Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: 2nd of November, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

gone1.JPG

gone2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still happy with this, yes could of been better but it's a nice finish and the spot gloss looks great

Maybe I need to go to Specsavers but I've held this steelbook under different lighting and still cannot see the spot glossing on the title that others refer to . . .

Maybe I need to go to Specsavers but I've held this steelbook under different lighting and still cannot see the spot glossing on the title that others refer to . . .
You can see it in the pics on the last page. The Title definatly has a gloss effect although it can't help the Steelbook which does look poor.

From @pbtour4il 's angled close-ups - taken with a flash? - there looks to be a sheen on the title that is not there on "Nicholas Cage" for example and I presume this is put down to the partial coating with a transparent glossy lacquer or spot gloss that others are referring to ?
On other pics it's not so evident, but for me it's the selective shading around the "60" that makes it stand out and not a shiny lacquer that I can't make out on my copy in normal lighting conditions.
Anyway, I've messaged Scanavo about this and hope to be enlightened, as the whole thing, title and all, looks matte to me.
In the meantime if anyone else has ordered this and has in in front of them I'd appreciate it if you could confirm the spot glossing on the title as I can't make it out . . . on this occasion.

EDIT 9/11: I couldn't see it but it IS there according to the reply from Scanavo:-
"Hi Nicholas,
Thank you for your interest in Steelbook.
I can confirm that "Gone in 60 Seconds" has spot gloss varnish on the title treatment.
Have a nice day.
Best regards "

Last edited:
From @pbtour4il 's angled close-ups - taken with a flash? - there looks to be a sheen on the title that is not there on "Nicholas Cage" for example and I presume this is put down to the partial coating with a transparent glossy lacquer or spot gloss that others are referring to ?
On other pics it's not so evident, but for me it's the selective shading around the "60" that makes it stand out and not a shiny lacquer that I can't make out on my copy in normal lighting conditions.
Anyway, I've messaged Scanavo about this and hope to be enlightened, as the whole thing, title and all, looks matte to me.
In the meantime if anyone else has ordered this and has in in front of them I'd appreciate it if you could confirm the spot glossing on the title as I can't make it out . . . on this occasion.
I don't have it in hand so I can't really tell. It does look like you need to give it a lot of light to see the gloss effect. It does look duller on the other pics so maybe it's only visible under certain lighting.

Reactions: virkia