfish44

Cule
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: August 27, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

1563720940797.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No, this is not the worst
yeah current zavvi one is worst

I’ve got ask-
What don’t you like about the Zavvi Steelbook?
It’s an actual illustration that is very vibrant colors. Matched with the same style of Ghidorah on the opposite side it frames the characters well with some pretty dynamic composition.

This one is just a single solitary color over a faded profile of Godzilla’s upper torso. With the title (also in blue) dead center in the middle of the design. Nothing about this pops- there’s no color contrast, there’s no symmetry, and it just comes across as very flat to me. To me, this feels like a design student’s first or second iteration- something that would be going back to the drawing board a few times before EVENTUALLY coming out more like the 2014 Godzilla Steelbook that was just released.

yeah current zavvi one is worst
Godzilla’s upper torso with the title dead center in the middle of the design. Nothing about this pops- there’s no color contrast, there’s no symmetry, and it just comes across as very flat to me. To me, this feels like a design student’s first or second iteration- something that would be going back to the drawing board a few times before EVENTUALLY coming out more like the 2014 Godzilla Steelbook that was just released.
Yeah, I tend to agree with @nekromantik the UK edition is the worst and @FN-2187 the same could be said about the UK edition. Just the upper torso, logo across Godzilla, awful colors too. Looks like a kid scribbled on a steelbook.

I think this would look ok next to the FYE exclusive. But agree it’s kind of plain

1563750739769.png

video says slight gloss so its spot gloss and then matte.
lets see if the other SBs of this have better finish

my steel of G14 from Taiwan was debossed and was amazing.
sad this one is not
I will double dip if a premium edition comes out

They shipped me copy with damaged corner. No quality control View attachment 444307View attachment 444308

Well no there wouldn't be any quality control from Best Buy. It's up to the customer to decide if something they receive is "damaged" and choose to return it. Nobody in the shipping department is going to make that decision. It's up to the returns department to make that decision if it gets shipped back to them.