digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you're wrong: the movie was shot in 2D (3D is converted) and with standard cameras (IMAX scenes have been added with DMR post-production) ;)

sorry bradipolpo is correct it was shot in 2d and post converted by james gunn

read http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Guardians-Galaxy-Has-Something-Special-Planned-Its-IMAX-3D-43350.html

Guardians of the Galaxy has been planned as a 3D film from its very inception. Yes, if you see the film in 2D, you'll get a full experience. But the 3D experience promises a little something extra. Unlike many directors, I've been actively involved with converting every shot to 3D, making sure it works perfectly for the story and the film, making sure it's spectacular and immersive without being silly, distracting, or overly showy. 3D conversion was once far inferior to shooting in 3D, but over the past couple years, new technology has allowed us incredible control over the 3D effects, making it equal to -- or in some cases greater than -- shooting in 3D.

Runtime 2 hr 1 min (121 min)
Sound Mix Datasat | Dolby Digital | Dolby Atmos
Color Color
Aspect Ratio 1.90 : 1 (IMAX version: some scenes)
2.35 : 1
Camera Arri Alexa XT Plus, Panavision Primo, Cooke Xtal Express and Angenieux Optimo Lenses
Laboratory FotoKem Laboratory, Burbank (CA), USA (prints)
Technicolor, Hollywood (CA), USA (digital intermediate)
Film Length 3,310.25 m (7 reels)
Negative Format Codex
Cinematographic Process ARRIRAW (2.8K) (source format)
Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format)
J-D-C Scope (anamorphic) (source format) (one scene)
Printed Film Format 35 mm (Kodak Vision 2383)
D-Cinema (also 3-D version)

basil :thumbs:

sorry bradipolpo is correct it was shot in 2d and post converted by james gunn

read http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Guardians-Galaxy-Has-Something-Special-Planned-Its-IMAX-3D-43350.html

Guardians of the Galaxy has been planned as a 3D film from its very inception. Yes, if you see the film in 2D, you'll get a full experience. But the 3D experience promises a little something extra. Unlike many directors, I've been actively involved with converting every shot to 3D, making sure it works perfectly for the story and the film, making sure it's spectacular and immersive without being silly, distracting, or overly showy. 3D conversion was once far inferior to shooting in 3D, but over the past couple years, new technology has allowed us incredible control over the 3D effects, making it equal to -- or in some cases greater than -- shooting in 3D.

Runtime 2 hr 1 min (121 min)
Sound Mix Datasat | Dolby Digital | Dolby Atmos
Color Color
Aspect Ratio 1.90 : 1 (IMAX version: some scenes)
2.35 : 1
Camera Arri Alexa XT Plus, Panavision Primo, Cooke Xtal Express and Angenieux Optimo Lenses
Laboratory FotoKem Laboratory, Burbank (CA), USA (prints)
Technicolor, Hollywood (CA), USA (digital intermediate)
Film Length 3,310.25 m (7 reels)
Negative Format Codex
Cinematographic Process ARRIRAW (2.8K) (source format)
Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format)
J-D-C Scope (anamorphic) (source format) (one scene)
Printed Film Format 35 mm (Kodak Vision 2383)
D-Cinema (also 3-D version)

basil :thumbs:

I wasnt denying that he was right i pretty much agreed ;)

Given the degree of FX work, I suppose it's not hard to see why the 3D looks so amazing even though its post-converted. I would never have believed this was a post-production job, but I guess it's easier to convert digital effects than live action seamlessly.

brilliant thanks for answering! (so the artwork etc is the same?)

Couldn't give a crap about 3D so this edition is fine for me then :)
Yep it looks identical, you may get some Nordic language/text on the information card but the Steelbook is Worldwide Artwork so it will be exactly the same as the UK release [emoji106]

Reactions: coxy100
I have the Nordic release. I paid around £25 for it which is a hell of a lot cheaper than the Zavvi edition now goes for. The steelbook and inside artwork are exactly the same as the 2 disc version.