Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Godzilla: King of Monsters

Tagline: God help us all.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Michael Dougherty

Cast: Vera Farmiga, Kyle Chandler, Ken Watanabe, Sally Hawkins, Millie Bobby Brown, Bradley Whitford, Charles Dance, Zhang Ziyi, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Thomas Middleditch, Aisha Hinds, Anthony Ramos, Randall P. Havens, Jonathan Howard, Elizabeth Ludlow, Van Marten, Lyle Brocato

Release: 2019-03-20

Plot: The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths—rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.

Attachments

• godzilla.png
    godzilla.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,725
  • Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
Wish this were true! Would be so rad! ...But I have a feeling unless Godzilla vs Kong cleans up at the Box Office. It might be the end of Monsterverse after that.
Each film has seen diminishing returns it seems...

Godzilla (2014) - $93,188,384

Kong Skull Island - $61,025,472

Godzilla: KotM - $47,776,293

But for this one, I blame the studio for shoving it in such a heavy release time. In between Aladdin and Dark Phoenix / Secret Life of Pets 2.
Its going to get creamed coming up here. It only won the weekend because of its Thurs Night/Fri gross. Aladdin beat it on Sat and Sun (which is NOT a good sign going forward).

My prediction for next weekend:
1. Secret Life of Pets 2
2. Dark Phoenix
3. Aladdin
4. Godzilla
5. Rocketman
Very surprising IMO. Out of all those films mentioned, I expected this to be the biggest in all honesty... not only because it's FREAKIN' GODZILLA, but I also reckon it had the best trailers/posters/strong promo. Shame to see it's not doing so well at the box office. :(

Very surprising IMO. Out of all those films mentioned, I expected this to be the biggest in all honesty... not only because it's FREAKIN' GODZILLA, but I also reckon it had the best trailers/posters/strong promo. Shame to see it's not doing so well at the box office. :(

Probably a mixture of poor word of mouth and reviews. I'm not telling my mates that they HAVE to see it at the cinema.

Probably a mixture of poor word of mouth and reviews. I'm not telling my mates that they HAVE to see it at the cinema.
Ugh, I wish people would just judge for themselves. If I like the look/sound of something, then you can bet your ass I'll see it, no matter what anyone else says.

@tridon @Noodles I though this was AWESOME! :cool: :notworthy: :thumbs:

I finally had the chance to watch a late show of it last night on the AVX DBOX and it was really awesome! The monster battles were massive and intense. The human cast of characters were enjoyable enough, though I think I preferred the characters from the first film.

Serizawa's death was really sad. I hated that he had to die, but it was poetic how he went out alongside Godzilla. That was really great.

That said, I did HATE how Sally Hawkins' Dr. Graham died. I loved her character in the first film and the little bit that she appears in here. She was Serizawa's protege and could've continued his legacy. Very bummed that she died.

I also expected more from Mothra and disliked how she died, too.

If you like Tokyo S.O.S., Final Wars and GMK.
You'll love Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019). It's like the U.S. version of those films.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon