Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Walmart Exclusive) [USA]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Walmart
Price: $34.96

Godzilla-X-Kong-The-New-Empire-Steelbook-Walmart-Exclusive-4K-Ultra-HD-Blu-Ray-Digital-Copy_4...jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought all of the other steelbooks from the monsterverse films, but the last few releases have gotten so bad that I just can't imagine how this can be a good movie. It didn't help that scenes in the trailers (to me) look like cartoons because of the over-the-top CGI and the Michael Bay all-action/explosion but no interesting plot format. I know that I'm an old fart, so I might end up passing on this one. We'll see, I guess.

The preview trailer for this looks awful to me. I'm getting the feeling that I'm about to experience another Batman and Robin scenario that sends me in a catatonic state. That goofy little Kong looks suspiciously like an attempt at marketing to younger children.

I'll probably give this a chance, but if I'm looking for cheesy Kong and Godzilla material, I'll go with King Kong vs Godzilla from the early 70s. At least my childhood recollections carry me thru.

How come Godzilla now has radioactive pink power all of a sudden?
It's been a while since I re-watched the other films.
Wonder if this is explained in the movie.