Godzilla vs. Kong (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: June 15, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $36.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

c.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The Best Buy edition will be the same artwork as the UK one from Amazon apparently (just in case anyone was hoping it would be different)

I haven't seen the movie but I don't understand why people don't seem to like this SteelBook. I think it looks great. Nice and colourful.

Release date is Jun 15, 2021.

They should switch back and front artwork.
Beside, wonga artwork is best!
I'll go with UK one prob. But for collection i'm hoping for some WEA.

It's colorful yes, but is the choice of the artwork for me. I don't like it. There are some really great posters but they went with this

Because the poster arts rights will be purchased by the "premium" retailers and not wasted on WWA SteelBooks.

Poster arts are also used on standard amaray releases for movies.

Reactions: BluCrazy2
Because the poster arts rights will be purchased by the "premium" retailers and not wasted on WWA SteelBooks.

Poster arts are also used on standard amaray releases for movies.
That's the reason (for me as well) they should switch around the amarray and the Steelbook arts (as usually have to).

Reactions: Leafs17
The little piece of building in the upper right irks me but maybe it wouldn't look balanced if they took it out.

The little piece of building in the upper right irks me but maybe it wouldn't look balanced if they took it out.
I never even noticed that until now but I get it. I feel the same way about looking up at the bottom of Kong's foot. I don't really get the artwork choice on the front but the colors look nice.

Reactions: Leafs17 and Shark