The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99
Notes: Title on front cover, NO title on spine.

gotg_bbsteel-jpg.112272

Exclusive HDN Pictures! Thanks so much to Future Shop and @zerox39 for the advance look!! :D
gotg00001-jpg.118042

gotg00002-jpg.118043

gotg00003-jpg.118044

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely burn the current artwork to ground. If it were for a sound track I would understand but for colorful movie like this it just doesn't ring a bell. Also if it were a art of stand alone movie I would have been ok with it but since this is a part of marvel cinematic universe it needs to have at least some consistency with other marvel movies. If not a unique artwork like in vinyl then at least put the regular movie poster. For love of God, wake up Disney.[emoji35]

Definitely burn the current artwork to ground. If it were for a sound track I would understand but for colorful movie like this it just doesn't ring a bell. Also if it were a art of stand alone movie I would have been ok with it but since this is a part of marvel cinematic universe it needs to have at least some consistency with other marvel movies. If not a unique artwork like in vinyl then at least put the regular movie poster. For love of God, wake up Disney.[emoji35]

Well said. Funny thing is that the sound track being released in the US / Canada has the walkman artwork. I'm hoping that Disney North America continues to offer different alternatives to the rest of the world although not looking good for this particular release as the differentiator has been a title on the steel as opposed to none.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ataneruo
12/31 is the end of the year, which is not a Tuesday or a typical release day. This is just a place holder until they actually have a release date.

The fact that these "Phase 2" Marvel films have steelbooks releasing in the US makes me incredibly happy. I think I enjoyed this movie the most. I just hope I love the steelbook as much.

The fact that these "Phase 2" Marvel films have steelbooks releasing in the US makes me incredibly happy. I think I enjoyed this movie the most. I just hope I love the steelbook as much.

Yeah, I was happy in January when @Drum18 shared that things were going to be changing this year for us in the US. It is nice though to be able to choose from such a variety of very different cover art from all over the world though. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was happy in January when @Drum18 shared that things were going to be changing this year for us in the US. It is nice though to be able to choose from such a variety of very different cover art from all over the world though. :rolleyes:
It seems really odd to me that there is (somewhat of) a worldwide cover. I'm pretty new to steelbooks, so this could be not that big of a deal, but I'd have no idea.
I wonder if different countries will get different finishes or embossing

Do my eyes deceive me? ...but i think i see the TITLE on the front on the Steelbook (And its not the J card!!!)

I believe you are correct! It's actually not a horrible solution considering...although I think I would have rather had one on the spine if I had to choose.

Do my eyes deceive me? ...but i think i see the TITLE on the front on the Steelbook (And its not the J card!!!)
You're not crazy... @zerox39 said it before... ;)

Okay, I just chatted with Disney.
The product shown in the Best Buy thread isn't the correct final image and the Zavvi thread has a slightly different product.
The BBY/FS one looks almost exactly like the Zavvi with one little change. The Guardians title is debossed and in that metal empty space near the tape heads (parallel to the text on the tape)