Mondo Gremlins - OST by Jerry Goldsmith (colored vinyl)

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release: November 30, 2016
Purchase: Mondo (sold out)
Price: $35

Note:
2 LP, Pressed on 180 Gram Gizmo (Disc 1 - Brown and White Swirl) and Gremlin (Disc 2 - Green Swirl) Colored Vinyl, Artwork by Phantom City Creative, features "an ultraviolet-sensitive gatefold jacket that reveals hidden messages when exposed to daylight, the disc sleeves are water sensitive; additional artwork is revealed when exposed to a damp cloth. So at a certain time of day, either cute Gizmo or lethal Gizmo will appear by himself or accompanied by tiny, furry allies"

Gremlins_Front Cover_UV Light.jpg
40bcf1d2-3688-48dd-8819-6a2583ef9f6d.jpg

Don’t get this vinyl sleeve wet or expose it to bright light — or maybe you should.

EW is exclusively debuting Mondo’s new Gremlins soundtrack, which arrives in time for the holiday season. The two-LP set channels the 1984 horror comedy and is graced by a demonic mogwai, the titular creatures who are particular about their environments.

The set is just like the monsters: The artwork, by Phantom City Creative, features an ultraviolet-sensitive gatefold jacket that reveals hidden messages when exposed to daylight; the disc sleeves are water sensitive; additional artwork is revealed when exposed to a damp cloth. So at a certain time of day, either cute Gizmo or lethal Gizmo will appear by himself or accompanied by tiny, furry allies.

Obi Strip
gremlins_fc_obi.jpg

Gatefold
5a88ea7b-3539-42dd-a6e5-76547dfc082e.jpg

Dry
Gremlins_Sleeve 2 (Stripe)_Dry.jpg

Wet
Gremlins_Sleve 2 (Stripe)_Wet.jpg

Dry
Gremlins_Sleeve 1(Gizmo)_Dry.jpg

Wet
Gremlins_Sleeve 1(Gizmo)_Wet.jpg

Regular black vinyl release:

Release:
December 16, 2016
Purchase Link & Price:
Transmission Records 39.99 GBP
Norman Records 42.99 GBP
Juno Records 42.99 GBP
HHV.de 55,99 EUR
JPC.de 60,99 EUR

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. On the day it went live. Pretty fast, I was also a little surprised.

But like @karma2578 mentioned, you can cop a regular black, available for pre-order, release December 16. But not cheap...

Transmission Records for 39.99 GBP
Norman Records for 42.99 GBP
Juno Records for 42.99 GBP
HHV.de for 55,99 EUR
JPC.de for 60,99 EUR

Cheers mate

I'll wait it out and see what happens, might get one around cost on the bay or discogs next year sometime or I'll keep an eye on the black vinyl

Guys,
I just got my colour version of ebay but I paid it a fortune and I dont want to open it. How can I be sure that I got colour vinyl version? Outside looks exactly the same.
Thanks

Guys,
I just got my colour version of ebay but I paid it a fortune and I dont want to open it. How can I be sure that I got colour vinyl version? Outside looks exactly the same.
Thanks
No way of telling. Just got to put your trust in seller

happy days. :) finally got hold of a copy of this. i'm not as brave as @moon or @spawnshop so have not given it the wet rag treatment, but the overall package is truly georgeous, and the UV effect impressive.

i can't compete with moon's amazing shots, but here's pics of my copy for anyone interested - outer packaging and gatefold:
inner sleeves and vinyl:

this is me, now! :happy:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Flloydo