ps3_gran_turismo_5_nl-import_steelbook_full2.jpg

G1 only.

Attachments

• GT5.jpg
    GT5.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Reactions: FanOfGaming
Most beautiful stickerbook is right up there with least painful gunshot wound as far as praise goes. Every one of them is garbage as far as I'm concerned.

You can make stickerbooks yourself, and because it wouldn't be machine produced, you could even make it so the picture is level, and close to the edge, instead of wonky as hell like every stickerbook I've ever seen.

Most beautiful stickerbook is right up there with least painful gunshot wound as far as praise goes. Every one of them is garbage as far as I'm concerned.

You can make stickerbooks yourself, and because it wouldn't be machine produced, you could even make it so the picture is level, and close to the edge, instead of wonky as hell like every stickerbook I've ever seen.

Haha looks like you hate stickerbooks. While I would prefer full steelbooks as well, there are really nice stickerbooks around.

As for printing your own, well you could but that's just like those people wearing fake rolexes. Deep inside you still know yours is a fake EEK!

People can complain about stickerbooks all they want, but they are still quality, official Steelbooks and arguably the rarest ones around outside of NFSU and Mirror's Edge.

The stickers used are always super high quality, and the designs are awesome. I highly doubt that it is THAT easy to completely 100% make fake ones - if it were easy, the market would no doubt have been flooded by now.

And as Lemur said, why bother making fake Steelbooks when you know they're not real? If you want them to be a part of your personal collection, creating fake ones would defy all logic and would be extremely self-defeating.

People can steer clear of all G1 stickerbooks, as far as i'm concerned - makes it easier for me to collect them.

I wouldn't make a fake steelbook. I'm just pointing out that the real ones are so awful that you can easily make better ones yourself.

They're rare for a reason; they'd never shift them all at retail if they were mass produced. The only people that want them are the ones daft enough pay anything for something rare.

I wouldn't make a fake steelbook. I'm just pointing out that the real ones are so awful that you can easily make better ones yourself.

They're rare for a reason; they'd never shift them all at retail if they were mass produced. The only people that want them are the ones daft enough pay anything for something rare.

I own a decent amount of the rare stickerbooks, and i certainly didn't shell out anything ridiculous for them. I guess it pays to have friends and contacts willing to help out rather than try to shaft you.

Also, for someone who doesn't own any Stickerbooks (which are, again, still official Steelbooks), you make a lot of assumptions in your statement - good thing everyone is entitled to their own opinion I suppose.

They're not at all awful, nor would I pretend to know the actual reason why they aren't released en masse. But, that's just my opinion - and I guess I and a lot of other collectors are just, "daft." Nevermind that i've seen others pay ridiculous amounts for far more common Steelbooks, or that the whole idea of collecting Steelbooks in general could be seen as being "daft." :rolleyes:

Also, for someone who doesn't own any Stickerbooks (which are, again, still official Steelbooks), you make a lot of assumptions in your statement - good thing everyone is entitled to their own opinion I suppose.

I pre-ordered Source Code. And immediately returned it after seeing how crap the "steelbook" was. It being an official scanavo product does not excuse it from criticism. They're the cheapest case scanavo offer, and with good reason. I've also see the Metal Gear HD stickerbook in person, along with photos of plenty of others. I am not making any assumptions. The stickers never cover the steelbook properly, and are never level or centred.

I pre-ordered Source Code. And immediately returned it after seeing how crap the "steelbook" was. It being an official scanavo product does not excuse it from criticism. They're the cheapest case scanavo offer, and with good reason. I've also see the Metal Gear HD stickerbook in person, along with photos of plenty of others. I am not making any assumptions. The stickers never cover the steelbook properly, and are never level or centred.

Again, your opinion. My opinion is that the stickers are VERY high quality and excellently designed - and the case itself is not any less durable than actual printed-on Steelbooks. In fact, it might be the opposite. We can agree to disagree, but I rather like the unique look of stickerbooks and will continue to collect them as long as they come in G1 + continue to be released in rare quantities.

Everyone has a different opinion on stickerbooks, as has been discussed above.

Let's try to get back on topic though please guys, thanks :)