Everywhere
Release date: June 14, 2021
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £30

9150lZNLzuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81OWj1zPc+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81YAru+3lkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81OcmEf3ECL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Watched it last night. I honestly loved it for what it is. It genuinely don’t disappoint in the action department. The CGI and visuals are incredibly beautiful throughout and had so much going on for the fans that Wingard pulled it off with ease.

For me it’s easily the best in the series and features so much action and little of the annoying human element like the previous 3 (the human element completely ruins the Godzilla and KotM movies, don’t mind them in skull island though). All I want from these films are action and although the first film has some decent action and CGI it’s ruined by the humans and very little fighting (just like Pacific rim) as well as it taking about 90 mins to finally see Godzilla. KotM had great visuals and some decent rucks but again ruined by the human stories. Skull island was just fun for me and looked great. But this defo takes the top spot for me and It had a perfect runtime too

Godzilla vs Kong > Skull Island > KotM > Godzilla

Exactly! These movies are about monsters, humans are in second line, so this Godzilla vs Kong is really a winner from all those 4. People complaining about not care and not feel with characters much, but If there is more time given to this element, there wouldnt be enough of the monsters and their fights on the other hand. Unless the flick would have been -+3 hours long and both elements could get same proper and deep care, but that could happen only in hands of a real master director, coz it could easily end up being total crap :D. The style of Godzilla vs Kong suits me absolute best, it´s great, not much time for human cliche, just proper brutal mega fights.

I must give a rewatch to Godzilla 2014 coz I dont remember much, but so far it looks the GvK is top in this new age monster family :)

You've been on the weed again haven't you? :naughty::LOL::rofl:

LOL

I do like Godzilla and KotM visually and for the action but the human element always bores me in these kinds of films. And I thought that was tackled better (not great) but better in skull island.

Exactly! These movies are about monsters, humans are in second line, so this Godzilla vs Kong is really a winner from all those 4. People complaining about not care and not feel with characters much, but If there is more time given to this element, there wouldnt be enough of the monsters and their fights on the other hand. Unless the flick would have been -+3 hours long and both elements could get same proper and deep care, but that could happen only in hands of a real master director, coz it could easily end up being total crap :D. The style of Godzilla vs Kong suits me absolute best, it´s great, not much time for human cliche, just proper brutal mega fights.

I must give a rewatch to Godzilla 2014 coz I dont remember much, but so far it looks the GvK is top in this new age monster family :)

yeah man. In 2 hours I’m glad the focus wasn’t on the humans for once. Obviously you need it but that element was just handled so much better in this because the majority of the film is about the big guys. I agree with what you say completely and with the 3+ other mark with certain directors. And I think Wingard did a great job with a 2 hour monster epic. Sometimes in these kinds of films, when they enter into the emotions of the human characters it just feels too cheesy and cliche especially when everything is getting destroyed with destruction all around but main characters stay alive it just bugs me. A bit like the girl from stranger things and Kyle Chandler in KotM And then in this but that just had less focus in this so it felt better. GvK is certainly top for me

I really wish zavvi released steels for Godzilla and KotM like their WEA skull island a few years back. And then for this down the line for a complete set

I must be in the minority here, but I found Godzilla (the 2014 film) really boring. There was nothing bad about it as such, there was just little entertaining about it either to be honest.

KoM is a weaker film for many reasons, but It was much more "fun" in my eyes, and I did actually enjoy it. Plenty more showy "wow, cool" moments too, which is 90% the point of the flick.

Skull Island was a bit daft in parts, and didn't follow through on enough plot points about kong's history (same could be said about GvK as well). Otherwise the cast were great, it was certainly enjoyable and I'll happily keep rewatching it.

GvK was a decent enough mix of the two and personally I'm glad it was more about kong. It'd been nice if the cast were more on par with Skull Island, went more indepth on kong's underground history and contained some more of the titans (did they just all f**king dissappear or what!?) from KoM.

I doubt I'll ever watch Godzilla again and just start with Kong for this verse. I feel like there's nothing of real value it adds to the series (in terms of plot or history) that KoM doesn't cover.

What is the thing with Amazon Preorders?... unless you are located where is Amazon from you are unable to preorder anything until very last second. So if it is sold out you are out of luck. Is this a new thing there?

What is the thing with Amazon Preorders?... unless you are located where is Amazon from you are unable to preorder anything until very last second. So if it is sold out you are out of luck. Is this a new thing there?
That's pretty much it, yes. It's been the case for nearly a year now in most countries. It's due to do covid and postal restrictions. They cannot guarantee the item will be able to ship to you at point of release that far out, so restricted preorders until nearer the time when they feel they can.

It's amazon though, I can't remember the last time a steelbook sold out at preorder stage and didn't come back into stock after release. So I genuinely wouldn't worry about it.

That's pretty much it, yes. It's been the case for nearly a year now in most countries. It's due to do covid and postal restrictions. They cannot guarantee the item will be able to ship to you at point of release that far out, so restricted preorders until nearer the time when they feel they can.

It's amazon though, I can't remember the last time a steelbook sold out at preorder stage and didn't come back into stock after release. So I genuinely wouldn't worry about it.
Some of the Doctor Who titles?

it is not only about the steelbooks as i do collect LEs from Arrow and others and some went out of stock before release date.

Back art look like they gonna kiss :shipped:
For what it's worth, movie is quite entertaining minus the human interaction. Still would like to add it to my collection, but not with this art. I hope Germany gives us something better again.

@Noodles @Jaxxx @Tompa

Today this not-yet-released item (and many others) can again be ordered from Amazon UK to destinations outside UK. Obviously I can only attest shipping to Finland, but I'm assuming it would be the same elsewhere.

Yesterday the same items couldn't be pre-ordered.
No Finnish subs, just FYI. Also no Danish, no Swedish and no Norwegian. You will have a disc shared with Italy to my reckons

Don't like the art for this set. It just looks like they are bluffing..... for 3 times.
If they change any pic of three, it might be better.