Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Release date: January, 2016
Print run: 2000
Price: TBA
Extra's: Full Slipcover (500) or Lenticular Slipcover (1500) and bonus cards.

In hands pictures (Thanks to @pbtour4il)
DSC_1609.JPG DSC_1610.JPG DSC_1611.JPG

Full Slip:
01.jpg 02.jpg

Lenticular Slip:
10.jpg 12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The real winner of this is the steelbook, imo, but of the two options of slips, i think the fullslip is the one to go with.
I just got my fullslip, which is great, but it's nothing special. Artwork is good, but nothing that screams premium release quality. (still dont like the blufans spine banner, but i can get over that)

I really wish the lenti had something similar to the digipack but with the news headlines changing as you move the lenti. That could've been quite interesting.

All in all, the fullslip is nice and fits the tone of this film well.

The real winner of this is the steelbook, imo, but of the two options of slips, i think the fullslip is the one to go with.
I just got my fullslip, which is great, but it's nothing special. Artwork is good, but nothing that screams premium release quality. (still dont like the blufans spine banner, but i can get over that)

I really wish the lenti had something similar to the digipack but with the news headlines changing as you move the lenti. That could've been quite interesting.

I had a hard time myself choosing which one to get, but in the end I got the lenti so it goes with the other Blufans I have which are all lentis.

But I agree, the fullslip is the much better looking one. I wish they did something similar with the lenti using the art for the fullslip and then make it lenticular with the art they used on the back of the steelbook. Would've been better.

Reactions: Raggle Fraggle!
My fullslip edition arrived the other day but opened tonight, the slip does its job, the steel itself is nice (really like the debossing), as for the film... Well I can't quite decide whether it was a 9/10 or a 6/10, certainly had me hooked from start to finish albeit did leave me feeling unfulfilled at the end...

Agree, I like my fullslip as the color scheme is the same as the steelbook. It just works!

I had a hard time myself choosing which one to get, but in the end I got the lenti so it goes with the other Blufans I have which are all lentis.

But I agree, the fullslip is the much better looking one. I wish they did something similar with the lenti using the art for the fullslip and then make it lenticular with the art they used on the back of the steelbook. Would've been better.
The lenti is nice IMO also, an ambitious shift changing lenti that catches the feel of the movie like Kimchidvd's ESotsm. It's a win win with both editions! Be happy!

the lenticular looks great in hand, but both of my steelbooks has micro scratches on the back :/
what about yours guys?

Mine turned up today, minty fresh. Had a thorough look too considering how glossy the little bugger.

Bloody gorgeous this one, well worth it, much, much better in hand than the mock up.

Completely agree with that. I have the glossy full slip and I think it's great, and the lenti looks great too, but that steel is something else. Stunner!

Oh how I wish blufans would do the full Fincher catalogue :dunno:

David Fincher's films are always interesting. I wouldn't put "Gone Girl" in the same league as "Se7en" or "Fight Club" but it's still worth viewing more than once to see a master craftsman at work. Even his second best efforts are superior to the best efforts of many other directors.

Exactly this ^

I do however think Gone Girl is in the same league as Se7en & Fight Club. Not better, but in that league. I think for a movie to give away 'the big twist' mid-way through and not reach it's climax is sheer testament to Fincher.

Considering this is lifted directly from the novel I'm not sure how you can't credit author/screenwriter Gillian Flynn for this.

Because I didn't watch the book, I watched the movie. I am well aware of the book and Flynn's contribution to the screenplay, however, the direction and perfectly paced movie is solely down to Fincher, not Flynn. This film in lesser hands could have been all kinds of trashy, but Fincher masterfully crafted a pretty much perfect movie in my opinion. That has nothing to do with Flynn.