Good Samaritan Steelbook Giveaway Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hey folks! I'm going to host a contest for all the BEC members out there - there are three STEELBOOK prizes up for grabs in total.

Here's the idea.

Any member that HELPS another BEC member find a STEELBOOK or IRONPACK or another collectible at THEIR COST will be eligible to win a FREE STEELBOOK!

RULES

1) The contest will run from September 6th until October 6th.
2) You must receive the collectible from the SENDER for them to be eligible
3) We like pictures! Please take a quick snap of your newest score!
4) The SENDER must be nominated by their FOREIGN trade partner
5) Winners will be drawn at random from those that are nominated
6) In store exclusives are the best candidates - items that any member can obtain from a website really should not be included
7) Shipping costs will be covered by ME to all US members at no charge. Foreign members need to pay exact shipping via airmail - $3.50 (the cost of shipping to US people)

PRIZES

For either US or international members -

1 Size (M) Clash of the Titans t-shirt (from BuffaloMX) - shipping to US is free, shipping to international locations buyer pays half, buffalo has offered to pay half.

For US good samaritans helping foreign members out (there's lots of opportunity with Ironpacks and other collectibles coming out)

1 copy of Transformers steelbook - new / sealed - has a small ding on spine
1 copy of No Country For Old Men steelbook - new / sealed - slight bend to steelbook
1x HARD Blu-ray sized cases (from BluRayJunkie)

For international good samaritans helping US members

1 pristine copy of the Future Shop Book of Eli steelbook - new / sealed
1 copy (open with two small dings) of LOTR empty Best Buy case.
1x HARD Blu-ray sized cases (from BluRayJunkie)

DISCLAIMER

This is not a guarantee or thumbs up of any BEC member. Just like any trade or sale, please know your partner before agreeing to any trade or sale. Tracking numbers in any foreign transaction are recommended, when economically feasible. Always keep proof of the package being sent and pictures of the package when possible.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

US Nominees

1. DigitalBabe
2. Horhay
3. BigNTasty
4. king5six1

International Nominees

1. mams
2. bidou
3. BuffaloMX
4. BluRayJunkie
5. Mr. Snowblood
6. jimmy
7. shepswfc
8. masterblaster

Last edited:
Hey all,

Wanted to nominate Buffalo MX as I just received the Mexican Clash of the Titans Steelbook and exclusive t-shirt as a gift from him as thanks for helping him out in the past with Canadian Exclusives.

As well, it all came in perfect condition due to super packaging.

Thanks again Buffalo :D

Cheers
CrashKelly

First Canadian nominee for the contest: BluRayJunkie

I sold him a few steelbooks a bit ago and the transaction was perfect. Later on I saw a thread discussing the Alpha Security caes and it showed a photo of John Rambo in one of the hard plastic cases. I posted about having to get one for my John Rambo and within minutes BluRayJunkie PM'ed me that he was going to send me one as a thank you for our deal.

Just received the case and it is great and right up there as the Good Deed of the Day :D

Cheers and thanks again BluRayJunkie, it is much appreciated
CrashKelly

I'd like to nominate Mr. Snowblood, I got my GOLD Prince of Persia Steelbook from him Yesterday (Friday) in mint shape! Thanks! :scat:

First Canadian nominee for the contest: BluRayJunkie

I sold him a few steelbooks a bit ago and the transaction was perfect. Later on I saw a thread discussing the Alpha Security caes and it showed a photo of John Rambo in one of the hard plastic cases. I posted about having to get one for my John Rambo and within minutes BluRayJunkie PM'ed me that he was going to send me one as a thank you for our deal.

Just received the case and it is great and right up there as the Good Deed of the Day :D

Cheers and thanks again BluRayJunkie, it is much appreciated
CrashKelly

+1

I'd like to nominate Jimmy !

I've received Cars (CA) from him yesterday, and it was extremly well packed : 10 minutes to reach the steelbook through the wrapping !

A very nice trader, with whom I'll deal again with pleasure.

:oohyeah:

US Nominees

1. DigitalBabe
2. Horhay

International Nominees

1. mams
2. bidou
3. BuffaloMX
4. BluRayJunkie
5. Mr. Snowblood
6. Jimmy

US vs The Rest of the World --> The rest of the world seems to be more helpfull :D:p

Why wouldn't it be "US + Canadian Nominees", and "International Nominees" ?

US vs The Rest of the World --> The rest of the world seems to be more helpfull :D:p

Why wouldn't it be "US + Canadian Nominees", and "International Nominees" ?

LOL.

My original thought was to have the US folks send items, such as the Beauty & the Beast Ironpack, or Resident Evil steels, etc to overseas folks at cost (considering they were quite inexpensive).

Then my next thought was to have folks from other countries that help folks in the US.

But now the international section has been a cross section from europe / canada / etc.

Which is good, don't get me wrong, but not exactly where I was going with my original idea.

We have enough prizes to make another category - if people would like to see a split.

Thoughts?

Can you add shepswfc to the list. The deal was to trade for prince of persia double play and to my suprise no questions asked he sent a triple play instead AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!:scat:EEK!

Status
Not open for further replies.