May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: October 1, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1566538806938.jpeg

Last edited:
Hopefully Guardians 2 will also get a matching steelbook. Though I can’t help but feel Disney will mess up and no matching steel for Vol. 3 will be made..

This reminds me that I have to pre-order them, I totally forgot they were coming out next week!
I’m hoping all these releases sell slowly enough that I can get them inside the holiday window so I can pricematch the inevitable sales over the holidays. With a little luck that’ll be 10/7 for elite members (bought a denon receiver over 7/4 that put me over the top). But we’ll see. I’ll be monitoring stock really closely and jump earlier if I have too, but if it’s like the Iron Man and Thor movies, I’ve got plenty of time to bite. I’m mostly worried about Ant Man, Strange and to some degree Frozen (mostly because the art work is awesome).

Strange that ANT-MAN is the only one with its frame not matching its back but no matter as all together clearly make up a lovely mini collection in its own right.

As for our UK release schedule icompared to the US schedule: lucky that our steels have been well spread out but would still like confirmation dates for the final three to be announced in this wave . . . releasing hopefully in January 2020 or in December just in time for Christmas:-

USA ------------------------------------------------------------- UK-------------------------I

CAP. AMERICA: February 2019 ................................. April 2019
WINTER SOLDIER: April 2019 .................................... May 2019
CIVIL WAR: April 2019 ................................................ May 2019

IRON MAN: August 2019 ...................................... August 2019
IRON MAN 2: August 2019 ................................... August 2019
IRON MAN 3: August 2019 ............................. September 2019

THOR: August 2019 ............................................. October 2019
THE DARK WORLD: August 2019 ....................... October 2019
RAGNAROK: August 2019 .............................. November 2019

DOCTOR STRANGE: October 2019 ..................... December 2019 / January 2020 (TBA)
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: October 2019..... December 2019 / January 2020 (TBA)
ANT-MAN: October 2019 ..................................... December 2019 / January 2020 (TBA)

• Informative
Reactions: Mike Haley
See I don't know becuase I think they will pair antman and the first guardians with their sequels. You wanna think thor ragnarok is coming out on 4k here in the UK and there's been nothing for the US yet. Personnally I think we'll get one or two before Christmas and rest in 2020. From zavvi's marketing prospective it makes sense to push both films in the franchise out around the same time.

Strange that ANT-MAN is the only one with its frame not matching its back but no matter as all together clearly make up a lovely mini collection in its own right.

As for our UK release schedule icompared to the US schedule: lucky that our steels have been well spread out but would still like confirmation dates for the final three to be announced in this wave . . . releasing hopefully in January 2020 or in December just in time for Christmas:-

USA ------------------------------------------------------------- UK-------------------------I

CAP. AMERICA: February 2019 ................................. April 2019
WINTER SOLDIER: April 2019 .................................... May 2019
CIVIL WAR: April 2019 ................................................ May 2019

IRON MAN: August 2019 ...................................... August 2019
IRON MAN 2: August 2019 ................................... August 2019
IRON MAN 3: August 2019 ............................. September 2019

THOR: August 2019 ............................................. October 2019
THE DARK WORLD: August 2019 ....................... October 2019
RAGNAROK: August 2019 .............................. November 2019

DOCTOR STRANGE: October 2019 ..................... December 2019 / January 2020 (TBA)
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: October 2019..... December 2019 / January 2020 (TBA)
ANT-MAN: October 2019 ..................................... December 2019 / January 2020 (TBA)
Spreading out isn’t really an issue, IMO, because it’s highly unlikely that all of these will sell out. In fact, AFAIK, none of the marvel titles released this year are sold out, but maybe Captain Marvel has. I’m not really sure why BBY does runs that are this large.

Personally, I’m hoping to get them whenever holiday return windows opens up. That gives me a month or 2 to price match....which was useful last year for several movies I bought around then end of October (but i’m Hoping my new elite status = it starts next week :D