digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I order one through amazon in Germany, saw this thread and was hoping to get mine today - but seems they have a release date of jan 2015! Like others, want to ensure I get a copy, and amazon Germany having them seemed a bit to good to be true, but don't want to go ebay route just yet . . . umm.

Maybe Zavvi are selling via accounts that look like normal users on eBay? Wouldn't surprise me knowing they can get £15-20+ more than they charged originally! Most I've seen one go for is £49.80 I think...

So what happens to those that received damaged copies? Zavvi shows sold out but people know for fact that there is a limited stock?
Anyone ever found out if Zavvi keeps a small stock for replacement purposes?

I'm receiving my copy tomorrow, so I'm nervous as hell :(

Anyone still waiting for their copy?

I still haven't got mine; yet 2 orders that were posted after this I have got :grumpy:

2 copies ordered still have not turned up, should i panic. I also had an order posted after and they turned up today. Hope they haven't been lost in the post, gutted if they are.

I don't believe for 1 minute they are all sold out. I suspect they will find a load soon, and stick them on their outlet on eBay. They can then mark them up to £30.
I wouldn't trust Zavvi for as far as I could throw them. [emoji2][emoji106]

Past behaviour would support this theory. I'm just wondering whether to wait it out or join a group buy for the Best Buy version - works out only slightly more. There's no way I'm paying scalper prices for this. I'd rather just have the amaray if I can't get it for a decent price.

So got my They Live steelbook which was sent a day after this but still waiting for Guardians to arrive (n)

Same here, my They Live arrived today, which was sent 2 days after this, and my Purge was sent the day after and I got that on Saturday.

Strange that this is taking longer!!

So what happens to those that received damaged copies? Zavvi shows sold out but people know for fact that there is a limited stock?
Anyone ever found out if Zavvi keeps a small stock for replacement purposes?

I'm receiving my copy tomorrow, so I'm nervous as hell :(

if you receive a damaged copy there is a possible small window to be able to get a replacement, usually it is when they go back in stock, or before(if they do it is shortly after release date). So if you get a damaged one, you contact right away for replacement no time to waste, they will then tell you of status of if replacement posible. Once they really are sold out, if you receive a damaged copy, from a past release what happened is that they were either offering a discount or a refund(with damaged copy returned).

Reactions: Raimi
I know at least 20 people that cancelled theirs after Zavvi sold out so as usual Zavvi are telling porky pies about still being sold out. I definitely cancelled mine.